What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

CSpimsDUkAAu_FJ.jpg

His credentials are irrelevant. He is yet another analyst who is echoing the same theme, see below for an explanation sir.

This is not about self-esteem of Indians but PERCEPTION and hence it can only be analysed by a third party. The fact is it is irrelevant what the reality is but how the outside world interprets the news coming out of India and filters it based on their own weighting system.

As someone outside of India, born and living in the West, I can tell you just how much damage these trivial and petty irritants are doing to the GoI/PM. I rarely see any positive news stories about India these days in the British (or even international) media- it is all about meat, civil discord, minority treatment etc. The narrative SHOULD be about India's economy and the Indian growth story (the kind of reporting China enjoyed for much of the last decade) but that is entirely absent.

Understand that this will have tangible side effects for India- a loss in FDI and a degree of unrealised revenue from tourism- in the long run this will amount to tens of billions.

t.
If increase in FDI in India is any indication then this perception war is being won by India and Modi by a huge margin, Moodys warnings or THIRD PARTY warnings notwithstanding. Your perceptions as an NRI may not always match what an Indian in India thinks and wants. Indians in India have to decide what kind of India they want and Indians are deciding.

His credentials are irrelevant. He is yet another analyst who is echoing the same theme, see below for an explanation sir.

This is not about self-esteem of Indians but PERCEPTION and hence it can only be analysed by a third party. The fact is it is irrelevant what the reality is but how the outside world interprets the news coming out of India and filters it based on their own weighting system.

As someone outside of India, born and living in the West, I can tell you just how much damage these trivial and petty irritants are doing to the GoI/PM. I rarely see any positive news stories about India these days in the British (or even international) media- it is all about meat, civil discord, minority treatment etc. The narrative SHOULD be about India's economy and the Indian growth story (the kind of reporting China enjoyed for much of the last decade) but that is entirely absent.

Understand that this will have tangible side effects for India- a loss in FDI and a degree of unrealised revenue from tourism- in the long run this will amount to tens of billions.

@Darmashkian is 100% right- the GoI's media management is unfathomably PATHETIC. The pain the GoI/PM, India's image as a whole, is taking is entirely self-inflicted and I am yet to see a credible reason why this supposedly proactive, "tech-savvy" and decisive leader is shirking his responsibilities. At the very least he has the means to assemble a truly exceptional media team (I don't doubt his ability to lure the best of the best in this field in India) but refuses to do even that.

Its not just media management Modi and his council of clowns (2 or 3 exceptions) have under performed almost everywhere be it education,health or econ, even parrikarr turned out to be damp squib

Last edited:
This isn't even in the top 10 crimes the "Saint" committed in office. Why there are no questions being asked of his performance (or lack thereof) by the incumbent GoI as India's longest serving Defence Minister I am unable to understand.

This man has quite literally got blood on his hands but has been allowed to run away scot free.

Your perceptions as an NRI may not always match what an Indian in India thinks and wants. Indians in India have to decide what kind of India they want and Indians are deciding.
True, but the vast majority of Indians seem to be rejecting the actions/words of a despicable few on the fringe. The unfortunate part is that the actions of this minority are tarnishing the image of India and all Indians.

If increase in FDI in India is any indication then this perception war is being won by India and Modi by a huge margin, Moodys warnings or THIRD PARTY warnings notwithstanding.
As you have pointed out- this increase in FDI is in spite of the negative headlines that have been generated. I am talking about the unrealised revenues- this will never be calculated but will amount to vast sums that India simply cannot afford to be missing out on.

even parrikarr turned out to be damp squib /QUOTE]

That is putting it very mildly.....[/QUOTE]

This isn't even in the top 10 crimes the "Saint" committed in office. Why there are no questions being asked of his performance (or lack thereof) by the incumbent GoI as India's longest serving Defence Minister I am unable to understand.

This man has quite literally got blood on his hands but has been allowed to run away scot free.

The govt has too much on its hand right now correcting the past mess. I do not think any illegality done by anyone will be overlooked, just a matter of time.

True, but the vast majority of Indians seem to be rejecting the actions/words of a despicable few on the fringe. The unfortunate part is that the actions of this minority are tarnishing the image of India and all Indians.

Vast majority? I do not think so. The crowds at Modi's rallies do not indicate that. The messages on social media, internet, news site comments do not indicate that. No one in India is flustered except the corrupt ecosystem of Congress and its dependent stooges.

These are the figures for meat consumption per capita for the world and India. You think vast majority of Indians are riled up about Beef ban?

meatconsumption.png

Back
Top Bottom