What's new

Intel says one of its 13th Gen CPUs will hit 6GHz out of the box

CPU is the one which gets hot and throttled.

Intel Iris Xe Graphics is too weak.
Iris xe are of two types Xe- Low power (integrated) and Xe- Max (dedicated). Most laptops have the Xe-LP and they are not meant for gaming. They are integrated GPUs for general tasks.

For good gaming performance, you need to have a seperate GPU. Usually Nvidia (RTX or GTX series) or AMD ones (Radeon RX series).

Raw clock speed doesn't tell the whole story, but Intel seems to be coming back at AMD. Interesting that they are releasing more specs on Sept 27, the same day that the new AMD Zen 4 CPUs launch.

And what kind of cooling are they using to OC from 6ghz to 8ghz?

and - i remember hitting 1 Ghz was a "thing!"... hate to see the power draw and cost of running this CPU and latest series of graphics card - by every measure - PC gaming is becoming v.v. expensive given the cost of energy these days now!

Iris xe are of two types Xe- Low power (integrated) and Xe- Max (dedicated). Most laptops have the Xe-LP and they are not meant for gaming. They are integrated GPUs for general tasks.

For good gaming performance, you need to have a seperate GPU. Usually Nvidia (RTX or GTX series) or AMD ones (Radeon RX series).

moore's law is dead. Intel was stuck at 14nm for years.

Nvidia is another junk. Run too hot and too expensive.

AMD CPU+GPU beats Intel CPU + Nvidia GPU combo any day.

X86 processsors run hot. ARM is the way forward.

Intel fails to bring the price down.

One of the biggest losers in the tech world.

The same with Nvidia and Apple.

lol
How are these companies losers in the tech world? These companies literally dominate the tech world.

Electronic items are increasingly sophisticated and high end stuff will be increasingly costly due to combination of higher development costs and inflation.

But average Joe does not need to buy high end stuff to do work.

Intel is a dead company.

No one cares about high performance which requires liquid cooling.

People care about portability and battery life.
Good joke.

Yes, some care about portability and battery life. I do as well but I have to disagree with the assertion that high performance requires liquid cooling.

LOL have you tried playing any game on Dell XPS?

Try HP Omen. Mine has a well-built exhaust system and thermal management system. This machine has the raw power of a desktop machine of similar specs.

And use a decent cooling pad. Every laptop should be elevated from the surface for flow of air and heat to move out.

Last edited:
LOL!!! Somebody is showing their complete ignorance. Even in bad years their profits are insane:

• Intel annual gross profit for 2021 was $43.815B
  • Intel annual gross profit for 2020 was $43.612B
  • Intel annual gross profit for 2019 was $42.14B

• NVIDIA annual gross profit for 2021 was $10.396 Billion
  • NVIDIA annual gross profit for 2020 was $6.768B Billion

• Apple annual gross profit for 2021 was $152.836 Billion <- WTF!!!
  • Apple annual gross profit for 2020 was $104.956 Billion
  • Apple annual gross profit for 2019 was $98.392 Billion
I guess spending $5 Billion on a new Headquarters is just a drop in the bucket to them.

Let's see how Huawei is doing....

gross profit in 2021 was 307B Chinese Yuan ($44 Billion)
gross profit in 2020 was 327B Chinese Yuan ($47 Billion)

So out of the 4 only Huawei down..I guess we know who the loser is.

How are these companies losers in the tech world? These companies literally dominate the tech world.

Electronic items are increasingly sophisticated and high end stuff will be increasingly costly due to combination of higher development costs and inflation.

But average Joe does not need to buy high end stuff to do work.

Nope!

I'm still sticking with my opinion.

Price goes down! price goes down!

You will thanks me later.

Posters on this thread are funny.

Who says CPU’s are exclusively made for gaming?

Why do people think that the only customer base for these CPU’s are gamers?

Yes, some care about portability and battery life. I do as well but I have to disagree with the assertion that high performance requires liquid cooling.
Obviously it's not necesary for laptops, it's only really necesary on high end overclocked PCs.

At the extreme end of overclocking, the EVGA lead engineer Kingpin designs his high end range of Nvidia cards for liquid nitrogen cooling. He usually leads the field in overclocked benchmarking and uses liquid nitrogen cooling to stress test his cards.

Obviously it's not necesary for laptops, it's only really necesary on high end overclocked PCs.

At the extreme end of overclocking, the EVGA lead engineer Kingpin designs his high end range of Nvidia cards for liquid nitrogen cooling. He usually leads the field in overclocked benchmarking and uses liquid nitrogen cooling to stress test his cards.

Thanks for the share, but this is different from "normal use" of a machine. This is for benchmarking sessions.

To be honest, a gaming laptop will produce more heat than a desktop machine of similar specs due to limited room for air flow in its chassis. My laptop's CPU can easily exceed 90C in a gaming session. I use HP Omen software application to prevent this spike. I also use a cooling pad to facilitate air flow in my laptop even though it has exhausts on the sides.

Summer(s) can be very hot where I live so I use AC to cool my room for an hour or two. All good in Winter(s) on the other hand.

OP's complaint is genuine but it also comes down to the construction of a machine.

Why do people think that the only customer base for these CPU’s are gamers?

Because most people who actually care what the latest chip or GPU does are gamers who make custom builds.

For normal office work, most organizations couldn't care less. For consumer laptops, the companies don't have such hi-tech requirements.

For scientific work or ML or simulations, they are offered a completely different chipset.

Correct me if I am wrong here...

Because most people who actually care what the latest chip or GPU does are gamers who make custom builds.

For normal office work, most organizations couldn't care less. For consumer laptops, the companies don't have such hi-tech requirements.

For scientific work or ML or simulations, they are offered a completely different chipset.

Correct me if I am wrong here...

Virtualization is more important for organizations and companies for their internal IT departments because it reduces hardware costs.

How much hyperthreading do you actually need for gaming? Are gamers really going to be multi-tasking while gaming? At most, they will be running a streaming software, discord and possibly some kind of soundboard simultaneously... :lol:

At least one of Intel’s forthcoming 13th-generation CPUs will be able to run at 6GHz at stock, Tom’s Hardware reports. The detail was shared in a slide onstage at Intel’s Technology Tour 2022, which also says it’ll be capable of hitting 8GHz when overclocked. Other improvements promised for this new generation, which is named Raptor Lake, include a 15 percent improvement in single-threaded performance, and a 41 percent improvement in multi-threaded performance.

Intel’s 6GHz claim is a shot across the bow at competitor AMD, which recently said that its upcoming flagship 16-core Ryzen 9 7950X will be capable of boosting up to 5.7GHz. Although raw clock speeds aren’t the be all and end all when it comes to performance, breaking the 6GHz barrier would be an important marketing win for Intel, which has been battling with a resurgent AMD in the CPU market in recent years.

Screen_Shot_2022_09_12_at_11.37.39_AM.jpg

The Raptor Lake CPU lineup is yet to be officially announced, so it’s unclear which or how many of the generation’s processors will be able to hit these kinds of clock speeds. Given Intel’s 12900KS boosted up to 5.5GHz (up 300MHz from the maximum 5.2GHz speed on the regular i9-12900K), Intel’s 6GHz CPU may well be a KS-branded version of its upcoming 13900K chip. Official pricing and release date information has not yet been made public, but Intel is set reveal more details at its Innovation event in San Jose, California on September 27th. In what is unlikely to be a coincidence, that’s also the same day AMD is releasing its Ryzen 7000 processors.
Great

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom