What's new

Is It Time To Leave Pakistan? Ft. Syed Muzamil Hasan

I know many highly educated people in Pakistan. The thing they all have in common is that some have left and others are planning on leaving Pakistan.

He is describing factual situation. Great Share.
Thank you !!

Why do you think people agree to join a podcast ?

It is because they have something to say; that doesn't necessarily imply it may always be
worth listening to.

Your argument, is a logical fallacy, based on the pattern " London is UK's capital; thus Superman is from Punjab"
Absolute nonsense again. So is journalism absolutely worthless and all mass media should shut down? You declared him a failure without providing any evidence to back up that baseless claim. There's no reason for highly successful and productive people to show up on his podcast if they consider him a failure. According to the founder of a VC firm called i2i Ventures, his podcast played a huge role in a startup getting funding from i2i Ventures as they were able to discover this startup through TBT and figured that they can add value to this startup and vice versa. If this isn't considered creating value then I don't know what is. And this is just one example of his podcast creating value. You can continue to bury your head in the sand if it makes you sleep well while TBT and platforms alike continue to create value.

People cannot keep leaving the country. At a certain point, other countries will stop your kind from coming for various reasons.

Leaving the country is precisely why this country's problems haven't been solved yet. Because tackling these problems require courage and running is much easier, it requires hopelessness, cowardice, laziness.

Iran, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, and other countries similar to where Pakistan was have shown that with education, patience, and a hard-working population that doesn't run, challenges can be overcome.

There were times in US history when not all was golden. Mobs controlled blocks of territory and their weapons rendered police useless. Eventually FBI was created to capture them amd restore order. Look at gang violence, school shootings, etc. You can't just keep running.

Imran has shown it can be done. He has shown by bringing Pakistans exports & remittances to the highest they have ever been, that Pakistan can eventually earn more then it spends. It can break out of IMF begging cycle. He has shown that like India or Vietnam, Pakistan can assemble or manufacture smart phones.

Imran has shown that he can unite different ethnic groups at risk of separatism under Pakistan. He has shown that his popularity can shut down streets and stop police & rangers from enforcing PDM's banana republic.

The youth have shown that they are not corrupt like the babus of the previous generation. The youth have created startups that have attracted attention from other parts of the world. Given enough time, Pakistan can build a strong IT hub.

The key is to stop depending on messiahs like Imran. It's unfair to depend on one man. You should still support him, but be independent. Look internally into what you can do? What skills do you have? Find ways to make money as even that will help the country. With these skills & money, can you educate others? Can you create political awareness campaigns against PDM as there are still a ton who vote for them?

no you havent, still talking/worried about more than the country you settled in
I have my family over there so obviously I am worried. Besides, I am not like our Generals and politicians who have totally given up.

Flag revision for location needed. :D

I am past any grudges. I am at a point in my life where I have the luxury (and the obligation) to speak out the truth, no matter how uncomfortable it might be for others to hear. That is not my problem anymore. :D

Starts with C and ends with A.

People cannot keep leaving the country. At a certain point, other countries will stop your kind from coming for various reasons.

Leaving the country is precisely why this country's problems haven't been solved yet. Because tackling these problems require courage and running is much easier, it requires hopelessness, cowardice, laziness.

Iran, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, and other countries similar to where Pakistan was have shown that with education, patience, and a hard-working population that doesn't run, challenges can be overcome.

There were times in US history when not all was golden. Mobs controlled blocks of territory and their weapons rendered police useless. Eventually FBI was created to capture them amd restore order. Look at gang violence, school shootings, etc. You can't just keep running.

Imran has shown it can be done. He has shown by bringing Pakistans exports & remittances to the highest they have ever been, that Pakistan can eventually earn more then it spends. It can break out of IMF begging cycle. He has shown that like India or Vietnam, Pakistan can assemble or manufacture smart phones.

Imran has shown that he can unite different ethnic groups at risk of separatism under Pakistan. He has shown that his popularity can shut down streets and stop police & rangers from enforcing PDM's banana republic.

The youth have shown that they are not corrupt like the babus of the previous generation. The youth have created startups that have attracted attention from other parts of the world. Given enough time, Pakistan can build a strong IT hub.

The key is to stop depending on messiahs like Imran. It's unfair to depend on one man. You should still support him, but be independent. Look internally into what you can do? What skills do you have? Find ways to make money as even that will help the country. With these skills & money, can you educate others? Can you create political awareness campaigns against PDM as there are still a ton who vote for them?
Just look at us. We still continue to depend on some messiah to come and save us. AZ1 is the finest example of this. We need to question each and every policy and must do enough research on them.

Pakistan is not the only country in the world with problems. I can assure you of that...In fact I believe Gen Z is khasee as well.

There will always be a welcome mat for those with the right sets of skills. Always.

There will always be a welcome mat for those with the right sets of skills. Always.
Many Pakistanis don't have the right sets of skills and many are mistaken that if they migrate they will start earning 6 figure salary from day one. Here in Canada all your foreign degrees and credentials mean nothing. Be prepared to go back to school or work at Tim Hortons, Amazon or drive an Uber which I doubt Pakistanis will do because their egos are too big to handle.

Many Pakistanis don't have the right sets of skills and many are mistaken that if they migrate they will start earning 6 figure salary from day one. Here in Canada all your foreign degrees and credentials mean nothing. Be prepared to go back to school or work at Tim Hortons, Amazon or drive an Uber which I doubt Pakistanis will do because their egos are too big.

Toronto is full of officers and professionals driving Ubers and making kebabs. It depends on the degree of desperation. Only the first generation has the major difficulties.

Just look at us. We still continue to depend on some messiah to come and save us. AZ1 is the finest example of this. We need to question each and every policy and must do enough research on them.
Have you ever look yourself? yeah purana pakista. is very good 45% inflation and here you are saying your question about pti policy were good.

We dont need messiah but look what your type of guys done to a a person who was doing good for country and now you can make 20 such threads wouldnt make a difference because when the time was right you were thinking yourself some sort of expert in economy and policy making.

So when is your next thread coming about leaving pakistan rather than fixing pakistan.

Keep listening GEO tv and journalist rather than facts and pakistan wouldnt progress nor you would come back.

Where is your policy questions threads now? Pakistan only problem is their people hypocrisy, never satisfying greed, never happy and na shukri qoom.

Last edited:
Toronto is full of officers and professionals driving Ubers and making kebabs. It depends on the degree of desperation. Only the first generation has the major difficulties.
Yes and no. At the end of the day they get frustrated with their jobs and eventually sell off their real estate in Pakistan to invest in the Canadian real estate which is nothing but a bubble about to burst. As a legal professional I deal with all sorts of people and I can honestly say Pakistanis here are no different than ones in Pakistan. While they bad mouth corruption in Pakistan, they are indulging in same practices here. I guess the only difference between where you live and I live is that the second and third generation of Canadian Pakistanis have retained their culture perhaps due to less white people living in urban areas. Often you'll find 10-15 people living jointly in the same bloody house and the easy and lazy lifestyle their parents were accustomed to is still carrying on and there is absolutely no responsibility or ambition to do anything in life.

Back
Top Bottom