What's new

India's Mars mission to begin its 10-month journey on October 28

you're asking same type of questions few decades ago many fools asked,"Why India should invest in Space Research at all??"every scientific research has its advantage and own way to payoff.you just failed to understand what good "Chandrayaan" or "Mangalyaan" would make,just like those fools few decades ago who didn't understand what good space science would make.can we deny the role of space science in our daily life???you know better than me that in how many ways it paid off..

Please understand that, I am not against space science or space program ! I already mentioned in my earlier post that, it's better to concentrate on some productive missions rather going for Mars mission !

ISRO is desperate to show it to the world that, they are capable ! When you are capable enough, why prove that to whole world again by blowing the trumpet ? Like it or not, ISRO is trying to compete with NASA and other space agencies.

NASA or any other european agencies can do such things because they have huge Money ! Do we have such luxury in India ?

My main concern here is Money ! 450 Crores is not a small amount ! I also have a share in that money ! (I pay the taxes promptly).

If ISRO would launch some defence satellite or some remote sensing satellite, I would be the happiest person and would cheer for ISRO but not the stuff like Mars mission...

The only foolish part on your side is, you would not accept the current reality !

I am sure, you will have some more gyan to counter my questions or arguments... But I am done here. I asserted what I had to.

as @Lightningbolt said and I have mentioned this numerous times and some with quotes that the first nation to discover water on the lunar surface is Soviet union

indians are claiming credits when they dont deserve!

Soviet find of water on the Moon in the 1970s ignored by the West

Putting men in space marks how advanced a nation is in terms of space technology

cheerleading indians are incapable of doing that

Ignored .... :lol:

Go write your own history as Chinese always do ...... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
No need feel proud on this so called Mars Mission !

Why should we waste Indian money on Mars mission ? At least for next couple of centuries or more, moving to Mars (Human settlement) will be a dream only aspect !

Did anyone think, who's money is on stake ?

What we would gain just simply identifying life or methane on Mars except fame ? Does this mission serve any productive purpose at all ?

Instead of Moon, Mars, ISRO should concentrate on placing more satellites in the orbit, which would help Indian civilians and defense forces.

India launches satellites for civilian and defense purposes every year. We are even launching sat nav really soon. So should we just restrict our selves to that or go ahead and have a look at mars? NASA has gone even beyond solar system. Launched satellites to the moon, mars, jupiter, impact mission to comets, landing rovers on mars, landing man on moon. Their plan was to make first permanent human base on Moon by 2025 and land man on mars by 2030. But Obama put a hold on them citing cost as a reason. We should pick up where they left. Moon is just 400,000 km from earth not that far at all. And we discovered water on moon as well. WE should take advantage of it and make the first permanent human settlement on moon. It would be India's gift to the human kind by making humans inter galactic species. But I fear that will happen. China is concentrating more on space station and moon right now. I think they will beat us in making the first permanent human base on Moon.

India launches satellites for civilian and defense purposes every year. We are even launching sat nav really soon. So should we just restrict our selves to that or go ahead and have a look at mars? NASA has gone even beyond solar system. Launched satellites to the moon, mars, jupiter, impact mission to comets, landing rovers on mars, landing man on moon. Their plan was to make first permanent human base on Moon by 2025 and land man on mars by 2030. But Obama put a hold on them citing cost as a reason. We should pick up where they left. Moon is just 400,000 km from earth not that far at all. And we discovered water on moon as well. WE should take advantage of it and make the first permanent human settlement on moon. It would be India's gift to the human kind by making humans inter galactic species. But I fear that will happen. China is concentrating more on space station and moon right now. I think they will beat us in making the first permanent human base on Moon.

Do we have extra $$$ to fund this mission ?

Let China build a space station and burn their money, Let china occupy whole MARS and be proud of their achievement. what diff does it that make to us ?

Think practically ! Mars Mission is nothing but a suicidal mission wherein we are only destroying our own money.

Do we have extra $$$ to fund this mission ?

Let China build a space station and burn their money, Let china occupy whole MARS and be proud of their achievement. what diff does it that make to us ?

Think practically ! Mars Mission is nothing but a suicidal mission wherein we are only destroying our own money.

Yes we do. I would rather have money spent on ISRO then being gulped by our politicians. Mars mission is not a suicide mission. Think of the past. When Europeans were going out to other part of world North America, South America, Australia where as we Indians were happy in our bubble and never went out. We didn't make any technology back then which we would have needed for exploration. Now in future if NASA/China goes to Mars first makes their base and in about 100 years is able to terraform it and kids born to Americans will be the first martians ever. We Indians will be lining up just like right now in front of US/China embassies in a hope to go to Mars since they will be the ones controlling and calling shots?

Yes we do. I would rather have money spent on ISRO then being gulped by our politicians.

I agree on this !

Mars mission is not a suicide mission.

Yes it is, at present. You already know, why ?

Think of the past. When Europeans were going out to other part of world North America, South America, Australia where as we Indians were happy in our bubble and never went out. We didn't make any technology back then which we would have needed for exploration. Now in future if NASA/China goes to Mars first makes their base and in about 100 years is able to terraform it and kids born to Americans will be the first martians ever. We Indians will be lining up just like right now in front of US/China embassies in a hope to go to Mars since they will be the ones controlling and calling shots?

You are over ambitious and speculating too much :)

I agree on this !

Yes it is, at present. You already know, why ?

You are over ambitious and speculating too much :)

It does not hurt to dream :P I wish I could like 100-200 years more to see what lies in future. But I like what ISRO is doing. WE have put manned mission on back burner but we can still send satellites and rovers to moon/mars. Develop the technology to get there and when we are ready we can do the boots on moon and mars as well. I wish NASA/China/India could work on space missions together instead of going at it separately. It took them almost 3 decades to make International space station. I do not know how much time it would take us to do that considering we don't have the capability to put man in space yet.

@shuttler

Look,Soviets stated that they had found .1% of the sample mass tested was made by water..no denying on the fact.but whole world chose to ignore it.I'm not a rocket scientist,But I know many facts you don't know..lets discuss this...

First there was the pioneering Clementine mission in 1994, America’s first return to the moon in twenty years.

Clementine looked for water by bouncing radio waves off the surface–the returns giving a strong indication that water ice must lie beneath the surface.

Then there was the Lunar Prospector which found a signature for water by measuring the amount of neutrons emitted from the surface and which water ought to absorb).

Then there was Galileo’s flyby of the moon on its way to Jupiter, which also found evidence and more recently, the Indian spacecraft Chandrayaan-I in 2009 which used an infrared camera to spot evidence of water in lunar rocks.

also,The American Apollo landings had brought back moon rocks, but the samples were thought to have been contaminated with water from Earth.

all of them "Suggested" that Moon has water..only Chandrayaan Mission undoubtedly proved it..I'm not clinching the reward for India or USA itself..neither this discovery is for Indians only,nor Americans,but for whole world's.but lets not deny the fact that its Chandrayaan Mission whose result was accepted by whole world,not Russia's Luna Mission's,or USA's Apollo mission's.most probably the reason is "Distrust" towards the Russians.

what did these fogging liars and clowns say:

the first-ever evidence of water on the moon made worldwide news.

Celebrating India's moon moment

India's proud space agency, ISRO, went on record on Friday to share that not only have they found water on the moon, but they found it first. A full three months ahead of NASA, to be exact.
Did India beat NASA to find water on moon? | NDTV.com

One Big Step For India, A Giant Leap for Mankind,
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2009-09-25/india/28089827_1_chandrayaan-1-carle-pieters-moon-mineralogy-mapper

India's Chandrayaan first to find water on Moon.

Ignored .... :lol:

Go write your own history as Chinese always do ...... :lol:

Chill out TROLL!

Last edited by a moderator:
what did these fogging liars and clowns say:

India's proud space agency, ISRO, went on record on Friday to share that not only have they found water on the moon, but they found it first. A full three months ahead of NASA, to be exact.
Did India beat NASA to find water on moon? | NDTV.com

One Big Step For India, A Giant Leap for Mankind,

India's Chandrayaan first to find water on Moon.

[/COLOR][/B]

Chill out TROLL!

According to the reports it is confirmed that the lunar spectrometer on board Chandrayaan 1 found the water.

"Unlike previous lunar spectrometers, it was sensitive enough to detect the presence of small amounts of water."

Unlike Chinese who do some circus in space for the sake of making chinese happy, ISRO mean business.

Now stop trolling ISRO related thread and find a half baked pic of Chinese pirated war toy and be happy about it.

According to the reports it is confirmed that the lunar spectrometer on board Chandrayaan 1 found the water.

"Unlike previous lunar spectrometers, it was sensitive enough to detect the presence of small amounts of water."

Unlike Chinese who do some circus in space for the sake of making chinese happy, ISRO mean business.

Now stop trolling ISRO related thread and find a half baked pic of Chinese pirated war toy and be happy about it.

It only confirms your status as a mega troll! GET LOST!

apart from the above link to physorg

Soviets Found Water on the Moon in 1976
MIT Technology Review, MIT Technology Review

RealClearScience - Soviets Found Water on the Moon in 1976

It only confirms your status as a mega troll! GET LOST!

apart from the above link to physorg

Soviets Found Water on the Moon in 1976
MIT Technology Review, MIT Technology Review

RealClearScience - Soviets Found Water on the Moon in 1976

Ignored by West???

is this comedy report or what?

do west have the authority to confirm anything about Soviet Russia......:lol:, the super power of Yesteryear.

The fact is the spectrometers at that time i.e. in 1970's were not that advanced to confirm the presence of water on the moon.

So credit goes to Chandrayaan 1 and NASA's lunar spectrometer on board.

the argument is like Chinese claiming all the SCS since some old chinese folks saw some rocks in SCS ......:lol:

nasa is going to provide you with their services for your mars mission
dont act in denial modes all the time as if the rest of the world dont know about it

Can you elaborate more about what services NAS is going to provide to ISRO ?

I will tell you ....it will let use its tracking stations required for deep space navigation ....

You really make fool of yourself by making such senseless assertions ....

all countries share tracking stations services routine including china !!!

Ignored by West???

is this comedy report or what?

do west have the authority to confirm anything about Soviet Russia......:lol:, the super power of Yesteryear.

The fact is the spectrometers at that time i.e. in 1970's were not that advanced to confirm the presence of water on the moon.

So credit goes to Chandrayaan 1 and NASA's lunar spectrometer on board.

the argument is like Chinese claiming all the SCS since some old chinese folks saw some rocks in SCS ......:lol:

You are incurably pathetic!

indians aint even acknowledge the previous findings, never!

How shameful and shameless are they!?!

The sources that I have quoted are of very good reputation, internationally!

So far India had only made an announcement. Until the space craft reaches the mars and be able to settle into its orbit, nothing had happened.

You have to admit it's not just announcement ....they have spacecraft and rocket launcher which is almost ready for the mission ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom