What's new

Iraq to buy 12 JF-17 Thunder jets from Pakistan

September 25, 2021

According to the sources, the defence deal was approved by both the Iraqi and Pakistani governments and a formal agreement is expected to be signed in Islamabad next month. The Iraqi government has approved the amount of 664 million USD for the purchase of 12 fighter aircraft from Pakistan.
Agreement signed or otherwise? It's been more than 7 months now.

In the future, Russia Pakistan relationship might get worse since COAS Bajwa criticized Russia invading Ukraine, Pakistan shall has a plan b if Russia cut your engine supply.
That's not happening..btw bajwa said Russia security concerns are real.what he criticized was the act of war which even china did on its part.

I think ground realities are understood by all parties involved. The real problem remains the ability of the Russians to supply export items in times of war where there may be internal demand. Pak Russia relationship is a reality and will straighten out once the new Pakistani setup takes hold of government. It is a need of both countries and is bound to happen sooner or later.
A
The real problem is that whether Russia will supply RD93 to Pakistan when you have war with India.

India and Russia relationship has been strengthened during the Russia Ukraine war, so its hard to say.

That’s why J10c is coming with WS10b rather than Al31, PAF believes Chinese more than Russians.

The real problem is that whether Russia will supply RD93 to Pakistan when you have war with India.

India and Russia relationship has been strengthened during the Russia Ukraine war, so its hard to say.

The RD-93 engines will eventually be substituted by the WS-10 engines from China.

Wiki already showing 12 x JF-17 on order in IQAF Inventory :what:

Iraq Signs Contract with Pakistan for Purchase of JF-17 Block III Aircraft​

That’s why J10c is coming with WS10b rather than Al31, PAF believes Chinese more than Russians.
This is serious lack of comprehension. You dont just run around like a headless chicken in case of war securing crucial parts. These things are planned well in advance and equipment procured so this question is invalid. Engine supplies and spares are procured in anticipation of any situation. A large army like India takes months to mobilize and therefore there is time for securing enough supplies. I do not think Indians can mobilize significant forces in days. It will take them weeks/months
You should know that by international convention war equipment/spares are banned to areas of conflict by all parties. I do know that Russia defied this and kept supplying the Indians in 1971. However things are not as simple as that.
Firstly Russia and India are not as close as they were then. Because of our trade relations from which Russia also benefits, they would not want to disrupt supplies till war actually starts. China remains our supply guarantor and therefore there maybe 0ressure on Russia to deliver if not directly then via China. Secondly even if Russia closed off all supplies then Pakistan will simply lower its threahold for going nuclear if required.
A

Last edited:
This is serious lack of comprehension. You dont just run around like a headless chicken in case of war securing crucial parts. These things are planned well in advance and equipment procured so this question is invalid. Engine supplies and spares are procured in anticipation of any situation. A large army like India takes months to mobilize and therefore there is time for securing enough supplies. I do not think Indians can mobilize significant forces in days. It will take them weeks/months
You should know that by international convention war equipment/spares are banned to areas of conflict by all parties. I do know that Russia defied this and kept supplying the Indians in 1971. However things are not as simple as that.
Firstly Russia and India are not as close as they were then. Because of our trade relations from which Russia also benefits, they would not want to disrupt supplies till war actually starts. China remains our supply guarantor and therefore there maybe 0ressure on Russia to deliver if not directly then via China. Secondly even if Russia closed off all supplies then Pakistan will simply lower its threahold for going nuclear if required.
A

@araz,

Hi, I can see that sometimes you can write sensible posts---.:sniper:

A
Sometimes I just think why COAS Bajwa openly criticized Russia invading Ukraine, is it because he wanna cozy up to Yankees or something else, seems PA doesn’t wanna a close relationship with Russia . @MastanKhan

Imran Khan is a great person. But if were the leader of Pakistan, I will choose a proper balance between USA and Russia. Not too close with any of them. I will not try to burn the bridge.

Last edited:
A

just like an Army takes months to prepare for war ( mobilization doesn't take months, Point in case Kiani sahab's miracle)
Spares are kept in inventory; but should there be a spool up, please remember it takes a considerable amount of time to manufacture parts and engines too.

Sometimes I just think why COAS Bajwa openly criticized Russia invading Ukraine, is it because he wanna cozy up to Yankees or something else, seems PA doesn’t wanna a close relationship with Russia . @MastanKhan

Imran Khan is a great person. But if were the leader of Pakistan, I will choose a proper balance between USA and Russia. Not too close with any of them. I will not try to burn the bridge.

What Bajwa did was a mistake, it was not his place and not the time to issue any statement of that effect.
Fact that he did indeed offer such a statement is either of the two reasons
a. There was too much pressure from USA, that needed to be released.
b. Bajwa was trying to be more than his pay scale.

In my view, it wasn't necessarily (a)

just like an Army takes months to prepare for war ( mobilization doesn't take months, Point in case Kiani sahab's miracle)
Spares are kept in inventory; but should there be a spool up, please remember it takes a considerable amount of time to manufacture parts and engines too.

What Bajwa did was a mistake, it was not his place and not the time to issue any statement of that effect.
Fact that he did indeed offer such a statement is either of the two reasons
a. There was too much pressure from USA, that needed to be released.
b. Bajwa was trying to be more than his pay scale.

In my view, it wasn't necessarily (a)
Bajwa is a dumb ***

What he should have said.

Pakistan is against all aggression. We sympathise with the loss of all life and respect the Integrity of all nations. Pakistan has good relations with Russia and Ukraine and we will use our influence to help both countries settle this dispute without entering any camp.

What could the Yankees say yo that?

Bajwa is a dumb ***

What he should have said.

Pakistan is against all aggression. We sympathise with the loss of all life and respect the Integrity of all nations. Pakistan has good relations with Russia and Ukraine and we will use our influence to help both countries settle this dispute without entering any camp.

What could the Yankees say yo that?

True,
let this thread be for Iraqi information.

So long as the government in Iraq is managed remotely by USA, and locally by their regional managers,
They will make sure no money flows into Pakistan or China,
this includes oil etc, because eventually oil translates to money.

Iraq has the educational and engineering background to take up a JF17 partnership,
but it is very unlikely to happen.

Hi,

Russia was a losimg preposition from the gitgo.

The usa, here, you have to kearn how to talk about the usa and with usa.

Back
Top Bottom