What's new

Iran produces 100 Fighter Jets locally

Chogy do you think sanctions help countries like iran now and pakistan in the ninties to become self sufficient in wepon production? thinking of teach a man to fish rather than give a fish? Cos I think pakistani people would like america to help pakistan towards self self sufficiency rather than give aid which often gets nicked. Sorry am going a bit of thread will get off..

Do you mean sanctions force a country to be more independent? Maybe. The thing is, there is nothing stopping a nation who remains free to trade with all from starting their own native programs. That would actually be the best time to do it, because the country could obtain enough tech to kick-start their native programs.

There is strong evidence that the Shah had actually made that choice before the revolution... to become an innovator rather than just a client. He was in the process of installing or upgrading high-tech industrial facilities when the 1979 revolution halted it all. I base this from statements made by an Iranian expat Shah-era pilot living in Australia. He is adamant that the Shah was, in fact, going in this direction.

Budget is always a problem. Pakistan is doing what she can given their resources. They take delivery of high-tech Western goods while simultaneously pursuing native projects.

Partnering is probably best at this stage. The JF-17 is a good example. Something that cannot be done alone, CAN be done in partnership, and invaluable experience is obtained.

Pakistan is doing far more advanced work on her own. What Iran is doing is 1970's tech.

Technology is the same its just you improve what we already have, iran purchased these planes in the 70s but since then they have been upgrading them..

Iran is working on its own stealth fighter any details of this plane i know it is in very early stages

Technology is the same its just you improve what we already have, iran purchased these planes in the 70s but since then they have been upgrading them..

Iran does indeed have world class overhauling facilities. Taking care of those F-4 Phantoms and F-14 Tomcats during all these years is very commendable. I'd give them A*

Technology development, overhauling and upgrading are different three things.

Do the F-14s sport AESA radars?

I am trying to search more info on what they are building , the flying boat looked not so fancy but then I learned these boats can fly so close and fast sea level and deliver a Anti Ship missile I was like wow 2-3 of these can knock out a few ships fast and stealthy , there had this video where this black colored boat was flying and using night vision to track the ship it was very effective indeed

But Super Azarkash looks interesting if its pay load can be increased I did found from people talking that having two engine setup the performance of the original design is enhanced almost by 100%

The F14 Avionics and anti missile upgrades are also very substantial

Since Pakistan does not have S200 even we should just purchase some SAMs form Iran, since we lack so much in Air defences , few S200 in FATA region would do wonders

I think 100 fighters , with locally produced radars is sufficient enough specially if you have ground support from S200 or enhanced variation of S200 plus not to mention other tactical weapons

Actually flying boats can be really deadly launching missiles and delivering troops and tanks to far away shores. Russians had the best technology in this regard. Iranians are still at the beginning of the road, since Iran's flying boats are still small.

Also, about Iranian fighters, I have to say that Saegheh seems to be just an experiment by Iranians. The real fighter they are working on seems to be M-ATF, which is perhaps years from production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iran does indeed have world class overhauling facilities. Taking care of those F-4 Phantoms and F-14 Tomcats during all these years is very commendable. I'd give them A*

Technology development, overhauling and upgrading are different three things.

Do the F-14s sport AESA radars?

No i dont think the f-14 have AESA.

^^
The problem is its so hard to find evidence, and when you do people just laugh at it.
No, brother. We do not laugh at Iranian achievements.

Majority of Pakistani people do want to see Iran a progressive state.

It is just that many are not comfortable with Iranian propaganda.

No, brother. We do not laugh at Iranian achievements.

Majority of Pakistani people do want to see Iran a progressive state.

It is just that many are not comfortable with Iranian propaganda.

I do believe what you say about majority of Pak bros.Re to propaganda, In fact there is not propaganda here, in Iran first announcement on satellite nobody believed here, when is launched people admitted, when Iran announced about helicopter same, fighter same story, I guess it is better wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom