What's new

Indian Railways vs. Chinese Railways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video-wall-Bangalore-Metro-Control-Centre.jpg

That's the dispatch room for the Bangalore Metro, not Indian Railways.

Last edited:
Nice pics Andrew.

Sri Lanka is cursed to have India as a neighbour. Snake charmers and cow dung venerators.

They are not enjoyable. Nothing India makes is enjoyable.
hahahaha good to see that the greatest and the richest country like sri lanka has to rely on engines provided by snake charmers :lol:

Hullo, you don't know anything, come create a thread so that you could post 3000 photos of Chinese stations and trains like a paid advertisement, circle jerk fellow feathers, and come here with what India can do or can't do ?

Stick to posting more Chinese photos and exhausting yourself and your fellow circle jerkers.

Don't mind me. Carry on, false flagger.

Quite the contrary, it's you who don't know anything.

Why don't you educate yourself for once? India does NOT have the indigenous design and manufacturing capability to produce rolling stock for her metro systems. That is a FACT.

One of the only modern metro rolling stock that India produces is under license from Hyundai-Rotem, which is a South Korean company.

Alstom and others also have JV manufacturing facilities in India, but modern rolling stock they produce are also licensed products, not of indigenous designs.

Last edited:
And Mumbai coaches made in China imported by Reliance ?
I've read this news before.
But before saying something about CSR, think about my questions below
1, Why CSR's MRT trains in Singapore do well even it rains more heavily in Singapore and many other cities in China?
2, Why don't u manufacture your own? If not, ask yourself what's your maintenance and checks before operation?
3, Why CSR & CNR continue to win bid in India if every Chinese train sucks?

They offer the basic decency of life, isn't it?

Let me tell u, if it was in 2008-2009 when HSR was first introduced to China(at that time HSR operated on normal lines at 200-250km/h), yes, these new stations were rare. (Wuhan Railway Station in my citywas one of the first).
Now, HSR is like a disease spreading around China.
Just have a look at my thread(constantly upgraded) https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/
It is nearly a "shame" if one comes from a city or a county which has not been linked to national HSR network. One middle school in a remote mountainous region has an ad for teachers which said, "Teachers wanted, our county has HSR to Guangzhou and provincial capital". Cause they are super cosy, safe and cheaper than blood-sucking buses(I hate them, it took at least 2 hours from my city to my dad's hometown by bus, but now half an hour by HSR just 80% of the bus ticket fare).

Don't be worried when the first HSR in India attracts little passengers, the history in China has already show, patience and endeavour will make a difference, When India has an initial network, huge amount of people will be attracted to HSR.
Like this( all taken by my phone)
Shanghai
View attachment 211959
Wuhan
View attachment 211958

The old station in my city(for HSR and normal trains), a century-old
View attachment 211962 View attachment 211960 View attachment 211957 View attachment 211961

Xiamen
View attachment 211964
View attachment 211965

What is the fare like, is it cheaper than air or same cost?

In India 150 km/h trains are called high-speed trains. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Quite the contrary, it's you who don't know anything.

Why don't you educate yourself for once? India does NOT have the indigenous design and manufacturing capability to produce rolling stock for her metro systems. That is a FACT.

The only modern metro rolling stock India produces is under license from Hyundai-Rotem, which is a South Korean company.

So what ? We bought the technology. And we make metro coaches which do not leak water in rain.

You take off those Chinese goggles and stop doing you know what on a Chinese you know what, maybe you can, maybe see my point. Ok ?

In India 150 km/h trains are called high-speed trains. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

I thought they were called "super-fast" or "semi-bullet/semi-high-speed", not "high-speed". High-speed doesn't have an universally agreed definition, but most everyone refers to UIC's definition of 250km or more for new lines and 200km or more for upgraded existing lines.

So "semi-bullet" is an apt term, although not international standard.

Of course cheaper than air, even cheaper than discounted economy class tickets in most cases.

I feel sorry for your compatriots' comments and they are really that type of keyboard warriors in my own railway forum, ill-conceited, alway point out others' faults instead of self-examniation. It's actually a sort of inferior complex.
But don't get unmotivated by them, they cannot represent India and of course Modi's administration which is about ambition, learning from others and endeavour.

