What's new

Is a strong dictatorship better than a weak democracy?

VisionHawk

Reaction score
What do you think?,we have already seen the democratic era of Pakistan and let me tell you it didnot go pretty well and as we are seeing during mushuraf`s reign we have achieved a lot our economy is on the right track , more jobs opportunities have been created for the local people several developement projects have already been completed other are under progress status of pakistan in the international community has gotten better and we are also attracting foreign investors so what do you is a strong dictatorship better then a weak democracy or not?

Its not whether a dictatorship is better than a real democracy in Pakistan. The point is that 'real' democracy has provided results in other countries, so it can do the same in Pakistan. Pakistan got independence at the same time as India, ask yourselves why did the people allow dictatorship to take such deep roots in Pakistan.

Democracy provides excellent results, the question is whether you excercise it properly. The discussion on this topic is moot.

i bymistake wrote real democracy the real topic is "Is a strong dictatorship better than a weak democracy?". Comment now

democracy is better anyday. The abillity to choose the way your country is governmened is more important than what you make your country do. Citizens should be empowered, not generals.

Be it democercy of dictatorship, these things are nothing but laws. What matters is the right leader, look at china, they are communist, yet they are the next super power.

Representative government that can be held to account is better then a dictatorship that can not be changed.

Representative government that can be held to account is better then a dictatorship that can not be changed.

Democracy is the new world order. However Democracy has suffered in smaller developing or underdeveloped nations.

Dictatorship will never succeed.

If you look at China, there is a system in which leaders get replaced and chosen by a board, thats pretty OK, dictatorship is that one person rules with no accountability till he dies or is killed.
I would rather like the ability to vote for the man leading my nation. I take democracy any day, however if b/w the devil and sea, i think China's model is good.

Be it democercy of dictatorship, these things are nothing but laws. What matters is the right leader, look at china, they are communist, yet they are the next super power.

You should take time to read about the challenges China faces in its social structure.

Well i prefer to be ruled by someone whom the majority trusts,rather than give it to chance.

Democracy is the new world order. However Democracy has suffered in smaller developing or underdeveloped nations.

Dictatorship will never succeed.

first of all put democracy in UNO .then ask others, VETO equal to dictatorship

I would like to make some short comments on this post...
The more I read, the more I am forced to believe that the writer may have been the dictator himself, but than again, there is no short of those, whom have made a killing, under the dictator's watch. First, addressing a corrupt dictatator as "Sir" ..is that what you called as being "Neutral"? A suitable title should be a "Maha balli" or "Akbar-e-Azam" a crown prince or a Khalifa.
Second- and exactly who is responsible for the High Infaltion in your view? why the we are being on the brink of bankruptcy? if those economic policies were so great, then why Short-cut Aziz refused the dictator 3 times to come back and defend those policies? A four letter word would help understand the reasoning..." "FAIL"...
Please show some maturity, stop this group thinking mentality and come out of your la la land.

tx

If the choice was between a democracy where all bickered amongst each other and an authoritarian government like that which existed in Malaysia under Mahathir or in Singapore under Lee Kuan Yew most Bangladeshis would support the latter provided a dedicated and enlightened leader such as these could be found.

Back
Top Bottom