What's new

Is alcohol available for pakistani military personnel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian 8PM whisky Funny ad! :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
and wait till Eid when the devil be out of the bottle again :devil:

Last edited:
It is banned boss but iam sure if they want somehow they can get there hands on it ! atleast the senior ranks forusre! anyhow lets leave this topic for now! iam no mullah but it is our holy month wana keep it kosher if you know wat i mean! thx :no:

Alcohol is available for every one in Pakistan in every corner, city or village. imported or local made to desi.

I wonder why it should not be available for military personals!

If you are planning to travel to Pakistan you can bring it along with you or buy it at duty freeshop or order it in your room officialy.
Ok seriously i am still unable to comprehend what you both are trying to say since the start of this thread. What exactly is that which bothers you? Let's be clear! Alcohol is banned in Pakistan, BUT it is available everywhere. It's like drugs are banned everywhere in this world but they are also available everywhere! Let's leave the world aside and talk about Pakistan; tell me a category who dont drink here in Pakistan? i have seen businessmen taking a shot after successful meetings, i have seen police drowning the 'pain' with some liquid, i have seen college dudes (to include gals) washing it down with alcohol, if you have been following news you must be knowing what our politicians have been doing, you come to my village you would find the local made (poison) available, though you got to have links, dont you know what happens on Basant and Chand Raats? and marriages, and birthdays?! So dont try to be a kid and mock around. Alcohol though banned is available for those who want them!! And military is no exception to them, but fortunately i have yet to see my colleagues, my seniors and those who served under my command doing the f!lth. Yes, i dont know about their private lives (most of them i know), as i also dont know about your private life, i dont know what you do when you are away from PDF, so i can also accuse and allege! One of you claimed that Senior officers would be getting it easily, Sir, let me assure you keeping in view the accessiblity in Pakistan even a Sepoy would be able to get it, so talk something logical.

But one thing that i can tell you is that there is a difference if a civilian (politician, businessmen, police etc ) drinks and if a militarywala drinks as the kind of eye that is kept on militarymen is not done in the case of civilians.

BTW, let me help you out here in the end, if you think miliraymen are drinkers, the Navy and Coast Guards are the most potent claimant of this title as they have open access to such things, but i have a few Naval friends and know officers who have served in CGs, but not met anyone with this dirty property!!

i hope this would be enough to clear your doubts!

Ok seriously i am still unable to comprehend what you both are trying to say since the start of this thread. What exactly is that which bothers you? Let's be clear! Alcohol is banned in Pakistan, BUT it is available everywhere. It's like drugs are banned everywhere in this world but they are also available everywhere! Let's leave the world aside and talk about Pakistan; tell me a category who dont drink here in Pakistan? i have seen businessmen taking a shot after successful meetings, i have seen police drowning the 'pain' with some liquid, i have seen college dudes (to include gals) washing it down with alcohol, if you have been following news you must be knowing what our politicians have been doing, you come to my village you would find the local made (poison) available, though you got to have links, dont you know what happens on Basant and Chand Raats? and marriages, and birthdays?! So dont try to be a kid and mock around. Alcohol though banned is available for those who want them!! And military is no exception to them, but fortunately i have yet to see my colleagues, my seniors and those who served under my command doing the f!lth. Yes, i dont know about their private lives (most of them i know), as i also dont know about your private life, i dont know what you do when you are away from PDF, so i can also accuse and allege! One of you claimed that Senior officers would be getting it easily, Sir, let me assure you keeping in view the accessiblity in Pakistan even a Sepoy would be able to get it, so talk something logical.

But one thing that i can tell you is that there is a difference if a civilian (politician, businessmen, police etc ) drinks and if a militarywala drinks as the kind of eye that is kept on militarymen is not done in the case of civilians.

BTW, let me help you out here in the end, if you think miliraymen are drinkers, the Navy and Coast Guards are the most potent claimant of this title as they have open access to such things, but i have a few Naval friends and know officers who have served in CGs, but not met anyone with this dirty property!!

I think what reddy really whats know is ....Do pakistani military personnel have liquor quota ??? :what: In India soldiers are given liquor quota (even after retirement) and Most of them are pretty angry at the quota reduction is the case same in Pakistan ?
:cheers:

I think what reddy really whats know is ....Do pakistani military personnel have liquor quota ??? :what: In India soldiers are given liquor quota (even after retirement) and Most of them are pretty angry at the quota reduction is the case same in Pakistan ?

NO we do not have any quota of liquor for armed forces. We have clarified it time and again in this thread.

i think this question was answered in the very start of the thread. The fringing alcohol is banned in our country how can the military be given a quota for it? No there is no quota for the military and our men are not issued with this f!lth as part of the standard package rations.

NO we do not have any quota of liquor for armed forces. We have clarified it time and again in this thread.

i think this question was answered in the very start of the thread. The fringing alcohol is banned in our country how can the military be given a quota for it? No there is no quota for the military and our men are not issued with this f!lth as part of the standard package rations.

thank u for the clarification...In india military is the largest organised consumer of alcohol and its a pretty big problem here..

Military is top liquor guzzler

Last edited:

BTW, let me help you out here in the end, if you think militarily are drinkers, the Navy and Coast Guards are the most potent claimant of this title as they have open access to such things, but i have a few Naval friends and know officers who have served in CGs, but not met anyone with this dirty property!!

Fully agreed, the ratio or percentage of personnel drinking alcohol in armed forces in Pakistan is very low, it was high in old days but after the ban, nowadays the figure would most probably be in single digits.
In my time of army life, rarely would used to hear officers having a drink, those involved mostly used to be senior guys, relics of the 60s 70s & young guys would mostly be the ones who had tasted it before joining the armed forces, new entrants would used to be rare. Army has changed, its not the old one of 70s or 80s.

Plus the cost of alcohol is expensive, and a military man pay is not that enough to indulge in this luxury.

Are there only militarymen in Pakistan who drink? If the answer is no, then one must be ashamed of accusing someone unnecessarily!

The others haven't taken an oath to defend us in a time of crises..
Ive seen Musharraf Drunk and dancing in PC Peshawar with my own eyes when our jawans bodies were flooding CMH Peshawar. And this is when he wore the uniform.
for that matter Ive seen the ex nazim of Peshawar and current senator Mr Bilour who is affiliated with JI Drunk as well.
but Mr Bilour's decisions do not affect the security of our country and the lives of thousands of troops.
I have no issues with drunk generals and air marshals. As long as they do it in their own private time.. not when their judgment could be clouded.
I feel no shame in singling out either a politician,bureaucrat,technocrat or a precious general.
I will be however.. ashamed if these people are caught neglecting their duties because of their nighttime antics.

The others haven't taken an oath to defend us in a time of crises..
Ive seen Musharraf Drunk and dancing in PC Peshawar with my own eyes when our jawans bodies were flooding CMH Peshawar. And this is when he wore the uniform.
for that matter Ive seen the ex nazim of Peshawar and current senator Mr Bilour who is affiliated with JI Drunk as well.
but Mr Bilour's decisions do not affect the security of our country and the lives of thousands of troops.
I have no issues with drunk generals and air marshals. As long as they do it in their own private time.. not when their judgment could be clouded.
I feel no shame in singling out either a politician,bureaucrat,technocrat or a precious general.
I will be however.. ashamed if these people are caught neglecting their duties because of their nighttime antics.

i never knew our elected politicians, police officers and govt official were appointed without a 'oath'!!

And i also never knew that our elected politicians, police officers and govt official's decisions dont matter as far as thousands of Pakistanis are concerned!!

Yeah Santro you sure are a concerned Pakistani, too concerned i must say!!

As someone who dosen,t drink and also lives in a country where alcohol is common as bread I can see the effects of it on society.
Having visited pakistan about a year ago, I asked a few of my cousins (ranging from military staff to politicians) on what they would like from the UK as a present, the answers are as follows.....
Black Label
Chivas regal
Glenmoringie
Imperial Vodka
Jack daniels
oh yeah and an i-pod.

I had assumed that alcohol would have been banned, but on the contarary, it is commonly available in hotels (as a pretext for foreign guests and non muslims, although majority is consumed by locals). Rural pakistan also has it,s fair share of brewers whom usually kill a few punters in the process every year.

The most suprising thing which I discovered while in pakistan was that their is a brewery not very far from Islamabad, they produce Mauree Beer which apparantely sells all over pakistan ( I also heard the brewerey was opposite to the Musharaff family residence), another thing was that a whiskey ditillate can be found just outside karachi, this has supposidely been running since the british times and is also in the international whiskey guide.

( I also heard the brewerey was opposite to the Musharaff family residence)

What a keen observation i must say!

You mean that a legit and licensed brewery industry having a mill near Musharraf's house would be something to be worried about!?

i thnk nw its not any alcohol in military in this era...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom