What's new

Is Veena Malik a threat to Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not muslims who abolished sati it was raja ram mohan roy and the british.

i was just replying to the query that Islam was the first religon to give women rights but in fact Islam was the first religon in middle east to give women rights.

Between none of the scriptures talk about sati it was a practise adopted and had nothing to do with hindusism.

HAHA

one of the things the British are so good at doing is this propaganda as to how they improved India during their occupation of it...

Dear... Tell me one case of Sati documented done under Muslim rulers...

The British destroyed India... they have done nothing good for it

As for Hinduism giving women rights... Hinduism does not even give men proper rights... Dear, think about it... after all it is part of Hinduism to believe that Shoodra were made from the foot of God... thus the lowest caste?

It is strange, talk of rights in a social system based on mythology which justifies castes of humans that God created equal...

HAHA

one of the things the British are so good at doing is this propaganda as to how they improved India during their occupation of it...

Humayun issued a royal fiat against sati, which he later withdrew.

Akbar required that permission be granted by his officials, and these officials were instructed to delay the woman's decision for as long as possible. The reasoning was that she was less likely to chose to die once the emotions of the moment had passed. In the reign of Shah Jahan, widows with children were not allowed in any circumstances to burn. In other cases governors did not readily give permission, but could be bribed to do so[32]. Later on in the Mughal period, pensions, gifts and rehabilitative help were offered to the potential sati to wean her away from committing the act. Children were strictly forbidden from the practice. The later Moghuls continued to put obstacles in the way but the practice carried on in the areas outside their capitals.

The strongest attempts to control it were made by Aurangzeb. In 1663, he "issued an order that in all lands under Mughal control, never again should the officials allow a woman to be burnt"[33]. In spite of such attempts however, the practice continued, especially in conditions of war and upheaval.

Sati practice: Encyclopedia II - Sati practice - Suppression

None of them were able to stop it it was only british and the efforts of raja rammohan roy that it was abolished.

From about 1812, the Bengali reformer Raja Rammohan Roy started his own campaign against the practice. He was motivated by the experience of seeing his own sister-in-law being forced to commit sati. Among his actions, he visited Calcutta cremation grounds to persuade widows not to so die, formed watch groups to do the same, and wrote and disseminated articles to show that it was not required by scripture.
On 4 December 1829, the practice was formally banned in the Bengal Presidency lands, by the then governor, Lord William Bentinck. The ban was challenged in the courts, and the matter went to the Privy Council in London, but was upheld in 1832. Other company territories also banned it shortly after. Although the original ban in Bengal was fairly uncompromising, later in the century British laws include provisions that provided mitigation for murder when "the person whose death is caused, being above the age of 18 years, suffers death or takes the risk of death with his own consent".[55]
Sati remained legal in some princely states for a time after it had been abolished in lands under British control. Jaipur, banned the practice in 1846.[59] Nepal continued to practice Sati well into the 20th century. On the Indonesian island of Bali, sati was practised by the aristocracy as late as 1905, until Dutch colonial rule pushed for its termination.[60]

For some reason, reading posts on this thread, I m thinking of the British tying us Indians in front of cannons and firing them!!!

Maybe subconsciously, I am thinking of similar fate for this woman...

toba toba... My subconscious scares me at times...

For some reason, reading posts on this thread, I m thinking of the British tying us Indians in front of cannons and firing them!!!

Maybe subconsciously, I am thinking of similar fate for this woman...

toba toba... My subconscious scares me at times...
--------deleted---------
oops misinterpreted for you were saying about me. It was about veena malik hehehehe

Humayun issued a royal fiat against sati, which he later withdrew.

Akbar required that permission be granted by his officials, and these officials were instructed to delay the woman's decision for as long as possible. The reasoning was that she was less likely to chose to die once the emotions of the moment had passed. In the reign of Shah Jahan, widows with children were not allowed in any circumstances to burn. In other cases governors did not readily give permission, but could be bribed to do so[32]. Later on in the Mughal period, pensions, gifts and rehabilitative help were offered to the potential sati to wean her away from committing the act. Children were strictly forbidden from the practice. The later Moghuls continued to put obstacles in the way but the practice carried on in the areas outside their capitals.

The strongest attempts to control it were made by Aurangzeb. In 1663, he "issued an order that in all lands under Mughal control, never again should the officials allow a woman to be burnt"[33]. In spite of such attempts however, the practice continued, especially in conditions of war and upheaval.

Sati practice: Encyclopedia II - Sati practice - Suppression

None of them were able to stop it it was only british and the efforts of raja rammohan roy that it was abolished.

From about 1812, the Bengali reformer Raja Rammohan Roy started his own campaign against the practice. He was motivated by the experience of seeing his own sister-in-law being forced to commit sati. Among his actions, he visited Calcutta cremation grounds to persuade widows not to so die, formed watch groups to do the same, and wrote and disseminated articles to show that it was not required by scripture.
On 4 December 1829, the practice was formally banned in the Bengal Presidency lands, by the then governor, Lord William Bentinck. The ban was challenged in the courts, and the matter went to the Privy Council in London, but was upheld in 1832. Other company territories also banned it shortly after. Although the original ban in Bengal was fairly uncompromising, later in the century British laws include provisions that provided mitigation for murder when "the person whose death is caused, being above the age of 18 years, suffers death or takes the risk of death with his own consent".[55]
Sati remained legal in some princely states for a time after it had been abolished in lands under British control. Jaipur, banned the practice in 1846.[59] Nepal continued to practice Sati well into the 20th century. On the Indonesian island of Bali, sati was practised by the aristocracy as late as 1905, until Dutch colonial rule pushed for its termination.[60]

Try to do better next time than "wikipedia" please...

I can hardly find references to the quoted material... Unreliable garbage...

She is one attention seeking lady nothing more. its her personal choices how she wanna live. she aint hurting others what she is doing is for herself.

but those who consider her a threat are definetly a threat to islam.

lo ji, Islam ke expert ah gaye!

She is very much a threat to Islam, if being half nude on TV is what a person calls modern values and open mindedness than he/she seriously needs to be checked up!

She is character less no doubt!! WHat language do you expect for her?

Threat for Islam? I dont know. Maybe real threat to Islam is extremism and lack of openness to modern values that evolved post muhammad. WHich brings it to direct confrontation with other religions. Just my personal opinion

so in order for Islam to be open to modern values our women and men should start being naked on television and start dancing like we're some strippers or something am i right?

HAHA

As for Hinduism giving women rights... Hinduism does not even give men proper rights... Dear, think about it... after all it is part of Hinduism to believe that Shoodra were made from the foot of God... thus the lowest caste?

It is strange, talk of rights in a social system based on mythology which justifies castes of humans that God created equal...[

now where it says the shudras were made from feet of god. its just a myth the divison of society was based on the work one does not by birth. the wrong notion which got propogated in the hindu society is getting removed day by day.
but are we discussing the shudras :no:
we are discussing that islam was the first to give women rights like right to property and others.

I think Pakistan is going backwards in time, instead of going forward. Veena Malik has received support from her grandmother, she encourage her. Whereas new generation Pakistani's deemed film industry unsuitable for girls.

Yes Pakistan is going backwards because we consider being nude on TV as immoral and inappropriate!

I wonder of indians in the future will walk completely naked?

lo ji, Islam ke expert ah gaye!

She is very much a threat to Islam, if being half nude on TV is what a person calls modern values and open mindedness than he/she seriously needs to be checked up!

is she doing something which is against law? neither in your nation nor in mine. she is governed by the laws of the nations not by the islamic laws. but when the fundamentals pass on their judgements and issue some nonsense fatwas which have nothing to do with the government agencies over and all it ruins the image of Islam.

A girl sleeping with a random man in a same sleeping bag is not considered "moving forward" in our religion. Our religion teaches us to respect women and not to see them as sexual object.
Pakistanis have supported PAF female pilots which is a pride not something like selling your body for money.

bro you have to understand that in india its completely normal for a women to sleep with strangers, that is how india will "move forward" and become "modern"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom