What's new

Indian tortoise slips into reverse and can't catch Chinese hare

The death is imminent :coffee:

Why your Chaddi is in twist Molvi ?

Care about Pakistani economy, One of your own think tank who is a student of economics just mentioned two days back that the Pakistani economy Titanic has already banged into the glacier, now just waiting to drown any time soon. I think you are talking about Pakistani economy joke here.

Pata ne kithon kithon uth ke aa jane ne predictions karn nu Indian economy te, pare likhey anpadh, Najoomi.

India the death is imminent

Indian borrowing rates are very high, and with the persistent inflation problem they cannot cut interest rates too low.

but since the current account deficit, investors are losing confidence in the indian currency.

the indian borrowing rates will continue to rise.

india is pretty much screwed, if they loosen monetary policy, inflation will get worse.
but if they raise interest rates to fight inflation, borrowing ability will be much harder.

things will get even worse when gdp growth starts to slow down causing fiscal revenues to slow and the government budget deficits will get even worse causing them to borrow even more. but with borrowing rates so high, indian government cannot afford these high interest payments.

the only solution is to cut the spending and reduce the budget deficit, but since the indian economy only grows because of its debt based consumer economy, if it cant spend beyond its means(by going into debt) then its gdp growth will slow dramatically.
this is the problem when you rely on deficit spending for gdp growth and being a debtor nation.

india is in deep trouble.

the US runs the same sort of ponzi scheme, but the US dollar is the reserve currency and thus have a global demand so inflation is not a problem as global investors hold dollars the federal reserves prints. global investors go to the dollar as a 'safe haven'.

but the indian rupee is not a reserve currency so it does not have that priviledge.
india has to run an economy the old fashion way.

only reserve currencies have more rope to hang themselves.

india must turn into a manufacturing powerhouse to reduce the current account deficit.
india must also balanced the budget and stop living beyond its means. if that means accepting a slower growth rate, then so be it.

Author C.Century

The Indian economy slowing down is a temporary phenomenon.The fundamentals are still very strong.A change in the government in 2014 and an improvement in the external environment will definitely put India back on track.

How strong are they?

India the death is imminent

Indian borrowing rates are very high, and with the persistent inflation problem they cannot cut interest rates too low.

but since the current account deficit, investors are losing confidence in the indian currency.

india is pretty much screwed, if they loosen monetary policy, inflation will get worse.
but if they raise interest rates to fight inflation, borrowing ability will be much harder.

things will get even worse when gdp growth starts to slow down causing fiscal revenues to slow and the government budget deficits will get even worse causing them to borrow even more. but with borrowing rates so high, indian government cannot afford these high interest payments.

the only solution is to cut the spending and reduce the budget deficit, but since the indian economy only grows because of its debt based consumer economy, if it cant spend beyond its means(by going into debt) then its gdp growth will slow dramatically.
this is the problem when you rely on deficit spending for gdp growth and being a debtor nation.

the US runs the same sort of ponzi scheme, but the US dollar is the reserve currency and thus have a global demand so inflation is not a problem as global investors hold dollars the federal reserves prints. global investors go to the dollar as a 'safe haven'.

but the indian rupee is not a reserve currency so it does not have that priviledge.

india must turn into a manufacturing powerhouse to reduce the current account deficit.
india must also balanced the budget and stop living beyond its means. if that means accepting a slower growth rate, then so be it.

Author C.Century

You mean chinese century ? The same ignoramus who keeps posting demented posts all the time ???:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Indian economy slowing down is a temporary phenomenon.The fundamentals are still very strong.A change in the government in 2014 and an improvement in the external environment will definitely put India back on track.

So the "Slow and Steady" slogan isn't valid anymore? :no:

BTW, "Extremely Slow and Not so Steady" slogon should be the new slogan now.:pop:

You mean chinese century ? The same ignoramus who keeps posting demented posts all the time ???:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm disappointed in you indocarib, I thought you were above these types of personal insults.
Counter my views, not throw personal insults.
You are better than this indocarib.
Please don't stoop to this level.

Thanks! :)

I'm disappointed in you indocarib, I thought you were above these types of personal insults.
Counter my views, not throw personal insults.
You are better than this indocarib.
Please don't stoop to this level.

Thanks! :)

Take a look at your post this 'layman 12345' posted again

"India the death is imminent

Author C.Century

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-cant-catch-chinese-hare-8.html#ixzz1wSMch3Eq

Take a look at your post this 'layman 12345' posted again

"India the death is imminent

Author C.Century

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-cant-catch-chinese-hare-8.html#ixzz1wSMch3Eq

What's wrong with that?

I explained why I thought India was in big trouble.
You need to stop getting so emotional with everything and not take it so personally.
Calm down, I was just trying to give my point of view.

If I see the Chinese economy doing poor things, I will call it the way I see it.

The fact is the Indian fundamentals are very poor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom