What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

DU armor by Iran? Not a chance. Its very complex to make and too expensive. And I don't know Iran's tank doctrine, but I don't think they want a really heavy tank of 60 tons or more.

Iran is already manufacturing uranium metals and has the means to possess the depleted uranium byproduct of UF6 but you are likely right about the weight. I don't think Iran has any interest in super heavy tanks at all and it doesn't corroborate well with the current military doctrine

Last edited:
DU armor by Iran? Not a chance. Its very complex to make and too expensive. And I don't know Iran's tank doctrine, but I don't think they want a really heavy tank of 60 tons or more.
I think you need to come up to speed about the capabilities of Iranian industry..and to do so I invite you to visit the "Middle east" forum at the "cutting edge Tech" thread and just glance quickly ..you will get an idea...otherwise you will make comments that will be interpreted as "malicious" by the Iranian members...Just a suggestion.

Iran has experimented with DU armor and DU shells for a several years now. It just hasn’t been unveiled or talked about due to sensitivity of the nuclear program.
They have? Has it been confirmed?
I think you need to come up to speed about the capabilities of Iranian industry..and to do so I invite you to visit the "Middle east" forum at the "cutting edge Tech" thread and just glance quickly ..you will get an idea...otherwise you will make comments that will be interpreted as "malicious" by the Iranian members...Just a suggestion.
Well thats the Iranians' interpretation and do whatever they like. I'm not concerned.
Well thats the Iranians' interpretation and do whatever they like. I'm not concerned.
Iran is already manufacturing uranium metals and has the means to possess the depleted uranium byproduct of UF6 but you are likely right about the weight. I don't think Iran has any interest in super heavy tanks at all and it doesn't corroborate well with the current military doctrine
The old Abrams are already over 70tons and thats before putting APS system and new armor. Its already way too heavy before the new tanks came in.

They have? Has it been confirmed?

Confirmed by who? US? Iran? Neither party is commenting on the DU work IRGC has done and for good reason since uranium metal can be used in the core of a nuclear weapon even if their is difference between DU armour and other uranium metal work .

I remember reading about it thru a western source with sources claiming that Iran will join the DU tank club soon with its experiments on DU. I wished I saved it at the time, but it seemed not that news worthy.

But for some reason Iran never unveiled it just like they never unveiled their APS system that was caught in a couple of photos.

DU isn’t as difficult as you make it seem. The issue is the cost benefit analysis of deploying such systems on the environment and tank crew. Since nearly all of Iran’s tanks will be used in Iran, hard to see Iran approving DU tank shells that are so harmful to the environment. Meanwhile US fights far away from their home so it could care less about polluting another counties environment.

Like I said cost benefit analysis.

IRGC ground forces
Screenshot_20210223-201740.jpg
Screenshot_20210223-201743.jpg
Screenshot_20210223-201737.jpg
Screenshot_20210223-201658.jpg
Screenshot_20210223-201703.jpg
Screenshot_20210223-201751.jpg

Screenshot_20210223-201618.jpg

Since nobody is being the Devils advocate, then I’ll have to raise the question:
The kian trucks look a lot like Volvo trucks. What the deal here? In the grey area between only re-badging and completely new, what are you guys thought on this truck?
Kian trucks are rebuilt Mercedes Benz 3850 titan series tractors.

IRIGF has used 3850 series for years and many of these powerful trucks has been written off, Zarharan Industries has given new life to them, Army only uses Volvo series cabins as they are widely available in the market and produced in Iran.

IMG_20210224_200557_154.jpg

IMG_20210224_200634_945.jpg

IMG_20210224_200638_761.jpg

EmQcCSuXEAEjg_x.jpeg.jpg

EmQaEqeUcAA5PHV.jpeg.jpg

EmQaEqPVoAEo9rd.jpeg.jpg

EmQaEqWU0AMyDGW.jpeg.jpg

Kian badge
IMG_20210224_200609_503.jpg

Other Kian projects

Kian 600 6x6 and Kian 700 8x8 tractors
IMG_20210224_202612_386.jpg

Kian 700 8x8 tractor
IMG_20201028_215500_910.jpg

IMG_20210217_230314_096.jpg

Kian 160 - rebuilt Ural 375s with new Iranian made 160hp diesel engine
IMG_20201028_215717_557.jpg

IMG_20201028_215742_161.jpg

847580_597.jpg

Army's Zarharan Industries has been one of its greatest achievments, its projects has been implented with the best use of existing IRIGF resources.

Back
Top Bottom