What's new

Iran upgrades 100 MiG 29 fighter jets

Brother, I thought Iran had around forty Mig 29s. I could be wrong.

well , Iran has 30- 42-45 Mig 29s ( you can't find the real number of weapons in Iran ) but we planed to buy more mig 29 from ( ah I forget the name of country __ an eastern eroup country ) but USA buy all the mig 29 from that country with higher price .....

we planed to upgrade these Mig 29 but Russia didn't accept it , they even didn't give us the Mig 29's manual ( well , after all they are Russians ) .... recently we understand more about these fighters and begin to improve them ....

well , Iran has 30- 42-45 Mig 29s ( you can't find the real number of weapons in Iran ) but we planed to buy more mig 29 from ( ah I forget the name of country __ an eastern eroup country ) but USA buy all the mig 29 from that country with higher price .....

we planed to upgrade these Mig 29 but Russia didn't accept it , they even didn't give us the Mig 29's manual ( well , after all they are Russians ) .... recently we understand more about these fighters and begin to improve them ....

This is what is so impressive and more important than the exact number of Jets.....the ability to domestically modify these fighters and prepare them for the realistic defense of today's threat to Iran. Of course these Migs are a small part of Iran's Airforce but by upgrading avionics/Nav/Com/Radar and implementing air refueling compatibility with existing Tankers they increase their range/endurance with better detection and intercept abilities. There is some real engineering and manufacturing/tooling behind that.
Not too many countries in the world are able to do that....including many western countries.

i think iran have just 48 Mig-29 and 24 Mig-27 how can they upgrade 100?didn't get the point of topic

[--Leo--];3298180 said:
i think iran have just 48 Mig-29 and 24 Mig-27 how can they upgrade 100?didn't get the point of topic

you mean 24-32 su 24 !?

just one thing: iran overhauls mig 29 and can produce it's wings cockpit etc.......... also Thunderbol 80 use rd 33 engines (the same as mig 29) so it is possible that iran build it's own mig29.....

just one thing: iran overhauls mig 29 and can produce it's wings cockpit etc.......... also Thunderbol 80 use rd 33 engines (the same as mig 29) so it is possible that iran build it's own mig29.....

Well , Saegheh using improved J- 85 .... Saegheh can't use Two RD-33 because it is too big for it ..... some one said we have plane to use 1 RD-33 instead of two J-85 for Saegheh and make new generation of Saegheh with bigger body and new avionic and radar but , yeah , Russia did what they are master in it .... without the proper engine , that canceld ....

now , Saegheh is more like prototype that out scientist use it to test some of our technology for our future planes ....

Screen+shot+2012-08-12+at+3.17.31+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-08-12+at+2.30.37+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-08-12+at+2.35.03+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-08-12+at+2.32.00+AM.png

Can someone answer if Iran can make a more advanced radar/electronics than what the Mig-29 currently has?

With better radar and electronics, the Mig-29 could pose a real threat to enemy aircraft.

Can someone answer if Iran can make a more advanced radar/electronics than what the Mig-29 currently has?

With better radar and electronics, the Mig-29 could pose a real threat to enemy aircraft.

maybe yes and maybe not ....

we don't know clearly , but we have some unconfirmed news that we improved and changed some of our F-14 radars .... and for sure F-14' AWg9 radars is far advanced than Mig 29 A radras ... .

well , fact is because of USA overwhelming power in air , our air force never saying so much about his capability .... after all this isn't hard for USA to find a way to counter all we have (especially in air ) .... so we keep things in secret ....

well , USA didn't attack us for what he knew about our army , he didn't attack us because he doesn't know much about our capacity ....

I hope saying my idea correctly ....

Good grief,
Are those -29's on fire or something? Surely our Indian Baaz's don't smoke like this?

The Iranians haven't gone for any Upgrades to the Rd-33's in a while.
The original Indian Mig-29's were pretty similar..
Also the smoke emitted depends on environmental variables as well.

female members lol , is that a tactic to not get banned and not be rude? how about i said im so happy with the people dead in the earthquake , im not but , your a little rude kid. I could say anything about your mum and sister now but it wont change anything.

we are taught manners and humanity.

Here he is insulting the 100s of people who just died in the earthquake. This is not enough for a ban?

Also Iran originally had less mig 29 but as someone else said we produce our own. So who knows how many we have now.

Childish reaction. I'm guessing you never made it to a high degree of education. Facts:

1) It doesn't matter in which countries cars are being sold. By god, I will even export cars to Pluto if there is a markt for it.
2) Iran's automobile industry is bigger than Turkey's. Even considering all the sanctions Iran is facing. Imagine an Iran without sanctions.
3) Without sanctions, even with all sanctions in the future, Iran's economy will be more independent of oil and gas export. Iran has a high human development and the people are well educated.
4) With a policy change and greater ties with the west Iran will surpass Turkey in every field you can imagine. Wait and see.

I love if's and buts , TURKEY WILL OWN THE UNIVERSE ONLY IF WE HAD 1MILLION SPACE SHIPS.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom