What's new

Integration confirmed for Brazil's MAR-1 missile

it was integrated last year and i mentioned it on MAR-1 thread, actual range is more than 50 km, not sure about license manufacturing though.

MAA-1 Piranha - First Brazilian Infrared Missile

Manufacturer: MECTRON
Engine: rocket solid propellants
Speed: Mach 2 Higher
Range: Up to 10 Km
12 Kg Warhead: High explosive,
Length: - 2.75 m
Weight: 89 Kg
Diameter: 15.2 cm
Wing Width: 66 cm
Max Factor maneuver45 g
Maximum angle of screening autodiretor greater than 30
Buoyancy Maximum thrust: 27,000 N

-
a good history of its development
Google Translate

Folha-infogr%C3%A1fico-m%C3%ADsseis-Mectron.JPG

more here
http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-missiles/19447-air-air-missiles-command-air-3.html#post1738855

Latest by Pshamim
Rizvi Saheb, Munir Saheb is correct. Specs you have mentioned is for the older version. Pakistan received the new version

Minimum specs are as follows

Total mass of the missile is 274 KG but Pakistani missile can weigh up to 350kg
Warhead is upto 90 KG
Minimum Range 60km t 30000 feet
Speed mach 0.5 to mach1.2

Missile was found to be extremely efficient against Israely ELTA el/m 2106. Hope it helps

Awsome news.... can't wait to see it under the wings of our birds.

i think we have HARM-88 AGM for quite some time--- dont know if their shelf life has expired yet??

That would not be possible as anything below block 50 does not have the capability to launch them.

paf Air-to-Surface missiles
raad
mar1
AGM-45 SHRIKE
AS-30
AGM-88 HARM
AGM-65 MAVERICK
PAVEWAY LASER GUIDED BOMB
PSD1/2 HARF1 /Durandel/ RPB-1
---
open for rectification though-- maybe im mixing haarm with MAVERICK

Haroon you may be confusing HARM with HARPOON as HARM could not be fired through versions of F-16 prior to CJ IMHO after that only Block50+ have the capability. HARM is much heavier than AIM-120 if Block 15 had to go under structural upgrade for AIM 120 then carring HARM would not be possible IMHO

didn't knew we had HARM in our inventory ... can someone clarify?

That would not be possible as anything below block 50 does not have the capability to launch them.

blk 40/42 and above can operate the HARM. the F16MLU is = to blk 40/42 so can fire both HARM & AIM-120

i read some where that pakistan has Joint direct attack munition....(JDAM)....theycan be fired from F16...plans are underway for fixing them to JF17....is it true??

i read some where that pakistan has Joint direct attack munition....(JDAM)....theycan be fired from F16...plans are underway for fixing them to JF17....is it true??

We have JDAM but only Bk52's can operate it. JDAM is yet not tested with JF-17. Mk82/84 and durandal bombs are the fully operational with Thunder.

MAR-1 Good missile to take on Enemy Air Defence System.

@Fatman17
The MAR-1 can also use supplementary targeting information from the JF-17's radar warning receivers (RWR).

what kind of RWRs are being used on JF-17's in support of MAR-1 missiles?
As PAC has indigenous production of BM/KJ-8602 & KJ-8602A RWRs which are being used in F-7 varients. Is JF-17's also using same RWRs.

it was integrated last year and i mentioned it on MAR-1 thread, actual range is more than 50 km, not sure about license manufacturing though.

that was the old version I guess...Pak was trying for the range of 90 Kmz....umm...:what:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom