What's new

India's GDP crossed $8 trillion.

Anything that floats your boat :lol:

Like cooking up your GDP and FDI numbers??? No, lying doesn't float my boat. It floats the Indian system based on lying, and making stuff up. Go pray to Bill Clinton every day. I saw pictures of people worshiping Modi, when in reality, they should be worshiping Bill. C, for putting billions into India on an illusion that the Indians will fight the Chinese with the Americans. Our people still haven't figured it out yet and we are continuing to give "ALL" to India. Only to hear a big no to fighting the Chinese, when the time comes!!!

Like cooking up your GDP and FDI numbers??? No, lying doesn't float my boat. It floats the Indian system based on lying, and making stuff up. Go pray to Bill Clinton every day. I saw pictures of people worshiping Modi, when in reality, they should be worshiping Bill. C, for putting billions into India on an illusion that the Indians will fight the Chinese with the Americans. Our people still haven't figured it out yet and we are continuing to give "ALL" to India. Only to hear a big no to fighting the Chinese, when the time comes!!!

Easy mate ; you will Pop a vein

BTW Bangladesh has a HIGHER Nation Brand Value than Pakistan

Bangladesh is at 47 and Pakistan is at 54

http://brandfinance.com/images/upload/brand_finance_nation_brands_2015.pdf

About PPP,Chinese gov is not that honest,I can only say that

How so? The urban bias of ICP 2005 was corrected in ICP 2011, thats why China's 2005 PPP increased by 27% using the 2011 method.

Besides ICP does the data collection, analysis and number crunching. China physically did not allow the collection of such data from rural areas in 2005, but this was changed in 2011 or at least taken into account for.

India's buying power depends on dollar, but the welfare of people is not. US GDP (Nominal) per capita is $50000 while India's is $ 2000, but they are not comparable. $ 2000 in India buys you 5 times what you can buy in US. Hence PPP is a better measure to compare economies than nominal, as PPP takes the purchasing power of the currency into effect.
You are right and I am not comparing nominal vs PPP.
PPP is more about the economic welfare of a country as it compares the basket of goods someone can buy in a country as compared to some other country which is good if a country is self sustained in everything which is not possible for any country, hence every country depends on foreign trade for some of their needs where nominal GDP comes into play.

You are right and I am not comparing nominal vs PPP.
PPP is more about the economic welfare of a country as it compares the basket of goods someone can buy in a country as compared to some other country which is good if a country is self sustained in everything which is not possible for any country, hence every country depends on foreign trade for some of their needs where nominal GDP comes into play.

Yes...for example oil...Oil is brought in dollars, but consumed by paying in rupees. But, IMO, this is not the short coming of PPP. The short coming is coming up with a unique consumption basket to compare taking into account the consumption preferences of people from different countries.

Easy mate ; you will Pop a vein

BTW Bangladesh has a HIGHER Nation Brand Value than Pakistan

Bangladesh is at 47 and Pakistan is at 54

http://brandfinance.com/images/upload/brand_finance_nation_brands_2015.pdf

Diverting the topic because you got no factual answer to thins I outlined about India with respect to your post....???? Out of "desperation"..now you are bringing in Bangladesh who has nothing to do with the topic in hand?? You people from India are just simply propagandists!! No substance or command over the topic, just showing a fake, rich colorful India where 600 million people have no access to bathrooms!!!! Next time, respond to what I was asking for, not take the topic to lala land. Qatar has the highest GDP due to little population and having so much oil money.....should I try to use that here?? NO!, no relevance to the topic being discussed.

Yes...for example oil...Oil is brought in dollars, but consumed by paying in rupees. But, IMO, this is not the short coming of PPP. The short coming is coming up with a unique consumption basket to compare taking into account the consumption preferences of people from different countries.
Exactly and while it is not possible to have same set consumption basket for every country the import by any country depends on its domestic demand which is then fulfilled by any country's ability to trade and pay its debt and that's why the nominal GDP too becomes important .

Exactly and while it is not possible to have same set consumption basket for every country the import by any country depends on its domestic demand which is then fulfilled by any country's ability to trade and pay its debt and that's why the nominal GDP too becomes important .

The problem with nominal GDP is it totally ignores consumption side of the equation. GDP PPP has its disadvantages so does GDP nominal. But, IMO, for all its disadvantages, GDP PPP is a superior measure of economic activity, market size and people's welfare.

You don't know lot of things...this is one. I guess you, after seeing so many of your posts, is always confused between Nominal and PPP

As even your fellow Indians said, Nominal GDP is better for comparing "economic power" between nations. Whereas PPP is used for per capita indicator in order to determine living standards.

But you're so boastful that you're willing to claim that China is number 1 just so that you can claim to be number 3. :lol:

Like the guy in your avatar said, India was a superpower in 2012 already. :D

LOL yes, "according to PPP".

But we are not the number 1 economy in the world, not by quite a large margin.

I agree with you,real thing is Per capita income.The day we reach PCI levels of the West,that will be the day when India will truly be developed & no Indian will go to sleep hungry ever again :agree:

As even your fellow Indians said, Nominal GDP is better for comparing "economic power" between nations. Whereas PPP is used for per capita indicator in order to determine living standards.

But you're so boastful that you're willing to claim that China is number 1 just so that you can claim to be number 3. :lol:

Like the guy in your avatar said, India was a superpower in 2012 already. :D

I should put this way...you Chinese would like to see India at 7th position even if it mean you are behind US.

When did Kalam say that? He put forth a "vision" for 2020 IIRC....the man didnt have one arrogant bone in his body unlike you.

There is nothing wrong in dreaming to be Superpower. Kalam was right in saying so. Unless you dream, you cannot achieve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom