What's new

ISI to have more civilians at the top

By Inducting civilians in ISI can enhance capabilities of intelligence agency in many factors. For example if you want to create finance Division in ISI to monitor black money and money laundering then you need expertise related to finance, Audit and Economy which you can never find in Pakistan Defence Forces. Similarly if you want to create Cyber Intel Division then you need top professionals with decades of experience in Cyber security and Information technology etc.
I appreciate this step and ISI should induct more professionals without outsourcing their departments to minimize risk.
Intelligence agencies has internal and secretive audit division. And all is secret and undisclosed. We never heard any premier agency budget been disclosed.

There should be one DG and other 3 should work under him. And yes I agree with one member who said that Pakistan need professionals in cyber security, etc field which I'm sure Army might not have.

Intelligence agencies has internal and secretive audit division. And all is secret and undisclosed. We never heard any premier agency budget been disclosed.
I am not referring to monitor ISI internal budget and Inflow. I am giving example with respect to monitor Terror Funding, HAwala Money, Transfer of funds and black money. A person who have vast experience in Banking, Chartered accountant can investigate or head this group better then a military personnel.

I am not referring to monitor ISI internal budget and Inflow. I am giving example with respect to monitor Terror Funding, HAwala Money, Transfer of funds and black money. A person who have vast experience in Banking, Chartered accountant can investigate or head this group better then a military personnel.
Pakistan need to follow the US policy. They even shutdown any financial institution once they even find suspicious money trail. They don't care how big is a bank. Habib Bank NY is one most recent example.

Pakistan need to follow the US policy. They even shutdown any financial institution once they even find suspicious money trail. They don't care how big is a bank. Habib Bank NY is one most recent example.
We have open borders with Afghanistan and it is not very difficult for terror organisations to provide their workers funds. I have given a single example but of you want to monitor Internet traffic of all Internet service providers of all companies then what will they do?
Obviously a professional like me can provide better solution for this task not any military professional from tri services. For example they hired me for a project on temporary basis but what will they do if any modification or up gradation required then they will call me again. Totally dependent on me and if i became anti national i can bring wrath upon them within minutes.

Relax ............. I am sure these won't be like appointing Chairman of PIA, Election Commission or SECP etc. A strong organisation / institute itself will have greater say and its own mechanisms to promote and clear people to undertake different roles. Vetting and verification is a routine process else Pakistan's many strategic secrets are in hands of civilians. Its good if they are decreasing their reliance on outsourced manpower, being permanent part of an organisation and recognition has its own positive affects .......... increased loyalty, mental satisfaction, better team work, greater coordination, sense of serving the greater cause and high productivity. The only thing that matters is thorough training and better robust vetting process.

if they need a think tank i am ready to join them

Please channel our thoughts to them too....

Well, this is certainly a move to welcome.

It should be known that intelligence agencies around the world operate as civilian institutions and actually draw their agents/empoyees from the civilian populace rather than cherry-picking them from the military,this includes the CIA which requires applicants to have at least a bachelor's degree with a 3.0 GPA, others that employ civilians include the Mossad,MI6 and even our beloved R.A.W.

Also, other nations are careful to keep their intelligence agecies under their control and supervision rather than giving them a free-hand to create a "Political Wing" to manipulate national politics(see:https://www.dawn.com/news/331357).

But still, these civilian appointments might end up rotting the ISI like the rest of our civilian institutions such as the police or customs,but may God forbid this from happening.
As for RAW, I think it's always headed by an ex-Police officer - a bad cop is the closest "criminal mind" you get in the street apart from the gangster....

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you even know what this Agency is & what it stands for?
Do you even know what Civilians in this agency have done for the country?
Do you even know that your entire Strategic Organization is run by Civilians? & I mean SPD, NESCOM, AWC, etc .... do remind me how man secrets were sold off by civilian officials in this organizations ---
Not every tom dick & harry gets to work in ISI, heck the recruitment procedure demands such a calibre that even your Army Officers might not be able to clear that procedure ----
there are hundreds of Contract employees working in the Agency performing technical roles at the rank of BPS 18, those guys will get nothing at the end of their service & yet they are working tirelessly ---- there are civilian field operatives doing tremendous job while conducting IBOs, Surveillance ...... so please give some credit where its due
Exactly.

In a thread which has nothing to do with india.

One indian arsehole pops up and starts moaning about ajit gandus n whatever without any reason.

Sukoon kar chutiye.
I really love your posts. Very entertaining. A treat to read. Also some of your signatures. Now I will make it a point to specifically search for your posts.

@Kaptaan

I really love your posts. Very entertaining. A treat to read. Also some of your signatures. Now I will make it a point to specifically search for your posts.

@Kaptaan
Me as well. Should @DESERT FIGHTER ever get bored of law he has a assured future as a comedian. I also enjoy his post. Fast, racy, to the point. Regulary delivering 'knockouts'.

And another note I have a second cousin in the ISI who joined as civilian in late 1980s.

Me as well. Should @DESERT FIGHTER ever get bored of law he has a assured future as a comedian. I also enjoy his post. Fast, racy, to the point. Regulary delivering 'knockouts'.

And another note I have a second cousin in the ISI who joined as civilian in late 1980s.
Jimmy Carr is the best comedian ever from UK..

Watch this ;

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom