What's new

Indian Special Forces

HAHAH, you don't mean this guy do you??

Yup i think thats him.

anandale_042012103746.jpg

I wish you had the Hi-Resolution of this.

Actually i want to post this pics in india military pics thread ...:) posted here by mistk :P

Actually you posted the SF pic with a question asking whether the are Regular Infantry and when you posted Regular Infantry pic you labelled them as PARA.

The Regulars/Infantrymen dont have Tavor.

Whenever identifying a soldier keep a few things in mind:-

1.The weapon he is carrying.
2.Epaulette/Beret or badges.
3.The way he is dressed up.

If you keep these 3 things in mind you will never make a mistake identifying a soldier.

Actually you posted the SF pic with a question asking whether the are Regular Infantry and when you posted Regular Infantry pic you labelled them as PARA.

The Regulars/Infantrymen dont have Tavor.

Whenever identifying a soldier keep a few things in mind:-

1.The weapon he is carrying.
2.Epaulette/Beret or badges.
3.The way he is dressed up.

If you keep these 3 things in mind you will never make a mistake identifying a soldier.

the pic on which i question marked was posted by abingboy :) by the way thanks for your tip .. got your wi-fi ? :P

Anyone got pics of the ongoing/recently concluded annual joint Indo-US SOF excersise? Was meant to have taken place in early August. Think it's called Exercise Vajra Prahar-similar Yudh Abhays series but exclusively for SOFs.

btw guys found a cool vid of Vajra Prahar 2011:

Vajra Prahar on Vimeo

Last edited by a moderator:
^^KICKASS!!

PARA SF has a lot of influence from the Israeli SF and now you can see the US influence also.Its also coz the the PARA SF train a lot with the Israeli's and now the US.A lot of excercises with the Israelis are kept secret for obvious reasons and its good to see the PARA's come a long way in terms of equipment and training from before.

The Para's have a slight arrogance in their behaviour which i have always liked.

I had a feeling after watching the clip again and again that these are not regular PARA SF after watching the clip...something made me feel that...I felt like they are not from 1 unit...

Its my personal observation and i wont be getting into detail coz we have a lot of people here complaining about mainiting secrecy and all...but thats my personal observation.

Already there is a lot of stuff happening in the training and equipment deptt which all of us will get to see in the near future.

Overall i loved the video and was waiting for something like this for a long time.Didnt really like the Cobra video...and i liked the line in the clip..."We are fighting the same enemy in the end"

^^KICKASS!!

PARA SF has a lot of influence from the Israeli SF and now you can see the US influence also.Its also coz the the PARA SF train a lot with the Israeli's and now the US.A lot of excercises with the Israelis are kept secret for obvious reasons and its good to see the PARA's come a long way in terms of equipment and training from before.

The Para's have a slight arrogance in their behaviour which i have always liked.

I had a feeling after watching the clip again and again that these are not regular PARA SF after watching the clip...something made me feel that...I felt like they are not from 1 unit...

Its my personal observation and i wont be getting into detail coz we have a lot of people here complaining about mainiting secrecy and all...but thats my personal observation.

Already there is a lot of stuff happening in the training and equipment deptt which all of us will get to see in the near future.

Overall i loved the video and was waiting for something like this for a long time.Didnt really like the Cobra video...and i liked the line in the clip..."We are fighting the same enemy in the end"

I was thikning it was maybe a few different PARA (SF) units as the officla news said it was 3 PARA (SF) but the IA SF officer is said to be from 4 PARA (SF). And the line "We are fighting the same enemy in the end" stuck out for me too.

+could you email me with your reasoing that you are uneasy to post here?

I was thikning it was maybe a few different PARA (SF) units as the officla news said it was 3 PARA (SF) but the IA SF officer is said to be from 4 PARA (SF). And the line "We are fighting the same enemy in the end" stuck out for me too.

+could you email me with your reasoing that you are uneasy to post here?

Sure..I will!

+ The biggest improvement i see in Para SF when i compare them with the PARA's of 90s is the education.Now even the soldiers can communicate and write in English and other languages easily and this is a big thing to achieve coz most of our soldiers come from rural areas where they have Hindi medium schools.

So the Army is making a lot of effort to not only give them kickass training,exposure and weaponry but also making them well educated and confident individuals.

I think its a great move in the end.A move which will not only help them in communicating with soldiers from other Armies but will help them after retirement if they have a degree and know English very well.

Not sure if these pics are already posted so let me know!
Ex. Vajra Prahar

Dhs7.png

Dhsk.png

Dhsm.png

Dhss.png

Back
Top Bottom