What's new

Indian Special Forces

Capt. Pawan Kumar of 10 Para (SF) succumbs to his injuries during room intervention in EDI, Pampor, J&K. ( According to Kashmir Dispatch)

RIP brave soldier !

@Abingdonboy brother
the casualties of IA is killing me right now, just two days back we have lost two son of soil, right now a young cap of 10th para.Why this rate is so high 3 soldiers in a couple of days

Isn't the right time for the RRs and PARAs or CRPF deployed in valley should revisit there SOPs. What about introducing APCs in room/building intervention process.

@Abingdonboy brother
the casualties of IA is killing me right now, just two days back we have lost two son of soil, right now a young cap of 10th para.Why this rate is so high 3 soldiers in a couple of days

Isn't the right time for the RRs and PARAs or CRPF deployed in valley should revisit there SOPs. What about introducing APCs in room/building intervention process.
I was about to ask the gurus here something similar. What is causing these many casualties even among the most elite of our units? What is being done at the infantry level to prevent loss of life? Very pained seeing brave young men going away so frequently.

image.jpg

R.I.P. Capt. Pawan. He was just 23 !!

RIP Capt Pawan!!

I was mentioning in my last post only that in Kashmir only the PARA SF is called for any hostage or any kind of a threat which seems major and this happened.

As far as i am concerned the PARA SF has the best room intervention techniques of what i have seen in numerious videos of each SF/SU.

I do not think there is anything lacking in skill but what i think is that the equipment is either not available to all or they dont use it and they dont have a good helmet.This is the reason casualties happen.At the end of the day casualties happen in any unit that fights a war.You cannot stop them.

This is the building. There are no buildings nearby as cover. Rooftop abseiling also is difficult. The terrorists have clear field view and therefore no blind spots. So the room intervention is difficult for them. The army is now resorting to mortar attack. That's the best thing to do.

image.jpg

This is the building. There are no buildings nearby as cover. Rooftop abseiling also is difficult. The terrorists have clear field view and therefore no blind spots. So the room intervention is difficult for them. The army is now resorting to mortar attack. That's the best thing to do.

View attachment 294861
Should have used armoured vehicle or tanks
It was stupidity to take direct infantry action

Damn there is 3 casualty in PARA SF for this operation that's very high considering the fact that they are part of most of the complex operation in the past decade but didn't had such high casualty. I don't remember PARA guys taking such high casualty in the recent past .Not sure what went wrong but there should be a thorough analysis and course correction required if not we are gonna be at the receiving end in the future also

Damn there is 3 casualty in PARA SF for this operation that's very high considering the fact that they are part of most of the complex operation in the past decade but didn't had such high casualty. I don't remember PARA guys taking such high casualty in the recent past .Not sure what went wrong but there should be a thorough analysis and course correction required if not we are gonna be at the receiving end in the future also
Indeed . If you take example of last few encounters we had zero casualties.@Abingdonboy what you think of usING NSG instead who are better suited for such door to door operation? One good unit to station there only in case of such hostage situations. Not the search and cordon operations. I think if PARA had protective bullet proof shields, these casualties should have avoided.

Indeed . If you take example of last few encounters we had zero casualties.@Abingdonboy what you think of usING NSG instead who are better suited for such door to door operation? One good unit to station there only in case of such hostage situations. Not the search and cordon operations. I think if PARA had protective bullet proof shields, these casualties should have avoided.

But Somehow i am not convinced with PARA guys taking 3 casualty man ? As i said they need to thoroughly revisit what went wrong and do a course correction else this is gonna affect the image of this elite troops

How security forces neutralized the Pampore terrorists - Times of India
Encounter in J&K's Pampore ends, three terrorists killed: Army - Times of India

Back
Top Bottom