What's new

Iran's second military satellite launched to "LEO" orbit (500km)

Guys we need an infographic slide of our operational SLVs. Who can help me ?

Safir 1B
Ist Stage KN 365 Liquid
2nd Stage KN 37 Liquid

Safir.jpg

rockets_big.jpg

Zoljanah
1st Stage 725 KN Solid
2nd Stage 725 KN Solid
3rd Stage 35 KN Liquid

Zoljanah_SLV_first_launch_08.jpg

Zoljanah_SLV_first_launch_04.jpg

Simorgh
1st Stage 1590 KN Liquid
2nd Stage 50 KN Liquid
3rd Stage 15 KN Solid

Simorgh_Tasnim-News_Wikicommons.jpg

Dw-DJwpX0AA1EdX.jpg

Qassed
1st Stage 290 KN Liquid
2nd Stage 50 KN Solid
3rd Stage 15 KN Solid

Noor_satellite.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I find it VERY hard to believe that Qassed first stage is weaker than a Safir.

These numbers don’t make sense at all.

NOOR-2 is Iran's second military satellite that was launched successfully to Leo orbit at 500 km..
NOOR-2 was launched by QASED SLV from undisclosed location in the Iranian desert. QASED is a three-stage satellite carrier .

Iran now has two operating military satellites NOOR-1 and NOOR -2 in space.
NOOR-1 was launched less than two years ago..

View attachment 821944

unfurl="true"]https://media.farsnews.ir/Uploaded/Files/Video/1400/12/17/14001217000589.mp4[/URL]

Congrats!

what did they did with a lot more budget than IRIAF that they air force didn't do years ago with a lot less money.
its a simple question instead of vaguely making a claim show us hard data for your statements

I'm not going to compose a detailed exhibit of every IRGC achievement, their significance and relevance in terms of contributing to Iran's security as well as cost-effectiveness and doctrinal underpinnings. There's hardly a doubt as to the fact that pound-for-pound they constitute the most productive, innovative (in ideas as in practice) and the most impactful section of the Iranian military. It's them who perfected out of the box thinking.

Last edited:
what IRGCAF did IRAF didn't years ago ? with a lot less budget

again spewing nonsense.
you even could not answer to one of the things I said .
again I ask you what did IRGCAF did that IRAF didn't do years ago with a lot less budget ?
if you are so revolutionary defeat me in argument instead of resorting to name calling. and for starter , you can come and live in Iran like me.

I did not start name calling, you did. You have an agenda against IRGC even though their aerospace forces have made strides in forward direction with missiles compared to IRIAF who are still stuck in the 90s.

I find it VERY hard to believe that Qassed first stage is weaker than a Safir.

These numbers don’t make sense at all.

Ghadr-H first stage is rated at 290 KN on which Qased's first stage is based. Qased's 2nd and 3rd stages are > 2nd stage Safir though.

To me Qased is not as powerful as Simorgh e.g. (monstrous first stage) but it is a reliable system and an upgrade over Safir in terms of having a Solid-state last stage.

I did not start name calling, you did. You have an agenda against IRGC even though their aerospace forces have made strides in forward direction with missiles compared to IRIAF who are still stuck in the 90s.
Point to where I started name-calling
I'm very interested to now it. But I can point to the posts you did that.
And again don't compare apple to orange . Air force is different with missile force . Show me what IRGC did with airforce that defence ministry and airforce did not do years ago.
And it's you who have an agenda to weaken army and defence ministry . Not me an agenda against IRGC . For starter please show us where I ever said we must disband any part of IRGC or IRGC must not diversify in any sector.

what did they did with a lot more budget than IRIAF that they air force didn't do years ago with a lot less money.
its a simple question instead of vaguely making a claim show us hard data for your statements
Well, for instance, it took them about 30 years before realizing the need for reverse engineering AIM-54 !!! let alone starting their own missile program. even compared to army air defense force (which received IRGC help) they are far behind. compare this to IRGC in which reverse engineering the missiles started from the day one.

Lack of envision and innovation has led to a state in which for example our border guards never count on air force support, not even today, not even by drones!!!

We can't count on this air force for any air to air combat against any other country, but when there is no CAS support, then something is defenitly wrong. again, even army ground force started using drones (again thanks to IRGC) years or decades before commanders in airforce wake up!!!

Not only air force is far behind IRGC, they are even far behind the other forces of army as well.

Well, for instance, it took them about 30 years before realizing the need for reverse engineering AIM-54 !!! let alone starting their own missile program. even compared to army air defense force (which received IRGC help) they are far behind. compare this to IRGC in which reverse engineering the missiles started from the day one.
Fakour is not a reverse engineered Aim-54 for start .By the way what make you think IRGC helped army airdefence branch and not defense ministry that helped IRGC
Lack of envision and innovation has led to a state in which for example our border guards never count on air force support, not even today, not even by drones!!!
better say lack of funds . bring out airforce budget and spending here. by the way why IRGC don't help border guards with drones and its airforce. after all 95 percent of the borders are in hand of IRGC and Police not Army
We can't count on this air force for any air to air combat against any other country, but when there is no CAS support, then something is defenitly wrong. again, even army ground force started using drones (again thanks to IRGC) years or decades before commanders in airforce wake up!!!
the IRGC CAS support with drone was nonexistent till 3-4 years ago otherwise we did not need help of Russia in Syria and it come to existent more thanks to defense ministry .
now tell me who builds the engine irgc uses in its drone , what about the optics ? what about communication system ? even Qased SLV was impossible without defense ministry

Mashallah, only seven months in office and already two satellite launches under the presidency of Ebrahim Raisi. This is what I call palpable, concrete difference in policies.
This one is more of the same. How is this launch different from Noor-1 exactly? And the other one was a failure.
We are way behind our schedule and development plans. We need to catch up fast.

Fakour is not a reverse engineered Aim-54 for start .
Yes, It's reverse design, and again thanks to air defense forces!

what make you think IRGC helped army airdefence branch and not defense ministry that helped IRGC
It's what we saw in the "war of waves" documentary.

better say lack of funds . bring out airforce budget and spending here. by the way why IRGC don't help border guards with drones and its airforce. after all 95 percent of the borders are in hand of IRGC and Police not Army
So now air force is developing it's own drones due to higher budget? no, they were just slow to start, slow to adopt, even slower than army ground forces. Covering Iran's airspace is the duty of army air force, not IRGC aerospace force, and if today all branches of army and IRGC (all except army airforce) have operational drones in sky, it's because they wanted to fill the gap.

the IRGC CAS support with drone was nonexistent till 3-4 years ago otherwise we did not need help of Russia in Syria and it come to existent more thanks to defense ministry .
now tell me who builds the engine irgc uses in its drone , what about the optics ? what about communication system ? even Qased SLV was impossible without defense ministry
We are comparing the army and IRGC, not DM and IRGC, DM is doing another job (also slowly), nonetheless almost all operational drones (and their missiles) were built by IRGC and then given to DM for mass production (they didn't necessarily have domestic engines)

Development of our ballistic missiles have been under the management of IRGC and Tehrani Moghaddam even if worked in DM. As Hajizadeh said, Qadr was used in Qased to save the costs, now it's IRGC which is giving it's space engines to defense ministry.

This one is more of the same. How is this launch different from Noor-1 exactly? And the other one was a failure.
We are way behind our schedule and development plans. We need to catch up fast.

Launch frequency has increased compared to the previous administration, and the budget got multiplied by twelve (!). The cabinet in charge now, led by Ebrahim Raisi, is no longer one which deliberately goes about gutting the space program simply to accomodate the west and reach a deal no-matter-what in the nuclear negotiations. Therefore there's a concrete difference in the prioritization of space, stemming from two contrasting mindsets. Occasional failures will remain quite inevitable, they were experienced during the Rohani years, even recently by the US regime too.

Enemy source citing the twelve-fold increase in funds allocated to the space program: iranintl com/en/20211215974897

Last edited:
there is plenty to see in video clip..I can not get screen shots ..but first time they show the mounting of the sat to the nose....few still shots of this video would be great if any one can do it..

Qased nose and Sat carrier..
1646966280387.jpeg

1646966327404.jpeg

any idea why NOOR-2 is black..the last rendering shot of video shows NOOR_2 having solar cells on the body..can not see it on the actual above photo.

Tracking of NOOR_2 has started (Top track). NOOR_1 track at the bottom.
1646966925405.png

Last edited:
Ghadr-H first stage is rated at 290 KN on which Qased's first stage is based. Qased's 2nd and 3rd stages are > 2nd stage Safir though.

To me Qased is not as powerful as Simorgh e.g. (monstrous first stage) but it is a reliable system and an upgrade over Safir in terms of having a Solid-state last stage.

I think Qassed-3 will have a modified Sejil or even Khorramshahr first stage depending on which one is more reliable.

50kg is useless for military applications, so I expect the next version to be 250kg minimum up to 500kg to LEO

If Russia can send up an Iranian military sat or rumors of Iran purchasing a Russian made military sat are (now) correct then we need a GSO satellite that can keep 24/7 tracking of Middle East to observe Navy fleets and critical airbases. As well as map all air defense zones in real time to allow CMs, UAVs, and BM easier break through of defenses.

LEO orbits are not reliable for this task as they rotate the entire earth every 90 mins and who knows when you are in Middle East.

Launch frequency has increased compared to the previous administration, and the budget got multiplied by twelve (!). The cabinet in charge now, led by Ebrahim Raisi, is no longer one which deliberately goes about gutting the space program simply to accomodate the west and reach a deal no-matter-what in the nuclear negotiations. Therefore there's a concrete difference in the prioritization of space, stemming from two contrasting mindsets. Occasional failures will remain quite inevitable, they were experienced during the Rohani years, even recently by the US regime too.

Enemy source citing the twelve-fold increase in funds allocated to the space program: iranintl com/en/20211215974897
All of these facts will be judged by the output of this administration. Increasing the budget by 12 times is nothing but a waste of resources and embezzlement if the output doesn't get multiplied by at least 10. After all, we all blamed the Rouhani administration for his sabotage of the Iranian space program. Now that he's gone, and the budget has increased by 12 times, we should be able to launch heavier satellites into farther orbits.

As a strong opponent of the Rouhani administration, after 7 months, I cannot see much difference between the new administration and his. The JCPOA is being restored and the new version is not any better than what Zarif signed. And as far as our space program is concerned, one failed launch and one launch which has achieved nothing new are not going to cut it for people who expect Iran to reach a geostationary orbit by 2025.

Yes, It's reverse design, and again thanks to air defense forces!
the problem . all the inside from the engine to the seeker to the even explosive is , MIM-23 not AIM-54 and only the shell resemble Aim-54 even the diameter is more in line of MIM-23
by the way wonder since when air defense force had access to the Aim-54
So now air force is developing it's own drones due to higher budget? no, they were just slow to start, slow to adopt, even slower than army ground forces. Covering Iran's airspace is the duty of army air force, not IRGC aerospace force, and if today all branches of army and IRGC (all except army airforce) have operational drones in sky, it's because they wanted to fill the gap.
protecting the sky not playing CAS role for border guards , that was falling in the line of duty of Army and IRGC Aviation or HavaNiruz
220px-IRGC_Pilot_Wing.svg.png
220px-Havaniruz.svg.png

now let not go to the place that IRGC airforce literally have zero air to air capability and is only suited for CAS

We are comparing the army and IRGC, not DM and IRGC, DM is doing another job (also slowly), nonetheless almost all operational drones (and their missiles) were built by IRGC and then given to DM for mass production (they didn't necessarily have domestic engines)
well that's something that can be contested and no not all engines are foreign made.
Development of our ballistic missiles have been under the management of IRGC and Tehrani Moghaddam even if worked in DM. As Hajizadeh said, Qadr was used in Qased to save the costs, now it's IRGC which is giving it's space engines to defense ministry.
you mean operated by IRGC as the building of short range missiles were started in defense ministry and then become a joint project of IRGC and defense ministry

I think Qassed-3 will have a modified Sejil or even Khorramshahr first stage depending on which one is more reliable.

50kg is useless for military applications, so I expect the next version to be 250kg minimum up to 500kg to LEO

If Russia can send up an Iranian military sat or rumors of Iran purchasing a Russian made military sat are (now) correct then we need a GSO satellite that can keep 24/7 tracking of Middle East to observe Navy fleets and critical airbases. As well as map all air defense zones in real time to allow CMs, UAVs, and BM easier break through of defenses.

LEO orbits are not reliable for this task as they rotate the entire earth every 90 mins and who knows when you are in Middle East.
you can compensate for that by putting several Sat at leo .
the problem remain Communication . for effectively using our drones we need that GSO sat .

I for one do not believe that the Iranian space program has any real military dimension to it for now. It's more of a matter of testing reliable three-stage IRBMs/ICBMs and developing future military space networks. 8-9 successful LEO deliveries with three staged carriers (mixed solid and liquid) are enough to understand that Iran has IRBM/ICBM capability, esp with IRGC firing Qassed with 100 % success means we practically have an ICBM at our hands on a TEL. Unless they put a high number of GSO satellites with high-resolution optics and communications capabilities, to me the space program will remain a cover for IRBM/ICBM development and development of future space capabilities. What Iran needs right now is heavy cooperation with Russia and China in space sector.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom