What's new

India's cultural aggression (Hindi & Bengali serial) - RTV report (Bengali)

Indians hijacked another thread to cover up their aggression. Since MOD does not have time or dont care this has been going on. I same things should be justified on indian threads. Making sure bring the example of this thread.

LOL Pak channels would mean they would show Star Plus and Sony anyways, that they are illegally showing in Pakistan. Most Pakistani channels are pretty much running Indian content anyways, so might as well take it straight from us :P

Yes Indeed...!!! Some TV Channels have gone senseless in the past few months showing or in other words imposing Indian Content on us....I guarantee you apart from movies no Indian content is now really popular in Pakistan...Tv Channels are taking Indian content (at very cheap rates) from Indian Television Channels and then showing it to fill their own motives of making money...A good Pakistani program will cost them in crores so they are doing soem cheap tactics...Not only India much of content nowadays is coming from Turkey...I guess the same trend will not gonna work in the next 2 to 3 years.

Hanif Sanket describes recently the destructive sides of Indian serial by showing a small drama. He has shown that these serials are creating family tension, encouraging people to break family bonding, extra marriage affair, play tricks, showing disrespect to the elderly people, play dirty politics inside family.

He raised a question is it really worth to watch such alien culture which has no positive side???

Watch it in Bengali!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I could not understand the first post but followed the thread to understand the OP's angst.

I have the following queries
- The Indian media is not "forcing" you to watch their stuff its a voluntary action to buy/watch/assimilate cultures/traditions
- If "foreign culture" is your angst. Facebook, Google, English are all foreign
- Most "islamic" countries consider any non-islamic culture as "invasion". While that may be true in Arab areas, most other "islamic" countries have their own culture which closely matches their neighboring non-islamic areas than the "Arabic" culture.

Lastly -
- Cultural changes are personal. You should not "ban" the channels/films because you dont want people to see it. because people are free to choose what they want to see.

I could not understand the first post but followed the thread to understand the OP's angst.

I have the following queries
- The Indian media is not "forcing" you to watch their stuff its a voluntary action to buy/watch/assimilate cultures/traditions
- If "foreign culture" is your angst. Facebook, Google, English are all foreign
- Most "islamic" countries consider any non-islamic culture as "invasion". While that may be true in Arab areas, most other "islamic" countries have their own culture which closely matches their neighboring non-islamic areas than the "Arabic" culture.

Lastly -
- Cultural changes are personal. You should not "ban" the channels/films because you dont want people to see it. because people are free to choose what they want to see.

This is an awareness campaign. Bangladeshi media was not that strong in 1990s when this Indian cultural aggression begins. But now Bangladesh has a strong media and has plenty of channels. It has the capability to keep people stay tuned to the programs which they airs. But only due to the glittering in different hindi serials females are still watching it. Hope fully this trend will reverse soon the way hindi cassette and CDs has been wiped out from cars thanks to the different bengali radio channel. This thing will happen to the TV soon also.

The other main reason of anger is that Bangladesh allows all Indian channel to air here but India blocks it artificially to air it in India.

But Bangladeshi serials has some prob too. They insert too many advertisement in between and some time news started in between only within a 30-40 minute drama serial. This trend should be reversed. People dnt want to loose their time like this way.

THE problem is BD actors/actress are not pleasant to see as like the Indians.

Their dress, gorgeousness, makeup, style, decoration, big budget, ornaments, and fitness make them more attractive to our lady audience. But we should not be fooled by seeing the glittering of their drama at the cost of our own cultural values.

THE problem is BD actors/actress are not pleasant to see as like the Indians.

Their dress, gorgeousness, makeup, style, decoration, big budget, ornaments, and fitness make them more attractive to our lady audience. But we should not be fooled by seeing the glittering of their drama at the cost of our own cultural values.
its not true.... those who watch bollywood also watch local natok.. :)
I watch more hollywood than bolly..... dont understand how it can affect my culture...

its not true.... those who watch bollywood also watch local natok.. :)
I watch more hollywood than bolly..... dont understand how it can affect my culture...

seems you never know the changes in your society and Bollywood movies

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/238917-indian-movies-cheap-copy-hollywood.html

Plus, our cultural value conflicts more with yours than yours with the western's due to different religious view. Religion is a factor here to accept other cultures :)

This is bound to happen. You can take Pakistan and Bangladesh out of India but you can't take India out of these countries.

Each Indian state has their own culture like Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Plus these people are who are crying foul about Indian films are the first ones to line up for tickets here in UK. This new Sharukh khan film (waste of 3 hours) I went to see and believe me there were more Pakistanis than Indians.

Back
Top Bottom