What's new

Is ‘Make In India’ working? India to get leftovers as China challenges electronics manufacturing gia

Last edited:
China dosen't trust India and India doesn't trust China, that's very obvious, I don't know what Indians want to prove otherwise.

Again this all look like assembly and not tech. transfer and innovation(starting the assembly of printed circuit boards (PCBs), Foxconn, the Taiwanese giant will certainly go for make in India, with caveats though.
Yes, it is assembly and it will bring more surface mounted PCB manufacturing work and related technology in India adding up the local value add. PCB manufacturing is certainly one step ahead of what we are doing. You don't go from zero local manufacturing to full fabrication of chips in two years or so.

China dosen't trust India and India doesn't trust China, that's very obvious, I don't know what Indians want to prove otherwise.
The point that it bothers China that India does not endorse its BRI and participate it due to lack of trust. The fallacy in your statement is that it does not matter to China if India does not trust it.

The point that it bothers China that India does not endorse its BRI and participate it due to lack of trust. The fallacy in your statement is that it does not matter to China if India does not trust it.
Belive me, we know what bothers us and what you mentioned is not one of them.

The world’s largest contract manufacturer, also the biggest contract manufacturer for phones in India, has acquired machinery that enables surface mounting on PCBs from the now-defunct Nokia plant in Sriperumbudur, near Chennai.

Nokia was doing the same shik (surface mounting) when they last got shut down.
What difference would this new transaction (Foxconn) make?
Even the Microsoft did not resume such operations in India after acquiring the Nokia.
Back to square one.

Lol

Indians are busy showing off despite the obvious setbacks:

Indian companies have scrapped projects worth $117 billion in just one year
And this graph wherein even the Philippines is ahead of fastest growing economy aka India:

proxy.php

You trust means nothing to us, you don't trust us and we don't trust you, the feeling's mutual, you think too much about what India thinks affects this world. what US and China think may affect this world more than what India thinks.

What china does affect this world, what India thinks affect this world.

China is an economic leader, India is a thought leader.

Belive me, we know what bothers us and what you mentioned is not one of them.
I do not believe you, I believe in your government's actions. Those are much more easy to verify. And those actions tell me that they want India to join BRI and endorse China's position as leader. They want India to trust China. Not going to happen anytime soon!

Yes, it is assembly and it will bring more surface mounted PCB manufacturing work and related technology in India adding up the local value add. PCB manufacturing is certainly one step ahead of what we are doing. You don't go from zero local manufacturing to full fabrication of chips in two years or so.

Right...no doubt. Foxconn is the single largest employer in mainland China; there are 1.3 million people on its payroll. Worldwide, among corporations, only Walmart and McDonald's employ more.

“Companies like Xiaomi and HMD Global will benefit, as they won't have to increase prices, while others who will continue to import PCBs will have to raise prices of mobile phones,” said Navkendar Singh, research director at International Data Corporation (IDC) India.

Right...no doubt. Foxconn is the single largest employer in mainland China; there are 1.3 million people on its payroll. Worldwide, among corporations, only Walmart and McDonald's employ more.

“Companies like Xiaomi and HMD Global will benefit, as they won't have to increase prices, while others who will continue to import PCBs will have to raise prices of mobile phones,” said Navkendar Singh, research director at International Data Corporation (IDC) India.

So if Foxconn moves to India, it will be devastating to china.

Not exactly, China is moving up in value chain of manufacturing.

Actually thats the entire idea. Xiaomi etc are having biggest market share in India.

It's already there in PCB's assembly...will help Chinese companies like Xiaomi and HMD Global to sell more Chinese phones in India..this is the beauty of globalisation...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom