What's new

Iran warns Israel of 'unimaginable losses' if Syria attacked

Owais

Reaction score
Iran warns Israel of 'unimaginable losses' if Syria attacked

TEHRAN: Iran warned Israel Sunday of "unimaginable losses" if it attacks Syria and vowed that it was standing by the Syrian people.

"We hope the Zionist regime does not make the mistake of attacking Syria, because extending the front would definitely make the regime face unimaginable losses," foreign ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi told reporters.

"We have offered and will offer Syria and Lebanon spiritual and humanitarian support," Asefi said, reiterating Iran's denial that it is providing military and financial assistance to the Hezbollah movement.

"We have no Guards there. It is not true that we have sent missiles. Hezbollah is capable enough. The Zionist regime is under pressure," Asefi said, repeating Iran's denial of any connection to the attack.

He said that Iran was still counting on support from Russia and China over its nuclear
programme, and warned the referral of the issue back to the UN Security Council would derail any possible negotiations.

"If the case goes to the United Nations Security Council, regardless of the kind of resolution adopted, the negotiations will be derailed," Asefi told reporters.

"The Security Council path is not constructive," he added. "We expect Russia and China to defend our legitimate stances. Defending the rights of the Islamic republic means backing up international treaties and the Non-Proliferation Treaty."

I think it will be better if Iran responds with some missile strikes on tel aviv. This will provoke Israel and then Iran will have the chance to open the front of its chosing. Israel is not big enough to withstand single wave of attack.

tahirkhely said:
I think it will be better if Iran responds with some missile strikes on tel aviv. This will provoke Israel and then Iran will have the chance to open the front of its chosing. Israel is not big enough to withstand single wave of attack.

This is what the US wants a reason, why should Iran give them a reason, have you thought that Iran US fighting will create problems in pak , They will use all 3 bases from Pakistn to attack will the people of Pakistan except that. There Fight will put us into a very difficult position with the US as well.

Muradk said:
This is what the US wants a reason, why should Iran give them a reason, have you thought that Iran US fighting will create problems in pak , They will use all 3 bases from Pakistn to attack will the people of Pakistan except that. There Fight will put us into a very difficult position with the US as well.

I certainly agree with MR.MuradK, And Iran is not that fool enough to do this. Its just the "war of words". They are gonna exchange with US and Israel. America has clearly declare a war with muslim world by declaring those attacks as a "right of Israel" according to some muslim leaders. Which i think was quite expected.
But any way watch this interview i found on PDF, its very very interesting:

[URL="

Last edited by a moderator:
tahirkhely said:
That would be a mistake of catastrophic magnitudes! As it is, they might just convert the Hezbollah actions as justification to attack Iran, let alone give them more reason to attack by using the Iranian army to attack. Iran better be on HIGH alert.

Muradk said:
Very well said.

Asim Aquil said:
That would be a mistake of catastrophic magnitudes! As it is, they might just convert the Hezbollah actions as justification to attack Iran, let alone give them more reason to attack by using the Iranian army to attack. Iran better be on HIGH alert.
More time they get (Israelis) more they get power and more dangerous they become for Arabs aand muslims. We should just mince them right now. america is not in a position to come from 20000KM to help them. can deal with them as well if they have some thing left in them.
:army: :flag:

Asim Aquil said:

Good post Asim!

There's still the Syria factor, Iran may have to be carefull to avoid more international pressure but Syria is directly involved in Lebanon and well equipped to strike deep into Israel.
Their missiles are better than the katusha's and can reich as far as Eilat.

tahirkhely said:

Say again....:eek:

Attack Israel and then provoke israel and then chose a front....:idiot:

What will this single wave of attack consist of?

tahirkhely said:
More time they get (Israelis) more they get power and more dangerous they become for Arabs aand muslims. We should just mince them right now. america is not in a position to come from 20000KM to help them. can deal with them as well if they have some thing left in them.
:army: :flag:

My dear friends Neo and Asim,

Please for heavens sake put some sanity into this guys head.

Neo said:
Good post Asim!

There's still the Syria factor, Iran may have to be carefull to avoid more international pressure but Syria is directly involved in Lebanon and well equipped to strike deep into Israel.
Their missiles are better than the katusha's and can reich as far as Eilat.

IAFs F-16 flew over asads palace and nothing was said rather than the usual verbal ---- [Mod Edit: Please refrain from using such language]. Why wasnt it shot down?...Imagine a pair of IAF Mig 29 flying all the way over Islamabad, Im sure it wont come back.

Syria lacks good SAMs...what makes u think they have better SSM..??? Never bet on these countries verbal ----?

Dogs that can bite never barks.

Syria can only engage in a low level conflict with Israel as it lacks the means for a fully fledged frontal war. Israel is far ahead of almost all Arab armed forces be it army, navy or the airforce (Saudi Arabia and UAE, however have the tech but lack skills). Iran is issuing statements warning Israel probably out of brinkmanship but it may well be serious about them.

The US is heavily bogged down in Iraq and Iran has just too much control over Shia'ite militias operating in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. The US would find it difficult to help Israel if Iran retaliates in return for an Israeli assault on Syria.

Israel, already is taking exaggerated action over the capture of its soldiers, breaking all international rules of engagement and laws of sovereignty. Israel must back down or face further deterioration of its status on the international arena.

Sid said:
Syria can only engage in a low level conflict with Israel as it lacks the means for a fully fledged frontal war. Israel is far ahead of almost all Arab armed forces be it army, navy or the airforce (Saudi Arabia and UAE, however have the tech but lack skills). Iran is issuing statements warning Israel probably out of brinkmanship but it may well be serious about them.

The US is heavily bogged down in Iraq and Iran has just too much control over Shia'ite militias operating in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. The US would find it difficult to help Israel if Iran retaliates in return for an Israeli assault on Syria.

Israel, already is taking exaggerated action over the capture of its soldiers, breaking all international rules of engagement and laws of sovereignty. Israel must back down or face further deterioration of its status on the international arena.

Sid if its you who editied the post can u just PM me what that word was. i forgot..seriously. :-)

And yes coming to Iran, yeah they might be dusting up their ballestic missiles,other than that i dont think they have any means of reaching Israel.On the other hand if US agrees to a Israeli attack on Iran ,Israel can get their F16s and F15s to iran.

US is decieving the world and the world is believing them.I believe this is exactly what they wanted in iraq ,total anarchy.And regarding getting bogged down,think again.How many do they have on ground...150.000...200.000 India has almost 500K infantry in J&K which is much smaller in size and also India sustained this deployment for almost 50 Yrs what makes you think the economic super power cant sustain a fifth of that strength?They can for another 100 years,easily.

Bull said:
My dear friends Neo and Asim,

Please for heavens sake put some sanity into this guys head.

He is just giving his views,
He would certainly love to learn from you guyz if you could eleborate more things along with few facts or events in the past.

Atleast give him a chance for free speech:read:

Iraq is different than Kashmir and bigger in size, more insurgents plus Al-Qaeda. The Indian 500K infantry in Kashmir is not all army units; a lot of the units are para-military. Besides India has larger army than the US if you want to compare numbers.

The US is already involved in Afghanitan as well not just Iraq and has so many soldiers stationed in countries like Japan. Currently, US army and national guard are struggling to meet the quota of new recruits as less and less people join.

Coming to Iran, you are right that Israeli F-15s and F-16s can get to Iran easily but mind you, Iran is not Syria. They actually have quite capable SAMs in their inventory and the Israelis would think twice about it as it will not be a walk-over like the raid on Iraq's Osirik nuclear power plant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom