What's new

Is India a beautiful country.

Yes no doubt but Indians should be more aware about how to protect nature's treasures because they are destroying it even though they don't know where should they throw trash, forests are public toilets...etc etc

What you are saying is that Indians don't have a sense of pride in their country?

This is confusing, I don't get it, don't Indians have pride in their country? I hear it all the time that India is beautiful, they are proud of India, but yet you are telling me something different?

But what about the educated? What about the citizens? Don't they realize that they can spread diseases etc by doing this? I am sure not everyone in India is uneducated, so why can;t they do something?

It's a sort of mob mentality.

If that guy didn't do that, neither should I

It's a sort of mob mentality.

If that guy didn't do that, neither should I

But are they trying to change this mentality? It's a disgraceful mentality to have, it means they don't love their country and there is no pride in India as a country?

You doing any better ?

54fc34b53d39b.jpg

41 million people do not have access to toilets in Pakistan.

But when you see those incredible India ad's, it's like India is a beautiful country.

You doing any better ?

54fc34b53d39b.jpg

41 million people do not have access to toilets in Pakistan.

LOL that is during Imran Khans Islamabad protest where they INSTALLED toilets for protestors you idiot. That goes against your trolling motive

And those 41 million are villagers who have no option other than doing it outside. Unlike Indians where more than half doesn't have toilets

LOL that is during Imran Khans Islamabad protest where they INSTALLED toilets for protestors you idiot. That goes against your trolling motive

And those 41 million are villagers who have no option other than doing it outside. Unlike Indians where more than half doesn't have toilets
Shared the report in the post above. Go blame Dawn the news paper.

Just saw the ad on youtube wow India is gorgeous, but is it like that ad? Or is that ad just lies?

More than 40m Pakistanis defecate openly: Unicef

Sigh* This mud slinging will not suit me. It's a problem that most of South Asia needs to solve. It is mainly due to population explosion and unplanned development of town and cities.

And nearly half of India's 1.2 billion people have no toilet at home.

The lack of toilets and preference for open defecation is a cultural issue.

Mahatma Gandhi, India's greatest leader, had, in the words of a biographer, a "Tolstoyian preoccupation with sanitation and cleaning of toilets". Once he inspected toilets in the city of Rajkot in Gujarat. He reported that they were "dark and stinking and reeking with filth and worms" in the homes of the wealthy and in a Hindu temple. The homes of the untouchables simply had no toilets. "Latrines are for you big people," an untouchable told Gandhi.

Many years later when Gandhi began encouraging his disciples to work as sanitation officers and scavengers in villages, his diligent secretary and diarist Madhav Desai noted the attitudes of villagers. "They don't have any feeling at all," he wrote. "It will not be surprising if within a few days they start believing that we are their scavengers."

India's enduring shame is clearly rooted in cultural attitudes. More than half a century after Independence, many Indians continue to relieve themselves in the open and litter unhesitatingly, but keep their homes spotlessly clean. Yes, the state has failed to extend sanitation facilities, but people must also take the blame.

Source: BBC

Back
Top Bottom