I've read this news before.
But before saying something about CSR, think about my questions below
1, Why CSR's MRT trains in Singapore do well even it rains more heavily in Singapore and many other cities in China?
2, Why don't u manufacture your own? If not, ask yourself what's your maintenance and checks before operation?
3, Why CSR & CNR continue to win bid in India if every Chinese train sucks?

Obviously Chinese trains don't suck, those who say are saying out of jealousy.

In India Delhi has a good metro rail service but that is intra-city not inter-city. Crowd is the only problem there, and a MAJOR one but that unfortunately can't be helped. Delhi has among the highest population density on the planet. But the infra and service provided is almost world-class and improving.

The Delhi metro was build with Active South Korean inputs. If I am not mistaken the coaches/engines are built by the koreans. The coaches are clean, trains are on time except on emergencies (which are rare or unavoidable), littering is a punishable offence, security is good and fares are cheap.

If Indian railways work like Delhi metro then we can stand on a equal footing with China.

So what ? We bought the technology. And we make metro coaches which do not leak water in rain.

So what? You've made a fool of yourself, that's pretty obvious. It means you were wrong to imply that India has the capability to design and manufacture rolling stock for Mumbai Metro.

Moreover, India didn't actually "buy" the technology from South Korea. India merely licensed it, with all tooling and parts provided by South Korea, to be locally assembled into final products.

There was no real ToT to speak of, and India cannot export the assembled rolling stock.

Of course cheaper than air, even cheaper than discounted economy class tickets in most cases.

I feel sorry for your compatriots' comments and they are really that type of keyboard warriors in my own railway forum, ill-conceited, alway point out others' faults instead of self-examniation. It's actually a sort of inferior complex.
But don't get unmotivated by them, they cannot represent India and of course Modi's administration which is about ambition, learning from others and endeavour.

And some are actually commenting that "super-fast" trains (Thanks for the correction @by78 ) are bad for India. I mean bad, why bad? Any time some infra development starts to take place there are some sort of protest or others.

In Gujarat, an Indian state, there is acute water scarcity. A dam will solve that crisis but for last 2 fcuking decades the dam could not be build because of meaningless and mindless protests. In Orissa valuable ores cannot be mined because of protests, In south India nuclear plant cannot be set up because of protests.

If these vocal Indians have their way India will go back to the "romantic" and "nostalgic" era of candles and post-cards. But look at the brighter side, every dinner will be a candle light dinner.

Nice pics Andrew.

Sri Lanka is cursed to have India as a neighbour. Snake charmers and cow dung venerators.

They are not enjoyable. Nothing India makes is enjoyable.
Calm down, it's in vain to preach some isolated minds.
Sri Lanka is our partner, some small things won't have impart on Sino-Lanka relation.
Actually CSR has exported some DMU to Sri Lanka, even we Chinese don't have these types of DMU(diesel multiple unit) in China although we have a lot of non-electrical lines.;)
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 20.17.33.png

@by78 One of your photo is about my city Wuhan in Central China.
Last week I took a train to a nearby city within my province.
(Every time I travel, I'll take tons of photos of railway, that's railwaylism;))
Wuhan Railway Station(more than 300 HSR services per day)

View attachment 211953

A normal weekday night. Taking HSR is part our life.
View attachment 211951

It was not a train starting from Wuhan, it was from Xi'an in Northwestern China 1000 km away and to Nanchang 800 km away.
View attachment 211954

An HSR at an intermediate stop only waits for 1-10min.(1-3 for small stations, 2-10min for big one)
View attachment 211946

All passengers aboard
View attachment 211952

Cheaper safer faster and cosier than buses, crowed everyday
View attachment 211949 View attachment 211948

Arrive at my destination, 30 minutes for 100km
View attachment 211947
@Indian Patriot Back to topic. It's nothing shameful to see others' achievements. We feel the same compared to other sophisticated railway systems, like Japan. Motivated by them as opposed to vainglorious. Your attitude is what Modi's team calls for.

Stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom