What's new

Indian trial of Felani’s killers: Political gimmick to save AL

But hope you know that killing is not a solution. Can you say that Indians don't cross the Bangladesh border illigely? Everyone is diminishing the rule. But BGB doesn't fire on anybody as BSF does. Try to be meticulous. Be positive. We are human not dogs.:laughcry:

A court of Border Security Force (BSF) in India has acquitted BSF Jawan Amiyo Ghosh from much-talked-about Felanimurder case.

The BSF court pronounced verdict in the case declaring Amiya Gosh innocent.

Felani, a 15-year-old girl, was shot dead on Kurigram border by BSF personnel when shegot entangled in barbed-wire fences on the frontier on January 7 in 2011.

Do you think that this judgement is fare? NEVER ....!! Just never ever...!! It's sure India has to suffer for their boarder killings ...!! BANGLADESHIs are not coward ...!! We will reply you back everything in our turns. Just wait for that. You should say sorry for this and no argument will be treated on this issue, I think....!!:triniti:

He's Bengali but not Bangladeshi and belongs to those worst people of the world without humanity.

Do not try to sneak and pole vault into India and try to incite religious violence in India's north east then.

Indian just thinks that we Bangladeshis are faggots. But keep in mind that one day you'll get the proper answer from the new generation when no AL, BNP's existance will be assured in BD. India will suffer a lot for their boarder killings and other ******* BD threatening stuffs ....!!

Indian just thinks that we Bangladeshis are faggots. But keep in mind that one day you'll get the proper answer from the new generation when no AL, BNP's existance will be assured in BD. India will suffer a lot for their boarder killings and other ******* BD threatening stuffs ....!!

no you bangladeshis will always be indias lap dogs or else it's amor glass sheet bongla :lol:

Dn't try to show ur blue blood. Time can be changed friquently.

Funny.somehow always I see someone from across the boarder is accusing Be ppl for poll vaulting to India and its always someone from Indian side where so called bangalis live.they are usually the descendent s of BD poll vaulters who wants to deny their own BD background:omghaha:
On topic - did anybody remotely thought otherwise?:what:

It's a natural course that we will pay back in style. India could remain our strongest ally and friend but its choose to bully us. BAL will not remain in power for eternity and BD will not be weak militarily and economically in future.

BSF court acquits soldier of Felani murder charge

Staff Correspondent

A special court of India’s Border Security Force has acquitted its soldier of the charge of killing on January 7, 2011 the teenage Bangladeshi girl Felani Khatun in the Kurigram borders, Indian and international media reported on Friday.

The General Security Forces Court of the Border Security Force in Pashchim Banga of India on Thursday said that BSF constable Amiya Ghosh was not guilty of shooting the 15-year-old Bangladeshi girl as she crossed into Bangladesh from the Indian side in January 2011, the Associated Press reported from Kolkata, the capital of Pashchim Banga.

The Indian border guards are reporte d to have shot dead Felani when she was crossing the border into Bangladesh over barbed-wire fences at Anantapur of Phulbari in Kurigram on January 7, 2011. The incident and a photograph of Felani being stuck shot dead in the barbed-wire fence caused local and international outcry. She was one of 214 Bangladeshis killed in the borders between January 2009 and June 2013 after the Awami League-led government had assumed office.

About two years and eight months after the incident, the General Security Forces Court, which is equivalent to a military court martial, on August 13 2013 began the trial at the 181 BSF Battalion headquarters in Koch Bihar amid restrictions after an investigation of the killing.The trial continued till Thursday when the court acquitted Amiya Ghosh, the only accused in the case, saying that he was ‘innocent.’

The accused BSF soldier was released immediately after the verdict, the BBC Bangla reported.
Indian border guard authorities, however, did not disclose anything officially in this regard.
The General Security Forces Court recorded the deposition of Felani’s father Nurul Islam and her uncle Hanif Ali as witnesses in the case on August 19. In his reaction to the verdict, Felani’s father told New Age, ‘I am really disappointed at the verdict.… I will seek justice from international court.’

He, however, said, ‘If the accused has not killed my daughter, then who has killed her?’
‘I narrated the whole incident to the court — how my daughter was shot dead from a close distance even after our humble request to the BSF guards,’ he said.

A senior Border Guard Bangladesh officer told New Age, ‘After coming to know of the matter from the media, we approached our BSF counterparts and requested them to give us details of the verdict.’ ‘They have yet to respond to our request,’ the official said on Friday evening.

The BGB director general, Major General Aziz Ahmed, told New Age, ‘If the verdict as we have come to know from media is true, then this is really a matter of disappointment for us.’

BSF officials said that the full text of the verdict, delivered on Thursday, would be sent to the BSF chief for the final discharge letter.

Ain o Salish Kendra director Nur Khan Liton is much critical of the whole trial procedure held in the BSF battalion. ‘We were in dark about what exactly was happening in the name of trial.’
‘The fact is that Felani was shot dead at zero point by the BSF soldier and the BSF authorities were trying its guard without disclosing how they were ensuring transparency in whole trial procedure,’ Nur Khan said on Friday. ‘As a result, we have received this verdict.’

The Jatiyatabadi Muktijuddher Prajanma president, Shama Obaed, one of the campaigners demanding justice for Felani’s killing, earlier sent a letter to the Indian high commission in Dhaka seeking permission to witness the trial in the BSF establishment in Koch Bihar.Shama told New Age on Friday that the Indian officials in Dhaka had informed her two days ago that she would not be allowed to witness the trial as the BSF was not willing.

After the investigation, the charge sheet was submitted against the BSF constable Amiya Ghosh
under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code and relevant sections of the laws governing the Indian border guards, according to media reports.

BSF court acquits soldier of Felani murder charge

Felani's father, who not only crossed the international border illegally many times, but also put his underage girl at grave risk by making her climb an international barbed wire fence at night, was not even charged by BD govt, instead he was given ''compensation''!!!

This is how much Bangladeshis really care about felani. They just want to milk her dead body with nice propaganda value pictures to spread their hatred. When they have not even charged but rewarded criminal parties involved from their side, I'm surprised at their hypocrisy expecting Indians to punish our security men who were only doing their duty.

Brutal Murder of Felani at Border
Indian court acquits accused BSF soldier

Victim's father rejects verdict, wants govt to take the matter to int'l court; no official word yet from BSF

Staff Correspondent

Felani1A special court in the Indian state of West Bengal has acquitted a Border Security Force (BSF) constable of murdering Felani Khatun on the border in January 2011.The court said Amiya Ghosh was not guilty of shooting the Bangladeshi girl when she crossed the barbed-wire fence into Bangladesh from India, sources told our New Delhi correspondent yesterday.

Felani’s father Nurul Islam rejected the verdict and said that he would appeal to the government to take the matter to the international court. He, however, said he learnt about the acquittal from the media and was yet to know it officially.
Details as to why the border guard was absolved were not available in the absence of an official word from the BSF of India.
On returning from Delhi and on her way home, Felani, 15, was crossing the border illegally and was shot as her clothes got stuck in the barbed-wire fence on January 7, 2011.

The photo of her body hanging at the top of the fence triggered a huge outcry around the globe.However, this was the first time a BSF jawan had been put on trial for such a killing.A five-man BSF General Security Forces court headed by its Assam-Meghalaya frontier DIG (Communication) SP Trivedi conducted the hearings at Sonari BSF camp near Cooch Behar from August 13.

BSF sources said the proceedings of the court have been forwarded for final approval of the director general because the case has been seen as “extra sensitive”.Felani’s father Nurul Islam and relatives testified in the court.
“We waited for the last two and a half years for justice, but the verdict which we have come to know is unacceptable. It is extremely shocking,” Nurul told The Daily Star over the phone yesterday.

“My innocent daughter was killed very cruelly when I was taking her home for marriage. Will it be justice if one gets acquittal even after killing a person? In no way we can accept it.”He added, “I would appeal to my government to take the matter to international court so that we get justice. Otherwise, my daughter’s soul will not rest in peace.”Lawyer of the case of Bangladesh side, Kurigram Public Prosecutor advocate Abraham Lincoln said he was yet to officially know the verdict.
“But if I take the media reports about acquittal of the accused as true, then I would say a murder has been approved through the verdict,” he said, adding that this may encourage such border killing.

He said there is still a scope to get justice as the judgment is subject to approval from the higher authority.
The acquittal of Amiya Ghosh also sparked sharp protests in the social media.Contacted, Border Guard Bangladesh Director General Maj Gen Aziz Ahmed said, “We have communicated with them [BSF], but we have not been informed about the matter officially.”

BBC Bangla Service reports: Indian rights organisation MASUM said justice was not served in the Felani murder trial, rather it was an injustice in the name of trial.Kirity Ray, chief of the organisation, said the image of India has been tarnished by the verdict. The fundamental spirit of the Indian constitution has also been defamed. MASUM was mulling to file a lawsuit with the Indian High Court or Supreme Court challenging the verdict. “The verdict needs to be challenged so that Felani’s family members get justice,” noted the rights activist.

Brutal Murder of Felani at Border - Indian court acquits accused BSF soldier - Victim's father rejects verdict, wants govt to take the matter to int'l court; no official word yet from BSF

Brutal Murder of Felani at Border
Indian court acquits accused BSF soldier

Victim's father rejects verdict, wants govt to take the matter to int'l court

And Awami League is all quite for protection of BSF and on murderous indian acts.

Back
Top Bottom