What's new

Iranian Azeris Set up National Council in Turkey, Aspire for Independence

not all arabs are Wahabis...

as for bin laden and al qaida, they'll be happy as long as Shia's or Iran suffer since Iran as a islamic country don't support Al qaida.

they'll be happy as long as they see a oportunity to win place among the people (they are pretty desperate). the same can be said about hezbollah to, remember... they to are a terrorist organization who has done numerous terror acts and attacks. if you want to take on terrorists, take all of them, not those who don't fit your agenda.

I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the memo b/c the last time I checked, only a few countries considered Hezbollah a terrorist organization: the United States, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and Israel. And we all know why these countries consider it a terrorist organization: because they're fighting Israeli and US interest.

Hezbollah has 12 members in the Lebanese parliament and has 2 cabinet members. They are in power because the Lebanese people have voted them into power and as such, they're legitimate. Their actions are thus legitimate as well. Killing civilians has never been a measure used to call somebody a terrorist organization when the organization or party has been a legitimate entity in a country. If that were to be the case, every nation's govt would be a terrorist organization and none more than the United States which has caused the most number of civilian deaths in the last 6 decades.

Silko, you weren't always like this, what happened man??

And we all know why these countries consider it a terrorist organization: because they're fighting Israeli and US interest. Silko, you weren't always like this, what happened man??

@Silko: Hezbollah is a terrorist organization because they fight against US and Israeli interests? In that case, the Iranian Azeri Council hosted in Turkey asking for independence would be terrorists to.

Just because they don't use explosive or other tactics like the PKK, etc, doesn't give any country a right to host a group which is against another country's national interest (in this case Iran).

@Silko: Hezbollah is a terrorist organization because they fight against US and Israeli interests? In that case, the Iranian Azeri Council hosted in Turkey asking for independence would be terrorists to.

Just because they don't use explosive or other tactics like the PKK, etc, doesn't give any country a right to host a group which is against another country's national interest (in this case Iran's).

That's not true. I would concur what what said here. There is a way of lodging your protest against the government. Funny, you support the insurgents in Syria who carry out bomb blasts daily but in this case, you are against giving these people just a voice for their perceived mistreatment in Iran. They want just a voice - not bombs and rifles.

The difference is that one group is fighting and killing people (PKK) and the other group is peaceful and calling for a democratic process.

Just because they don't use explosive or other tactics like the PKK, etc, doesn't give any country a right to host a group which is against another country's national interest (in this case Iran's).
I dont know how or where did you get that idea but just because a group acting against some other country`s national interest doesnt make it a terrorist organization..Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)..So get your facts right

“Our ultimate aim is the independence of Turks living in ‘Southern Azerbaijan.' But we seek independence by democratic, peaceful means, not through the use of weapons,”

Not that i support this movement but, i dont think they are terrorists

That's not true. I would concur what what said here. There is a way of lodging your protest against the government. Funny, you support the insurgents in Syria who carry out bomb blasts daily but in this case, you are against giving these people just a voice for their perceived mistreatment in Iran. They want just a voice - not bombs and rifles.

I've constantly stated my stance about insurgents and protesters to you.

As for the quote to the user What you've linked, I stand by what I said above.

560763_363007140427781_191353607593136_990414_2070722061_n.jpg

Enjoy Azerbaijanis of Iran.

I forgot to mention that i have traveled across this bridge many times and passed by lake hundred times.

There is a good ski spot very near to Turkish border.

Best of Iranian Azerbaijan is the sweets.......:smitten:

I dont know how or where did you get that idea but just because a group acting against some other country`s national interest doesnt make it a terrorist organization..Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)..So get your facts right

Obviously I didn't mean the exact term, I was putting in prescribed sarcasm. Israel/US blame many of those who stand against them as terrorists... you can fill out the rest.

I've constantly stated my stance about insurgents and protesters to you.

As for the quote to the user What you've linked, I stand by what I said above.

Well, you supported the insurgents before.. Everybody here is a witness to that.

Funny, you stand by... but have no logical ground.

Well, you supported the insurgents before.. Everybody here is a witness to that.

I've supported the protesters. I'm against the ruling elites.

Funny, you stand by... but have no logical ground

You may think that if you like. I've labelled my views about the issue above.

I've supported the protesters. I'm against the ruling elites.

Thank you for making your position clear. You just seemed to support the Syrian insurgents from your posts and thanking record.

You may think that if you like. I've labelled my views about the issue above.

That is why I said no "logical ground" to stand on... Your "views" have already been refuted. Please don't take it personally.

560763_363007140427781_191353607593136_990414_2070722061_n.jpg

Enjoy Azerbaijanis of Iran.

I forgot to mention that i have traveled across this bridge many times and passed by lake hundred times.

There is a good ski spot very near to Turkish border.

Best of Iranian Azerbaijan is the sweets.......:smitten:

That lake is a hyper salt lake and even microscopic organisms can barely survive there. Over the past decades tens of dams have been built on the lake's tributaries which have contributed to drying the lake. In its place though, we now have 32 smaller fresh water lakes and electricity.

This is why IRan is producing 65000 MW of power and adding 5000 MW each year, while your country produces 20K MW and has WAYYYY more rivers to dam.

And you haven't crossed dick Batman. Ever since I've been here, you've claimed to have been to a million different places and they've all been lies.

I've always stated that I've supported the protesters.

I don't think so.

Come on Raya, you always go about making circular arguments. First in that Dona topic and now here. I already said that the thing which differentiates from a legitimate and illegitimate movement is bombs and guns. In this particular case, they are not involved so i see no harm if Turkey gives these guys a voice which they would not have in their home.

I want an honest answer from you. Dont you think your country is showing double-facedness and hypocrisy? Turkey is itself plagued by separatist PKK. Why does it interfere in other's matters? How would Turkey feel if Iran hosted PKK separatists?

Already Iran hosted terrorists in 90s. Now it's our turn we will establish Turk rule over Iran again. Watch video you can clearly see where is PKK camps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Raya, you always go about making circular arguments. First in that Dona topic and now here. I already said that the thing which differentiates from a legitimate and illegitimate movement is bombs and guns. In this particular case, they are not involved so i see no harm if Turkey gives these guys a voice which they would not have in their home.

About the Syrian issue; a small percentage of the protesters only picked up arms because they were constantly being denied their freedom to protest, live in a free society, and to gain democracy. They were being bombarded with guns before they started their riots.
As for your second part didn't you state this earlier?

I want an honest answer from you. Dont you think your country is showing double-facedness and hypocrisy? Turkey is itself plagued by separatist PKK. Why does it interfere in other's matters? How would Turkey feel if Iran hosted PKK separatists?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom