What's new

indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant delivered to Navy

it all depends on the license agreement. The Indians can't export the AL31 FP or locally made Su30 MKI. Neither can the Chinese, the J-11 or anything derived from the Su-27 is poisoned fruit as well. Ditto the Z-20, since it's a copy of the Blackhawk. As for the GT-25000, it depends on the license agreement. If Zorya-Mashproekt signed an unrestricted license agreement handing over the IP, with unrestricted rights to China then you are correct- i'd then consider the GT-25000 Chinese. However, neither of us have access to the signed contract to prove or disprove the other. It is possible that Zorya-Mashproekt have approved export of the turbine in exchange for revenue share, so the export of the turbine does not prove IP ownership.

not really, the turbine is a critical component. PCBs and bolts on the other hand are not and can be alternatively sourced.

China cannot sell J-16D. Does this mean that J-16D is not a domestic fighter? The J-16D is better than all the flankers in Russia!

BTW: China can export GT25000, and you can even buy it directly on the Internet.

IMG_20220903_095458.jpg

China cannot sell J-16D. Does this mean that J-16D is not a domestic fighter? The J-16D is better than all the flankers in Russia!

I don't usually discuss potential flaws of Chinese fighters on PDF but I will make this one exception. See below image, do you see the fuselage above the wing root of the J11 reinforced with metal panels. Do you know why this is done? This is because the gas injection system frequently goes out of sync with the chambering mechanism of the canon. This causes the round to misfire and strike the fuselage. A design flaw of the original Su-27 inherited by all copies of the original. If the J-11 were truly Chinese this issue would have been addressed instead of "patched" with a clumsy workaround. Do you now appreciate why I do not consider the J-11 Chinese?

5658.jpg

I don't usually discuss potential flaws of Chinese fighters on PDF but I will make this one exception. See below image, do you see the fuselage above the wing root of the J11 reinforced with metal panels. Do you know why this is done? This is because the gas injection system frequently goes out of sync with the chambering mechanism of the canon. This causes the round to misfire and strike the fuselage. A design flaw of the original Su-27 inherited by all copies of the original. If the J-11 were truly Chinese this issue would have been addressed instead of "patched" with a clumsy workaround. Do you now appreciate why I do not consider the J-11 Chinese?

5658.jpg
I'm talking about J-16. Why do you talk about J-11?

The early J-11 was originally imported from Russia and assembled by itself, similar to the Su-30MKI in India. It's certainly not made in China.

The result of China's first self-improvement of Su-27SK is the J-11A, but there are still many parts from Russia, and of course it is not made in China.

The real domestic product is J11B, all parts are all from China and have been comprehensively improved.

I'm talking about J-16. Why do you talk about J-11?

The early J-11 was originally imported from Russia and assembled by itself, similar to the Su-30MKI in India. It's certainly not made in China.

The result of China's first self-improvement of Su-27SK is the J-11A, but there are still many parts from Russia, and of course it is not made in China.

The real domestic product is J11B, all parts are all from China and have been comprehensively improved.
Well it appears the issue I described in my earlier post persists with the J-16.
Unless the GlobalTimes published the wrong image.

e7f96985-72de-4e34-8a38-d024dd8a20f4.jpeg

the first image yes, and dude there is no gun on the J16 D EW variant...no gun port see below image.

If you want to live in denial it's fine by me.

FBPVKCOCVBHMVGG3ABRNRKCLMQ.jpg
What about the first picture?

Instead of using metal plates, it uses high-temperature resistant materials integrated into the fuselage.

High temperature resistant materials should be used at the machine gun position. For example, F15&F16 is also reinforced with high temperature resistant materials at the machine gun position.

IMG_20220903_122436.jpg

IMG_20220903_123256.jpg

Last edited:
What about the first picture?

Instead of using metal plates, it uses high-temperature resistant materials integrated into the fuselage.

High temperature resistant materials should be used at the machine gun position. For example, F15&F16 is also reinforced with high temperature resistant materials at the machine gun position.

View attachment 875730

View attachment 875731

I don't know what that image you posted is it doesn't look like an F-15. This is the F-15(see below) besides we don't use gas operated canon on our fighters, ours are electric including the massive canon on the A-10.

45626007-machinegun-at-plane-f-15.jpg

Without toilets.

The entire sea is available for the job. Just sit on the edge anywhere and let go.
Yeah just like on the railways tracks of Delhi.
Imagine Su30 taking off on the deck and few indian airmen taking a crap on the edge :lol:

Back
Top Bottom