What's new

India's right-wing leader asks China to end religious repression in Tibet

ChinaToday

Reaction score
Country
China
Dharamsala, April 21: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangha (RSS) leader Indresh Kumar Thursday called on China to immediately cease its repressive dealings against the monks of Ngaba Kirti Monastery in Tibet’s northeastern province of Amdo.

Speaking to media persons after visiting the venue for Tibetan Youth Congress’ ongoing relay huger strike outside Tsuglagkhang (Main Tibetan Temple) here, the RSS leader also called on China to hold dialogue with the Tibetan government in exile to resolve the issue of Tibet.

“China must at least immediately stop environmental destructions taking place in Tibet. Also it must end all religious repressions against the monks and monasteries in Tibet,” Mr Indresh said.

The Tibetan Youth Congress (TYC) on Sunday launched an indefinite relay hunger strike to protest against what it called “a critical situation” in and around Kirti Monastery in Ngaba, Tibet. 15 volunteers have been staging 24-hour hunger strike on daily basis since then.

Mr Indresh said he visited the venue to show his solidarity to the hunger strikers. He was accompanied by RSS ideologue KN Govindacharya.

The delegation earlier met with representatives of major Tibetan NGOs and held discussions on wide range of pertinent issues facing Tibet.

TYC president Mr Tsewang Rigzin said his organization was pleased with Mr Indresh’s visit.

“It is very encouraging to have him here. He said that the suppression that is going on at Kirti Monastery should stop immediately. Also we discussed with them the issue of Tibet at larger scale,” Mr Rigzin said.

Describing the situation of monks at Kirti Monastery as an “ongoing crisis”, Mr Rigzin said the members of Tibetan organizations have urged the Indian delegation for their support to defuse the situation.

“We have asked them to raise the issue in the Indian parliament and - through the Indian government and through the Indian embassy in Beijing - to highlight the issue of what’s going on in Tibet,” Rigzin added.

India's right-wing leader asks China to end religious repression in Tibet - www.phayul.com

india is at it again , interfered in china internal affairs

Is this statement issued by govt of India?..No it is not issued by govt.then how cane you say India interfering in china internal affairs.it is his opinion..

What a load of cr@p!
This character is'nt even connected to the Govt. Neither is he an official nor a legislator. He only happens to be an accused in some criminal cases. If that is some distinction!
Tomorrow, some bloke's dog's trainer's sister's father-in-law's friend will say something; and you will go again: "India is at it again, interfered in China's internal affairs".

Anyone can issue any statement just to improve his standing and score a political point. As long as the GOI does not make such statements there no need to kick up a fuss .

Agree with the previous members. This guy is just trying to rack up some media points. Leave the Indian government out of it =)

Anyone can issue any statement just to improve his standing and score a political point. As long as the GOI does not make such statements there no need to kick up a fuss .

Can I ask how old are you?

This moron's message will be reported by your "media" because there are clear audience there. If no one in india is going to listen in the first place, will it still be reported? e.g. if you post something stupid here, will it be covered by your media? no, it won't, because no one in india cares about it.

That is the problem. That is the problem india needs to deal with.

when your economy is like a , and when your country is like a dump site, how about just fix your own problem first?

This moron's message will be reported by your "media" because there are clear audience there. If no one in india is going to listen in the first place, will it still be reported? e.g. if you post something stupid here, will it be covered by your media? no, it won't, because no one in india cares about it.

when your economy is like a , and when your country is like a dump site, how about just fix your own problem first?

am done with your carp you are on big of an a$$ hole your house is like a dump site you retard

If the Indian government did not issue the statement, ignore it. When your feelings are hurt because some unknown guy said something, then you should only blame your weak ego.

am done with your carp you are on big of an a$$ hole your house is like a dump site you retard

my house? I have two houses, one in North Sydney, worth about $1m, one in Jingan Shanghai, worth about $1.2m, which one you are talking about?

my house? I have two houses, one in North Sydney, worth about $1m, one in Jingan Shanghai, worth about $1.2m, which one you are talking about?

the one in fairy land do you think i will buy what you said lol internet rich guy

munnu school ka time ho gaya, chalo uthh jao abb :haha:

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

insecure kids

:lol: I 'm old enough to attend political rallies and old enough to vote ....

Is that sufficient enough for you ?

The RSS leader in question is not involved in active politics. Here any social activist will do almost anything - show solidarity with almost anyone to get some publicity.Evidently you dont know much about the Indian Political setup.

Btw , I'm curious - this is the third post ,you have personally attacked me in , whats biting you ?

Preventing "monks" from destroying public property, setting fires to shops, and cutting up citizens is not a form of "religious repression".

Perhaps India should stop its own "repression" by releasing the perpetrators of the Mumbai attacks.

Back
Top Bottom