What's new

Iran to supply Russia with “hundreds” of Drones

well , do you recall one of the videos that they claim one they shot down one of the uavs , you could see a bright flash on the wing and then nothing happened and the vidseo cut 1-1.5 second after the flash .
my taught is that its important where you hit , if you hit the nose , then uav is effectively useless as the sensors are there and the uav probably loose its target capability , only you can pray when the fuel ran out it don't fall on the head of an innocent bystander.
if you hit behind it , that's were exactly the explossive are , i don't think it will explode , and i doubt it affect the UAV effectiveness unless you manage to destroy the fuse .
behind that is probably fuel that won't make an explosion with the use that russian have for the uav. in a fuel tanks you have two componnet one is fuel, the other is fuel fume and air . if the tank is filled then there is less fume and air mixture and less chance of explosion , if the fuel is half used it mean half a tank is filled with highly volatile fume and air mixture and there is ghih chance of explosion . but in russia they use the uav in short range missions , probably 150-200km, 300km max the uav has a 2000+km range . so i doubt there be explosion the tank will be literally full. but well you have a leaky tanks all depend how much fuel you are loosing and your distant with target , if its far or damage to high the uav fall out of sky , on other hand if you can reach your target then you are in bisiness .
then at the back of uav is engine , obviously if you hit it its the end for uav , it fall , hit it in city it fall on the head of someone , hit it outside city it fall in desert or jungle or....

now the question of the wings , its biggest poart of the uav , and obviously have higher chance of being hit like the video i mentioned that looked like left wing was hit ,my guess is if your callibre is not high enough to rip the wing apart , nothing will happen , the uav is supposed to be 200kg with 40kg of explossive and its fuel so the wing must be empty otherwise it was a lot heavier , the bullet go from one side and come out from otherside . so i guess one of ukrainian claimed interception actuall was such incident . they hit the UAV but not a critical part , it probably increased the drag on the uav , but it had enough fuel to go to target 3-4 time it was not important and it was not shootdown and the uav actually reacjh its target
Something like a Phalanx could really help them, but they would need so many to protect their assets, it might not really be feasible, and many would still be vulnerable since range is so low.

Last edited:
Something like a Phalanx could really help them, but they would need so many to protect their assets, it might not really be feasible, and many would still be vulnerable since range is so low.
don'y knew my guess is phalanx is too expensive , maybe that can be used for some very important position but for all of position of intrest I doubt it

don'y knew my guess is phalanx is too expensive , maybe that can be used for some very important position but for all of position of intrest I doubt it
I see a video that sounds alot like a Phalanx CIWS usage in Odessa (hint: Drone still looks like it hits its target). Is that a CIWS or just AA guns??

I see a video that sounds alot like a Phalanx CIWS usage in Odessa (hint: Drone still looks like it hits its target). Is that a CIWS or just AA guns??

don't knew what type there was several burst of AA guns and a lot of small guns that they tried to use against the UAV, well one thing is sure they failed and it was a direct hit

Last edited:
Can someone explain why Russia is deploying Shahed-136 in Odessa mostly?
Odessa is safe from an invasion at this point.
I expected them to be used in the eastern front where Ukrainians are gaining a lot of territory back.

Koskhols ... Koskhols everywhere

1664115858450.png

Can someone explain why Russia is deploying Shahed-136 in Odessa mostly?
Odessa is safe from an invasion at this point.
I expected them to be used in the eastern front where Ukrainians are gaining a lot of territory back.
Maybe due to being their biggest and most important port connected to all Ukraine with rail ... maybe they wanna paralyzed them like what Iraq did by hitting Khrak island far from Iraq and safe from an invasion but vital to Iran oil export ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom