What's new

India's nukes are "ground zero" for jihadists: Canadian media

Zee-Gen

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Even as Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh resolved to deepen bilateral ties, the Canadian media says a nuclear deal could be risky because of terrorist threats to India's sites. They cite the recent alert at India's nuclear facilities as a warning to the Canadian government that is keen to clinch the deal.

In their reports, the Canadian journalists, who even spell the name of one of the most known faces of the 20th century as Ghandi (for Mahatma Gandhi), have also raked up the past - that India cannot be trusted because it appropriated their nuclear technology to make nuclear bombs.

Before embarking on this assignment, perhaps these journalists were briefed by biased Canadian bureaucrats for whom "terrorist violence, such as bombings in public areas and on public transportation, occurs throughout India....attacks can take place anywhere and at any time in India..."

Opposing the proposed civil nuclear deal between the two countries, John Ibbitson of the Globe and Mail, who is perhaps visiting India for the first time, says: "But India's nuclear facilities have been placed on high alert, as evidence emerges that two men, one of them Canadian, might have scouted sites for the terrorist attack on Mumbai last year..."

Carrying his ridiculous argument further, he writes: "Does Canada really want to help sell nuclear technology to a country that is the midst of such a volatile region, a country that in the 1970s appropriated our first foray into building Indian nuclear reactors to help fashion nuclear weapons, a country whose nuclear reactors would be an ideal ground zero for jihadists?"

Writing in the left-wing Toronto Star, Rick Westhead says: "For Harper, the visit may have to do less with new trade deals or warmed relations than with building ties to Indo-Canadian voters before the next election.

"So rather than strategizing on new bilateral investment with India's Ambani brothers, the prime minister will travel to the Golden Temple in Amritsar - the holiest shrine in the Sikh faith - and meet with Hindi film star Akshay Kumar, a torchbearer for the Vancouver Olympics."

Not surprisingly, the current Canadian prime minister has always had prickly relations with his nation’s media.

India's nukes are 'ground zero' for jihadists: Canadian media- Hindustan Times

"So rather than strategizing on new bilateral investment with India's Ambani brothers, the prime minister will travel to the Golden Temple in Amritsar - the holiest shrine in the Sikh faith - and meet with Hindi film star Akshay Kumar, a torchbearer for the Vancouver Olympics."

What a rant

:argh: :blah:

So Canada shouldn't do the business or sell Uranium cause of possible terrorist attacks on Indian nuclear installations.
I can see from where this thought is coming.
I think Canadian Media is selling this nuclear deal news with cheap tactics to create scare amongst Canadians. Very typical of western orange media; headless chickens.

So Canada shouldn't do the business or sell Uranium cause of possible terrorist attacks on Indian nuclear installations.
I can see from where this thought is coming.
I think Canadian Media is selling this nuclear deal news with cheap tactics to create scare amongst Canadians. Very typical of western orange media; headless chickens.

ambidex, these views are not shared by their govt. These Bureaucrats are idiotic rednecks who are ignorant with low intellectual and reasoning ability.

To cite a recent example, the Large hadron collider of CERN was to be build in Texas, US. Senator/congressman (i am not sure) asked scientists if they are able to see god through that machine :rofl:. And he refused. So the GBP 10 billion project was scrapped and then it went to Europe. I don't know how such people end up getting the highest position.

ok, back to the topic.

Nuclear deal with India near, Harper suggests - thestar.com

But Harper (canadian PM) said concern over India's ability to safeguard its nuclear technology is "a view that's a throwback to the 1970s. There is no safer place in the emerging world than India."

"India is a rising power in the world and has frankly no closer cultural and human relations with any developed country than it does with Canada," he said. "We should be taking advantage of that."

:) when it comes to Indian nukes its rant

yes because the security situation in India is very different from that in Pakistan. we all know that, lets not pretend to be blind when we can see things clearly. such a report does more justice to the situation in Pakistan.

i have personally worked in a nuclear power plant in India for three months and the security was nothing but very high - with intrusion detection systems and CISF commandoes guarding the place. security was so tight that all employees where made to alight from their vehicles every time they entered or left the plant ( it can be terribly irritating after a hard days of work).

trust me the canadian media is a sissy they dont even know who they are talking too.... all of them are prejudis to indians muslims any religon.... that ghet a bad name

yes because the security situation in India is very different from that in Pakistan. we all know that, lets not pretend to be blind when we can see things clearly. such a report does more justice to the situation in Pakistan.

i have personally worked in a nuclear power plant in India for three months and the security was nothing but very high - with intrusion detection systems and CISF commandoes guarding the place. security was so tight that all employees where made to alight from their vehicles every time they entered or left the plant ( it can be terribly irritating after a hard days of work).

LOL u working in Nuclear Power Plant and post info related Indian Nuclear Plant on the forum hahahhahahhaa nice joke!

trust me the canadian media is a sissy they dont even know who they are talking too.... all of them are prejudis to indians muslims any religon.... that ghet a bad name

I dont know why you might say that since you know thats not true and i can see that u live in canada ur self.

I dont know why you might say that since you know thats not true and i can see that u live in canada ur self.

ctv global cbc all of em are conservative ? all of them dont care about how many muslims sdie only how of their men die they intend to follow americans.....

LOL u working in Nuclear Power Plant and post info related Indian Nuclear Plant on the forum hahahhahahhaa nice joke!

Can you point out the sensitive information that the poster has apparently divulged? Whatever he's mentioned is common knowledge and occurrence in any area or building under security. I for one didn't find any sensitive information! Did you? Or are you able to see more than you can read?

Edit: Oh by the way, our Govts exchange much more nuclear installation related information than we are aware of!

Oh please do not defend western media. They are master in such propaganda and far more better then ours.
If i know India media then i must tell you that Indian media is learning in heaps from them. Their tactics and kind of journalism is like referring manual for Indian media.

We have just started this and they are doing since the times of Adam and eve.

Can you point out the sensitive information that the poster has apparently divulged? Whatever he's mentioned is common knowledge and occurrence in any area or building under security. I for one didn't find any sensitive information! Did you? Or are you able to see more than you can read?

Edit: Oh by the way, our Govts exchange much more nuclear installation related information than we are aware of!

thanks for the clarification, gubbi . some people require more of an education to understand things.

btw - i was never privy to any sensitive stuff. my work there was related to cooling towers, nothing nuclear or sensitive about them. though i had near access to the whole plant.

It's a valid question. Even if India's intentions are to generate only power, India's lost nuclear materials a handful of times in its history.

They need to weigh all the pros and cons. The fate of humanity hangs in the balance.

Back
Top Bottom