What's new

Indian Special Forces

NSG during R-Day:

tumblr_o1kt8fAWYP1tjfjuco1_1280.png

tumblr_o1kt8fAWYP1tjfjuco2_1280.png

On the right you can see a member of the SPG's Counter Sniper Unit (CSU)- the first time I've seen them pictured.

@Levina @Unknowncommando @Koovie @kbd-raaf

does anybody know what kind of helmet sikh soldiers in special forces wear?
The same helmets as everyone else bro ;)

NSG during R-Day:

tumblr_o1kt8fAWYP1tjfjuco1_1280.png

tumblr_o1kt8fAWYP1tjfjuco2_1280.png

On the right you can see a member of the SPG's Counter Sniper Unit (CSU)- the first time I've seen them pictured.

@Levina @Unknowncommando @Koovie @kbd-raaf

The same helmets as everyone else bro ;)
i was asking regard to turban,since they are not allowed to take them off.do they have modified helmets or something else?
images

i've only seen these ones
Indian_Army_Solider_SikhLi.jpg

but they are not standard issue in special forces.

i was asking regard to turban,since they are not allowed to take them off.do they have modified helmets or something else?

i've only seen these ones
Indian_Army_Solider_SikhLi.jpg

but they are not standard issue in special forces.
This is a Turban but it does not represent the size of the helmet needed.

For functional roles Sikhs can tie their hair in a Patka:

monty-panesar-biography-famous-sikh-achievers-sports-cricket-england-player.jpg

Attacking-Indian-Hockey-team-Ensures-Productivity.jpg

And almost any helmet will easily fit as proven by the fact that Sikh fighter pilots have no real issues with helmets:

1410735865575_wps_1_9D4741C10FCFD6403103B81C7.jpg

Gp Capt AP Singh, Tejas Test Pilot:

Gp+Capt+AP+Singh+of+Tejas+Test+Pilots+Team.jpg

09AP.jpg

The tradtional tin helmets worn by the IA though were simply too tight to be worn by Sikhs and this is why the Patka was designed but it proved to be so effective the entire IA adopted it for CI operations.

JointMilitaryExercise.jpg

132877494_11n.jpg

So in SF units the Sikh operators will wear the same helmet as their team mates.

12496454_664816680326686_5131746116141809731_o.jpg
12651327_10154015221023690_5331564654401117329_n.jpg

PARA SF
unnamed.jpg
12573669_1660039910904231_3298864603195856703_n.jpg

Marine commando Anil Raina first officer from navy special forces and Jammu Kashmir to command the navy contingent at republic day parade New Delhi.
IMG_20160127_095821.jpg

Marco
12548964_977811845642686_8010361866201677682_n.jpg

NSG at rajpath.
I dont understand why they are using those old helmets when they have modern ACH with rails and their old russian helmets. I know that sniper teams doesn't need helmets in these conditions but still new ACHs are being added to old russians so they must phase out thr old bucket helmets. But they are still using them in drills as well as during deployment.
@Abingdonboy ur thoughts bro

Last edited:
The helmet confusion reigns in babudom. There NSG guys have to make do with whatever babus choose. I have always thought NSG guys have a regulation helmet but now, more than ever, I too am seeing pictures of them wearing M1 type spin-offs instead of the PASGT types.

View attachment 289785 View attachment 289786
PARA SF
View attachment 289787 View attachment 289788
Marine commando Anil Raina first officer from navy special forces and Jammu Kashmir to command the navy contingent at republic day parade New Delhi.
View attachment 289790
Marco
View attachment 289789
NSG at rajpath.
I dont understand why they are using those old helmets when they have modern ACH with rails and their old russian helmets. I know that sniper teams doesn't need helmets in these conditions but still new ACHs are being added to old russians so they must phase out thr old bucket helmets. But they are still using them in drills as well as during deployment.
@Abingdonboy ur thoughts bro

The helmet confusion reigns in babudom. There NSG guys have to make do with whatever babus choose. I have always thought NSG guys have a regulation helmet but now, more than ever, I too am seeing pictures of them wearing M1 type spin-offs instead of the PASGT types.

I guess it is a question of inventory and resource allocation. The main CT task force have all the "Gucci" kit and are all wearing the new standard helmets with most of them in the ACH+rail, they also have the best gear and weapons as they are the "tip of the spear" for the NSG. Those you see with the out-dated helmets are support/secondary teams- as well as those in the hubs.

Obviously it's not a good situation and hopefully in the future every single NSG operator has the best possible equipment.

This GoI is meant to have increased the NSG's budget so let's hope that this translates into even better kit.

I think that the NSG will start to adopt the FAST high cut helmet in the coming years.

There were footage of Special forces from Siachen in Discovery Channel's Revealed: Siachen

Any links to the full episode? @PARIKRAMA @anant_s

+ @ranjeet, I'm still awiating your self-shot vid of the PM's motorcade bro ;)

JAMMU, Jan 25: A son of the soil has been selected to lead Indian Navy contingent at Rajpath during Republic Day Parade on January 26.
Squadron Commander Anil Raina, son of Chander Parkash Raina of Miran Sahib, will be the first officer from Jammu to lead a Naval contingent during a Republic Day Parade. He will also be the first officer from Marine Commandos to lead a Naval Contingent.
He is presently posted at Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala as Squadron Commander.
Born in a lower middle class family, with father as a shopkeeper and mother a housewife, Anil joined Navy as Recruit after matriculation to support the family even as he was school topper in class 10th in 1999.
While working in Navy, he completed Plus 2 in Correspondence and by his hard work, got selected in Commission Exam in Navy in 2001. He joined Navy Academy Goa in 2002 with Plus Two NDA/Naval Academy Entry Cadets.
During the three-year training at Naval Academy, Anil achieved various special awards and feats. He became second Cadet in history of Naval Academy to win Best Tenderfooter and Best Typhooner Awards in the rigorous Jungle Training camps (Camp Tenderfoot happens in first year and Camp typhoon happens in second year; Only one cadet is selected as best cadet of whole camp).
He was also awarded +2 (Plus Two) grading in Parade Training, a highest grading that a cadet can achieve in his whole training of three years. Only one or two cadets in a course get this. He won Award of Best Master of ceremony for five times during Inter Squadron Dramatics Competition and remained as Chief Editor of Naval Academy’s prestigious Magazine ‘AHOY’ for three terms. He Passed out with the Chief of Naval Staff Trophy for Best Cadet in Seamanship in 2005.
Anil represented his Squadron in Inter Squadron Water Polo, Football, Hockey, Volleyball and X-Country Running. He passed out with the Degree of B Sc in Naval Sciences from Goa University.
He led Indian Navy contingent during SAIL Parade at Bremerhaven Germany in 2005, as a Sea Cadet from INS Tarangini (the SAIL training ship of Navy), along with other countries of world and the contingent was awarded the Smartest Crew Trophy.
He commanded the Passsing Out Parade of Sea Cadets On Board Naval Ship INS TIR in December 2005 and passed out as a Midshipman.
Anil Raina got commissioned in July 2006, after completion of total four years of training. He volunteered to join combat diving course of ten months at Navy Diving School Kochi, Kerala. He was got selected for course and passed out with the trophy of Best Diver of the course in November 2007. He became first Combat Diving Officer in Navy from J&K.
Thereafter, he volunteered to join Navy special forces, Marine Commandos (MARCOS) and got selected for the course in 2008. Passed out in January 2009 with award of Best Commando in physicals and became first officer in Marine Commandos from J&K. He was awarded On the Spot Commendation by Commander-in-Chief Eastern Naval Command for counter terrorist operations in Kashmir in 2013. In 2015, he was awarded On the Spot Commendation by Commander-in-Chief Southern Naval Command for professional excellence.

http://www.dailyexcelsior.com/son-of-soil-to-lead-indian-navy-contingent-during-r-day-parade-2/

12607100_811413505637479_709216097_n.jpg

Marco in Kashmir during Navy Chief's Visit
Notice the SEAL TRIDENT on his chest
Thanks to hkdas for the pic
29-B.jpg

Para
PicsArt_1454015694170.jpg
PicsArt_1454015732505.jpg

NSG
12604659_680005235435374_514154480458521253_o.jpg

PARA SF marching on Rajpath

Last edited:
I guess it is a question of inventory and resource allocation. The main CT task force have all the "Gucci" kit and are all wearing the new standard helmets with most of them in the ACH+rail, they also have the best gear and weapons as they are the "tip of the spear" for the NSG. Those you see with the out-dated helmets are support/secondary teams- as well as those in the hubs.

Obviously it's not a good situation and hopefully in the future every single NSG operator has the best possible equipment.

This GoI is meant to have increased the NSG's budget so let's hope that this translates into even better kit.

I think that the NSG will start to adopt the FAST high cut helmet in the coming years.

Any links to the full episode? @PARIKRAMA @anant_s

+ @ranjeet, I'm still awiating your self-shot vid of the PM's motorcade bro ;)
Sure, will do that bro. Haven't forgotten about it. :p:

Back
Top Bottom