Country
Pakistan
Iran upgrades capabilities of Saegeh fighter
26 September 2011, 12:05 (GMT+05:00)

Reference:
Iran upgrades capabilities of Saegeh fighter - Trend
saeqeh-formation1.jpg

Azerbaijan, Baku, Sept. 26

Iran’s Air Forces are upgrading capabilities of the domestically produced Saegeh (Thunderbolt) fighter, IRNA quoted Iran’s Air Forces Deputy Commander for Projects and Planning Abdulla Kashanifard as saying.

Kashanifard said the Iranian Air Forces have built the forth generation of the Saegeh fighter and have produced 100 fighter jets of this type so far.

"We expect to much from improving its capabilities," he added.

A single-seat fighter jet is Iran's first domestically produced fighter. The first jets were tested successfully in September 2007. The country's Defense Industries launched its production in 2008. The Saeqeh is a joint product of the Iranian Air Force and the Defense Ministry.

In another news, Iran announced now it manufactures Radars 100% locally

Iran also possess F14 Tom Cat fighters loaded with Long Range Missiles Phoenix !!! They had 500 of these missiles and out of which perhaps 100-140 were used in Iran - Iraq war
One of the most devastating missiles when it comes to 4th generation fighters

xf04rrsfokba6jnk879l.jpg

Iran has recently announced the desire to build SUPER Saegeh Fighters in large number
The pictures of Super Saegeh looks similar to Saegeh but it uses two engines and obviously it enhances its pay load and speed remains to be seen how big the new plane will be comparative to the current plane

And finally unveiling of Long Rang UAV bombers icing on the cake

Never hurts when you Mass produce S200 enhanced systems locally who needs guns

Last edited by a moderator:
Big step forward but very little is mentioned of specs.?

Iranian public is a bunch of learned people.. misrepresented by mysterious mullahs. (This is my personal opinion)

I am trying to search more info on what they are building , the flying boat looked not so fancy but then I learned these boats can fly so close and fast sea level and deliver a Anti Ship missile I was like wow 2-3 of these can knock out a few ships fast and stealthy , there had this video where this black colored boat was flying and using night vision to track the ship it was very effective indeed

But Super Azarkash looks interesting if its pay load can be increased I did found from people talking that having two engine setup the performance of the original design is enhanced almost by 100%

The F14 Avionics and anti missile upgrades are also very substantial

Since Pakistan does not have S200 even we should just purchase some SAMs form Iran, since we lack so much in Air defences , few S200 in FATA region would do wonders

I think 100 fighters , with locally produced radars is sufficient enough specially if you have ground support from S200 or enhanced variation of S200 plus not to mention other tactical weapons

Since Pakistan does not have S200 even we should just purchase some SAMs form Iran, since we lack so much in Air defences , few S200 in FATA region would do wonders

It wont be of much help in FATA when we turn off our radars at night to make them last long (which is BS).
Whats the point in getting these .

May these in high command begin to pray to Allah not to america.

It wont be of much help in FATA when we turn off our radars at night to make them last long (which is BS).
Whats the point in getting these .

May these in high command begin to pray to Allah not to america.

These units are automatic , so no worry they will go off on their own :P

Here is the catch soon after Iran was under sanctions soon afterwards revolution, Iran may have started to study F-5s engines when might have bear its fruit after years of study R&D Iran might finally have developed these critically reversed engineering product with newest F-5 variant airframes. I believe with these Saegeh F-5 could soon be or are under the replacement with the newly Saegeh.

F-14s and F-4s condition are deplorable they have twice crossed their life.

Any compareable specifications of Saegah with F-5's?

The Saegah is an F5-E with an added (and unneeded) 2nd vertical stabilizer. Do they think the Northrop engineers made a mistake? The original F-5 rudder was adequate, and more is not better in this case.

The so-called "Super" variant is a photoshop. There is only one picture of it available - it shows a shoulder-winged F-5 variant that is physically impossible, as the gear on the F-5 uplocks into the wing, and the new variation would require fuselage gear (like the MiG-23 or F-104) that would fold up directly into the ducting for the engines. There's no room for it there. The photo is a fake. Here it is.

Azarakhsh.jpg

Then of course the famous photo of the failed missile launch that ended up also being photoshopped.

I have a lot of respect for Iranian talent, but I have no respect for their propaganda arm. The weapons they are producing are not state of the art, but still impressive given the resources they have to work with.

Iran exaggerating again..
super saeqeh uses two engines.. didn't the original also have two engines?
The best they can do with the F-5 is give it BVR abilities.

Pakistan is doing far more advanced work on her own. What Iran is doing is 1970's tech.

Chogy do you think sanctions help countries like iran now and pakistan in the ninties to become self sufficient in wepon production? thinking of teach a man to fish rather than give a fish? Cos I think pakistani people would like america to help pakistan towards self self sufficiency rather than give aid which often gets nicked. Sorry am going a bit of thread will get off..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom