What's new

India's growth rate drops to slowest in two years

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, Indians are too busy starting China-bashing threads. :lol:

While the Indians continue to "predict" the demise of the Chinese economy, India's own growth rate keeps collapsing, and their double-digit inflation continues unabated.

Instead of being positively focused on their own economy, they are negatively focused on the Chinese economy, which explains why their social indicators have been dropping below Sub-Saharan Africa.

Its high time you grew a brain...your posts are smack immature, like if an Indian predicting Chinese collapse on internet or vice versa will effect reality or alter country's social indicators!! ..

Besides its is a Global recession ..Every country's growth is slowing down including yours ..and what double digit inflation ..as far as I know 9% is still single digit.

Its high time you grew a brain...your posts are smack immature, like if an Indian predicting Chinese collapse on internet or vice versa will effect reality or alter country's social indicators!! ..

Besides its is a Global recession ..Every country's growth is slowing down including yours ..and what double digit inflation ..as far as I know 9% is still single digit.

BBC News - Indian inflation stays higher than expected at 9.73%

Now remember basic rounding, is 9.73 closer to 9 or to 10?

If it makes you feel better, I will say "near double-digit inflation" so you can save 0.27%.

they said Japan was going to be a economic superpower because of its racehorse economy some 30 to 40 years ago and now look,my point is that what economies are like today will not stay the same over a period of time. the Indian economy is just hit a slump and it will definitely recover to grow

While the Indians continue to "predict" the demise of the Chinese economy, India's own growth rate keeps collapsing, and their double-digit inflation continues unabated.

Instead of being positively focused on their own economy, they are negatively focused on the Chinese economy, which explains why their social indicators have been dropping below Sub-Saharan Africa.

I think that the increased Indian assertiveness is working just fine. Not only are the official Chinese media wringing their hands about it, it also seems to have driven Chinese posters here to get their panties in a bunch. Explains the increasingly juvenile responses by them. Being shown the door by even allies" like Burma while having to deal with the knowledge that Chinese actions have almost made the U.S. more popular than it has ever been in Asia seems to have Chinese posters here suffer a case of fits thus accounting for all the froth in their mouths . The realisation that the Chinese lordship of Asia isn't about to happen as easily thought seems to be hard on their testicles.

I think that the increased Indian assertiveness is working just fine. Not only are the official Chinese media wringing their hands about it, it also seems to have driven Chinese posters here to get their panties in a bunch. Explains the increasingly juvenile responses by them. Being shown the door by even allies" like Burma while having to deal with the knowledge that Chinese actions have almost made the U.S. more popular than it has ever been in Asia seems to have Chinese posters here suffer a case of fits thus accounting for all the froth in their mouths . The realisation that the Chinese lordship of Asia isn't about to happen as easily thought seems to be hard on their testicles.

Official State Media = CPC. And the PLA is the military arm of the CPC.

So I for one am very happy that they have turned their attention back to India. :azn:

Well, the thread is started by a Chinese member to laugh at India's slow growth and you a Chinese have taken the time to post all the links to news about Indian economy. Then you lecture us about focusing on our economy. How silly is that?

It is very important to undrstand the reasons for the drop in Q2 growth.

the drop has been led by manufacturing and mining (-negative)
Global recesssion has played a part which has led to drying up of cash and investment

Domestic investment is tight because of liquidity crunch as RBI has raised interest rates to cool down infaltion
Why has inflation risen so much ?
Apart from population growth and rise in raw materials the lack of investment in agriculture and supply chain has meant that food wastage continues to be at 30%
It needs policy change on supply chain (e.g. FDI in retail to cut down middle men and build good storage needwork), sustained investment in agriculture on effective water use etc etc and good incentive to farmers..
Unfortunately Manmohan is too weak to implenment reforms in the face of sustained political opposition
Remember, in 1990s.. Manmohan was just implementer of reforms.. the political force was that of PV Narsimha Rao who, though corrupt, had the strength to bulldoze opposition

Manufacturing is suffering because apart from liquidity crunch for investment it is jittery on land and there is a lot of land acquistion problems.. The Land bill is not coming this Winter session So expect manufacturing to be low
I see that a major reason for fall in GDP has been the complete absence of policiy planning for reform..
It takes time for the market to absorb the reform and return to high GDP growth

I see failure frm a weak Prime Minister and a silent Sonia

Global recesssion has played a part which has led to drying up of cash and investment

Domestic investment is tight because of liquidity crunch as RBI has raised interest rates to cool down infaltion
Apart from population growth and rise in raw materials the lack of investment in agriculture and supply chain has meant that food wastage continues to be at 30%
It needs policy change on supply chain (e.g. FDI in retail to cut down middle men and build good storage needwork), sustained investment in agriculture on effective water use etc etc and good incentive to farmers..
Unfortunately Manmohan is too weak to implenment reforms in the face of sustained political opposition
Remember, in 1990s.. Manmohan was just implementer of reforms.. the political force was that of PV Narsimha Rao who, though corrupt, had the strength to bulldoze opposition

Manufacturing is suffering because apart from liquidity crunch for investment it is jittery on land and there is a lot of land acquistion problems.. The Land bill is not coming this Winter session So expect manufacturing to be low
I see that a major reason for fall in GDP has been the complete absence of policiy planning for reform..

Good point. Blaming the global problem for India is escaping the responsibility of bad policy. Food wastage would continue without sound logistic infrastructure (roads, etc.), and infrastructure investments need policy support, which the Indian government has not given. There is little the government in the short term, so I expect the Indian GDP growth to continue to fall, and the country experiences a hard landing. In the long term, if India elects a strong government that actually does its work and implement correct policy, India would still be a buy. But that's a big if.

Manufacturing growth slowed to 2% last Q but manufacturing only accounts for 20% of GDP. There has to be something else wrong.

Manufacturing growth slowed to 2% last Q but manufacturing only accounts for 20% of GDP. There has to be something else wrong.

Very true..

Manufacturing infact accounts for 18%
But there are also services which act as anciliary to manufacturing
And Serviuces contribute a huge lot roughly 66% in GDP.. I have not checked the figures

I thnik the logic is pretty staight forward but I did not haver the time to check the whole report because of my work schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom