What's new

Is Anyway to Counter the T-50 (PAK FA) jet fighters?

Maybe not the twin engined heavy fighters, but the speculation is that the J-XX program may include a lighter, single-engine fighter for export.

Yar please come out from dream world
Till now j10b is not completed and you are talking about JXX

Yse Chinese are capable to make this but not in this decade

They are still not able to make engine for j10, j11 , importing those engines form russia

Just read this
Chinese AVIC Top Head admits the Poor Quality of Jet Engine|China Military Power Mashup

They are still not able to make engine for j10, j11 , importing those engines form russia

Just read this
Chinese AVIC Top Head admits the Poor Quality of Jet Engine|China Military Power Mashup

i bet some indian will still immerse in this news and post over and over again even if J-XX show up in front of your face some day

problem solved ,congrats

Last edited:
For all the glee regarding the suspension of the F-22's production line and the F-35's per unit cost, the Russian's PAK-FA project is in even worse financial speculation. That leave China as the better candidate to potentially field a near F-35 equivalent. But even so, people should understand that from a flying prototype to a production model, there are thousands of compromises in the move, leaving fair odds that the production model will not be as capable as Photochopped.

Can you elaborate on the bolded part.?

i bet some indian will still immersed in this news and post over and over again even if J-XX show up in your face some day

problem solved ,congrats

You are talking about some day
Other are sure that Jxx come before Pak Fa (and also batter)
but my question is how is this possible ???
Still j10b ?? dnt knw
Still using Russian engine that they develop before 1985

You are talking about some day
Other are sure that Jxx come before Pak Fa (and also batter)
but my question is how is this possible ???
Still j10b ?? dnt knw
Still using Russian engine that they develop before 1985

big deal ,most of russia's jet are also using 99M1 ,china invest $ in 99M2 project.we know the their progress

Last edited:

Just read this

sorry,it seems its you who is in your wet dream.To test your knowlege on aircraft engine,I will post something.If you can explain what is it,then maybe I have interest to disscuss the Chinese engine problem with you.
My question is:what is Bathtub curve,and how to use it to analyse the engine faillure rate?

sorry,it seems its you who is in your wet dream.To test your knowlege on aircraft engine,I will post something.If you can explain what is it,then maybe I have interest to disscuss the Chinese engine problem with you.
My question is:what is Bathtub curve,and how to use it to analyse the engine faillure rate?

Do you think i need your certificate :rofl::rofl:

Do you think i need your certificate :rofl::rofl:

If you want to talk about aircraft engine,then you need to know the basic knowlege how it works.Otherwise what do you want to gain from such a talk? Just troll?

If you want to talk about aircraft engine,then you need to know the basic knowlege how it works.Otherwise what do you want to gain from such a talk? Just troll?

First thing i am not a military expert
Second i am not talking about Chinese capabilities just replying to those who think that Jxx is ready before Pak FA or FGFA
And i think engine is important part of Aircraft after reading those previous source if China is not able to make engines that Russia made in early 90s so how can any one say that can make batter fighter compare to russia before russia make them

First thing i am not a military expert
Then dont post something you dont understand,that only makes you look stupid.
Second i am not talking about Chinese capabilities just replying to those who think that Jxx is ready before Pak FA or FGFA
Who knows? So far all of them are on prototype stage.
And i think engine is important part of Aircraft after reading those previous source if China is not able to make engines that Russia made in early 90s so how can any one say that can make batter fighter compare to russia before russia make them
Wrong.Its not about the question if China can produce the turbofan engine,but the reliability and how mature of its engine.I ALREADY give you the clue.Weibull and Risk analysis indicates that the WS10 is in the debugging region which means it will have high failure rate.It will need some years to get a stable failure rate.The USAF had the same problem on F100 engine in 1980s.Acturally if you Indians want to make the engine,you will face the same problem.
http://img.cjdby.com/attachments_cd/month_0912/09122612033397d0b96fc7af09.jpg

F-16 Losses
Aircraft, like other products, experience problems at the beginning and end of service life that are higher than in mainstream service. These higher beginning and ending failure rates are so well-recognized as to often be described as “bathtub curves”, so named for the shape the statistical failure rate curve takes. Air Force F-16 crash data are reflected in the Data Development Technical Support Document
for the Aircraft Crash Risk Analysis Methodology (ACRAM) Standard. The ACRAM data are based on four phases of flight: (1) takeoff; (2) landing; (3) normal flight; and (4) special operations. The Air Force mishap data did not separate the mishaps into the four phases of flight and the ACRAM report did not divide the data into Class A and Class B type occurrences. On this premise, and including all years through 2003, the value for the F-16 crash rate is 4.10 x 10-8 per mile. But the Air Force records overall crash data in terms of crashes per hour of flight.

An F-16C assigned to the 160th Fighter Squadron, 187th Fighter Wing, AL ANG, Montgomery ANGB, Montgomery, AL, was destroyed upon impact 1,300 feet short of the runway at the Bobby L. Chain Municipal Airport, Hattiesburg, MS, on September 11, 2002 during a basic surface attack training sortie. The pilot ejected safely and received minor injuries. Air Force investigators later determined engine failure to have caused the crash, specifically the failure of the high pressure turbine post, allowing the HPT blades to break free and damage the engine.

An F-16 Fighting Falcon jet assigned to the 310th Fighter Squadron at Luke AFB, AZ, crashed at about 5:15 pm, on June 10, 2003, on the Barry M. Goldwater Range approximately 15 miles south of Gila Bend. The aircraft was carrying training ordnance. The pilot safely ejected from the aircraft while on an air-to-ground training mission.

A USAF F-16CG fighter aircraft crashed at approximately 6:30 a.m. local time on June 12, 2003, southwest of Baghdad. The aircraft was flying from a forward-deployed air base in Southwest Asia supporting operations in Iraq. The pilot ejected safely from the single-seat aircraft and was later rescued.

There were 122 F-16 Class A mishap accidents for the period from FY 89 to FY 98. These accidents consisted of mishaps involving destroyed aircraft. A total of 272 F-16 aircraft had been destroyed from the introduction of the F-16 in 1975 to 2003. F-16 manufacturer Lockheed Martin determined that half of Class A F-16 accidents were caused by pilot error.

As the F-16 approaches the end of its service life, it may well demonstrate the high crash rate characteristic of end of life performance. The “bathtub effect” may occur over the life of some products. But as of 2003 the crash data for the F-16 were not yet showing it. To be sure, when the F-16 was first put into service, it experienced a crash rate higher than later in its lifetime. But as of 2003 there had been no perceptible upturn in crash rate as end of life approaches. Accident rates appeared to have been level over time since the mid-1980s. This occurrence was attributed to improvements in pilot training, technology, and maintenance practices and procedures over the life of the aircraft. Indeed, Air Force data indicate that aggregate crash rates for all planes have steadily decreased over time.

In fact, careful examination of F-16 crash rates, in particular that of the F-16A which was the first of the F-16 models to be retired from service, as well as the crash rates of other recently retired fighter aircraft at the ends of their service lives, showed no end-of-life bathtub effect. The crash rates have remained the same near end of life or decreased with time. Particularly instructive is the end of life crash rate for the F-16A. The F-16A was the first model of the F-16. Most of them had been retired by 2003, and over the previous five years, the five-year and ten-year average accident rates for the F-16A remained flat. Thus, the F-16A did not exhibit a bathtub effect and there was no reason to believe that other models of the F-16 will exhibit a bathtub effect.

Discuss this article in our forum.
F-16 Losses

Last edited:
Can Pakistan really afford to buy 60-80 5th gen fighters I don't think so....
China producing its own 5 th gen fighter will force India to procure/produce more FGFA to maintain the military edge....

What are you, our defense minister??

are you people suffering from Alter Ego? :toast_sign:

Sukhoi Su-47 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]
Mikoyan Project 1.44 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are able to make much much much batter engine than you
Aesa radar is also a big factor of 5th gen engine .. where is yours ??
Internal way weapons for stealth .. russia already test that in past ... where you are ???

After asking ""Who knows? So far all of them are on prototype stage.""
you sound stupid not me

Wrong.Its not about the question if China can produce the turbofan engine,but the reliability and how mature of its engine.I ALREADY give you the clue.Weibull and Risk analysis indicates that the WS10 is in the debugging region which means it will have high failure rate.It will need some years to get a stable failure rate.The USAF had the same problem on F100 engine in 1980s.Acturally if you Indians want to make the engine,you will face the same problem.
http://img.cjdby.com/attachments_cd/month_0912/09122612033397d0b96fc7af09.jpg

Agree with you point but if till now this problem not sort out so how can you develop engine for Jxx so early???
[/QUOT

Want the bottom line.

The T-50 is not meant to be a direct rival for the F-22, because the Russian aircraft is not as stealthy. But if the maneuverability and advanced electronics live up to the promises, the aircraft would be more than a match for every fighter out there except the F-22. If such an T-50 was sold for well under $100 million each, there would be a lot of buyers. Russia says it will begin production, and sales, in five years. That may be too ambitious, but for the moment, the T-50 is the only potential competitor for the F-22 in development. But, as with the F-22, development expenses are increasing, and it looks like the T-50 will cost at least $120 each (including a share of the development cost), but only if 500 or more are manufactured. Only 182 F-22s were built because of the high cost. American developers are now seeking to apply their stealth, and other, technologies, to the development of combat UAVs. Thus by the time the T-50 enters service, in 5-10 years, it may already be made obsolete by cheaper, unmanned, stealthy fighters.

Stealthy Robots Stalk The T-50

Back
Top Bottom