What's new

Is Anyway to Counter the T-50 (PAK FA) jet fighters?

Hopeless thread topic and even more hopeless posts in this thread.

Both PAK-FA and the JXX are atleast 7 to 8 years away from active operations as per all the media reports that we have read.

Thats a long time and world military dynamics can really change by 2017/2018.

Either project could also suffer a setback and we will get delayed even more.

Really no point in creating useless scenarios as of now.

Both PAK-FA and the JXX are atleast 7 to 8 years away from active operations as per all the media reports that we have read.

i think that sums up the debate very nicely!

regards!

Russian PAK FA fifth generation is 10 years a head of the Chinease at least but 10 years behind USA.

Wishful thinking infact dream world to think the chinease can go and flight test a PAK FA low observable fighter TODAY.
I KNOW the chinease will be looking watching and learning looking at both PAK FA and in particular F22 but they are not at that level yet.

I expect to see no 5th generation fighter for PLAAF even flight tested til 2015-2017 and service UNTIL 2025

Maybe it can be done by using S400. But a problem for Pakistan. It is Russian not Chinese.

Can Pakistan really afford to buy 60-80 5th gen fighters I don't think so....

Maybe not the twin engined heavy fighters, but the speculation is that the J-XX program may include a lighter, single-engine fighter for export.

Sorry CHINA WILL NEVER GET PAK FA,
COZ india has invested $6 billion,into it,and if russia wanna sell it to any country,they have to ask india..
SO china has to dream of getting PAK FA

Learn the difference between PAK-FA and FGFA.

PAK-FA was being developed by Sukhoi for Russian air force since 2002.

Indians came onto the scene in 2007 and what they're paying for is FGFA - a derivative of PAK-FA.

So while China will never get FGFA, I'm sure it's still entirely up to the Russians to decide who gets PAK-FA.

the thing is how successfull will be china in making a 5th generation jet. they have not made any fighter jet up until now without significant help from Russians.
So I have some very serious doubts whether China can compete with Russian expertise in this area.

1. What, so the Russians helped design the JH-7A, JF-17 and J-10A/B?????
  2. And they did this knowing full well that once the Chinese have these, they won't by Russian planes such as MiG-29/35 etc?????

Russian PAK FA fifth generation is 10 years a head of the Chinease at least but 10 years behind USA.

How do you know, given that both planes PAK-FA and J-XX haven't gotten past the prototype stage?

Wishful thinking infact dream world to think the chinease can go and flight test a PAK FA low observable fighter TODAY.
I KNOW the chinease will be looking watching and learning looking at both PAK FA and in particular F22 but they are not at that level yet.

I expect to see no 5th generation fighter for PLAAF even flight tested til 2015-2017 and service UNTIL 2025

In terms of stealth, I'd say that both countries (Russia and China) are fairly equal since neither country has had any experience in stealth design shaping.

It will take long time for any third country other than USA and Russia to develop a fifth generation fighter. They have done lots of works in this area for last 25 years and came up with their respective fighters recently. For Pakistan F-35 is the nearest possibility. Europe may can but I think they are more interested in either more advanced EFT or F-35 or UCAV. China and India recently developed their own 4th generation fighters and with lots of foreign helps. It will take time for both of them to reach any where near USA. I think China will come up with their fifth generation fighter before India. But that will also take time.

It will take long time for any third country other than USA and Russia to develop a fifth generation fighter. They have done lots of works in this area for last 25 years and came up with their respective fighters recently. For Pakistan F-35 is the nearest possibility. Europe may can but I think they are more interested in either more advanced EFT or F-35 or UCAV. China and India recently developed their own 4th generation fighters and with lots of foreign helps. It will take time for both of them to reach any where near USA. I think China will come up with their fifth generation fighter before India. But that will also take time.

2010/11 will be a historic year for china's aviation

For Pakistan F-35 is the only possibility to have a technology edge over PAK FA.... JXX will no way will be powerful than PAKFA as china itself struggling with there 4th Generation figher

For all the glee regarding the suspension of the F-22's production line and the F-35's per unit cost, the Russian's PAK-FA project is in even worse financial speculation. That leave China as the better candidate to potentially field a near F-35 equivalent. But even so, people should understand that from a flying prototype to a production model, there are thousands of compromises in the move, leaving fair odds that the production model will not be as capable as Photochopped.

How do you know, given that both planes PAK-FA and J-XX haven't gotten past the prototype stage?

In terms of stealth, I'd say that both countries (Russia and China) are fairly equal since neither country has had any experience in stealth design shaping.

PAK-FA has already flown .Chinese plane hasnt.
everybody knows that China will make the stealth plane only issue is the time.I guess after 2015 it will field its 5th Gen plane

Learn the difference between PAK-FA and FGFA.

PAK-FA was being developed by Sukhoi for Russian air force since 2002.

Indians came onto the scene in 2007 and what they're paying for is FGFA - a derivative of PAK-FA.

So while China will never get FGFA, I'm sure it's still entirely up to the Russians to decide who gets PAK-FA.

Buddy half knowledge is danger for every one
Now India is partner in whole project not only FGFA

Back
Top Bottom