What's new

Initial census results have arrived

Will do. If you have a specific city in mind, send me that as well so I can give you 'unofficial' breakdown.

I wanted to PM you but it says I can't see your profile :(

You can't PM me directly, but I can. If you want to PM me, ask @Horus, he can forward me your PM.

It's fine.

If you could, I'd like to see actual (unofficial :P ) figures for Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad.

More importantly, I would like to know actual figures for religious demographics in Pakistan. I have heard that due to sensitivities Pakistani authorities do not reveal actual figures for religious breakdown of the country bc apparently Christian population is much larger than what is shown in the census figures.

I don't know how true is that. So would just want some insight.

Thank you, sir! :)

Next CCI meeting is in 2 weeks according to N-League Jan Achakzai. Thats when we are supposed to get results or soon after that.

Last edited:
As I've had to say before, even if Pakistan is more desert, its arable land is far larger than the whole of Bangladesh. We don't need lecturing about managing populations from them.

Bangladesh Arable Land - 50%
Of total= 85,000km squared

Pakistan Arable Land - 35%
Of total= 278,000km squared (almost double Bangladesh's whole area)

Pakistan can make more arable land through irrigation, Bangladesh's is falling to urbanisation and sea level rise.

Bangladesh also has a much larger diaspora, the foreign population in India isn't counted which is in the millions. Its emigration rate is more than double Pakistan's.

Pakistan should follow Iran's successful anti-natal policy, which it carried out even after the 1979 revolution.
https://cac-ib-geography.wikispaces.com/Iran
Pakistan has more expatriates than Bangladesh
I am ignoring illegal Bangladeshi immigrants in India

PM Abbasi summons CCI meeting on 23rd

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has summoned the Council of Common Interest (CCI) meeting to be held on 23rd of this month.

The report with regard to the Diamer-Bhasha dam is likely to be brought up for approval during the meeting to be attended by chief ministers of all four provinces, CCI members and others.

The CCI, a constitutional body that resolves the disputes of power sharing between the federation and provinces, will also discuss the census report and review the ongoing LNG and power projects.

Last week, Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi had reconstituted the Council of Common Interests (CCI), with an overwhelming representation from Punjab, amid emerging crucial issues like census results and gas allocations.

After the reconstitution, the eight-member council headed by the prime minister will now have four members from Punjab.

The previous CCI, under former premier Nawaz Sharif, had two members each from the four provinces.
https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/224785-PM-Abbasi-summons-CCI-meeting-on-23rd

early census results should be released by next week

Will do. If you have a specific city in mind, send me that as well so I can give you 'unofficial' breakdown.
Oh Snap! Hypey, you're sending out pms?! No idea what they are about but sign me up for one. Pretty pleaseeeee :woot::woot::woot:

Back
Top Bottom