What's new

Indian P-17A frigates superior to Pakistan's Type-054A frigates: Senior Indian Navy officer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Type54-A-P displacement is 4000+ Tones and P-17A displacement is 7000+ Tones ……….. LMAO ……….. Hw was senior office in IN ………….. lol...………………………… Randi Rona at its best ………..
I only wish we add 12+ cell VLS if possible and if space available in our Type-54A-P this will kill this top official..

Thing is Their Top of the line ships are barely more heavily armed than a frigate in the PLAN in fire power with 3000 more tons weight and completely a joke compared to the PLANs flagships which are in a completely different league at the same or more cost.

I dont know why Indians want to make themselves feel better making comparisons like this.

You want real comparisons?

China at the current rate of production will finish building 14 type 055s by the time India finishes 1 P17A.

China already finished production of the 054A at 26 hulls 5 years before the first P17A will be completed.

T-25122018220051.png

Rear Admiral TK Sen (retired) was in-charge of operations of Western Naval Command in 2005-07.

He seems worried, oh and what else do people expect him to say, tres surprise not!

He seems worried, oh and what else do people expect him to say, tres surprise not!
Are you a senior naval commander or naval architect?
If not how can you say he is wrong?

Are you a senior naval commander or naval architect?
If not how can you say he is wrong?

I didn’t say he was wrong, I said he’s worried. But anyway seeing as he bought the topic up, why didn’t he point out how his vessel is more superior, oh sorry “far superior”.

To all the raging Gangadeshis, you need to consider that Pakistan is a much smaller nation in comparison to India in all aspects, economically and otherwise, before making these comparisons.

Pakistan never claimed their acquisition was with an intent to overpower India. Instead we want to slowly beef up our security on our relatively small shoreline due to increased economic activity in the region. No need to have an orgasm as it's not a 'mine is bigger than yours' contest. Obviously Indians who have a global force rating that put them in the top few, should be comparing itself with USA, China and Russia, however minuscule it may make them feel.

What's next, India comparing it's strength with that of Bhutan?

No it's Pakistan which always tries to protect itself as balancing power against India and always do India specific acquisition. Actually, when project 17 is compared to type 54, it is actually a comparison of Chinese with Indian frigate.

They are infact no match.

How convenient that you forgot about Dwarka and Kukri was not the only ship PNS sank...just call some to INS officer to tell you the hair raising stories of 1965 and 71 and now Dwarka was destroyed
Dwarka was destroyed....LOL...
Only 40 shells were fired by PN ships and the bombing lasted for only about 5 minutes. No one was killed in the attack, nothing was destroyed.

Type54-A-P displacement is 4000+ Tones and P-17A displacement is 7000+ Tones ……….. LMAO ……….. Hw was senior office in IN ………….. lol...………………………… Randi Rona at its best ………..
I only wish we add 12+ cell VLS if possible and if space available in our Type-54A-P this will kill this top official..
You are confusing P15B with P17A.

Do you know how many PN ships we sunk in 1971 as against 1 kukri?
Each P15 Kolkata has 16 brahmos,enough for whole PN surface fleet.4 chinese frigates which are talwar class equivalents are going to change nothing.PN is still equal of our coast guard.
Its worrying when you TTA posts this as the fourth post of a thread that could well have discussed the technical capabilities of two military systems. Worrying and disappointing.

Thread closed for now, will see if we can open it after some cleaning up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom