What's new

ISI urged SA not to fund Nawaz: WikiLeaks

S.M.R

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
9-3-2011_21996_l.jpg

KARACHI: ISI asked Saudi Arabia not to fund Nawaz Sharif for his election campaign, a secret cable of 2008 revealed.

According to WikiLeaks, National Security Adviser Tariq Aziz told Asif Zardari that after being elected as a prime minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi could challenge his authority, as Zardari was considering Qureshi as a PPP candidate for prime minister.

Aziz told US Ambassador Anne Patterson on February 15 that Saudi Arabia has provided heavy funds to Nawaz Sharif for his election campaign in order to defeat Pakistan Peoples' Party.

In the same meeting, he also told Patterson that ISI requested Saudi Ambassador to stop funding Nawaz Sharif. He also told the Saudi Ambassador that by doing so, the pact between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia will be violated in case Sharif returns to Pakistan.

I thought SA just funded the madressas, but it funds Political parties too, amazing.
Reminds me when Mustafa Kamal said, Nawaz Sharif is Mullah without beard :lol:

9-3-2011_21996_l.jpg

KARACHI: ISI asked Saudi Arabia not to fund Nawaz Sharif for his election campaign, a secret cable of 2008 revealed.

According to WikiLeaks, National Security Adviser Tariq Aziz told Asif Zardari that after being elected as a prime minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi could challenge his authority, as Zardari was considering Qureshi as a PPP candidate for prime minister.

Aziz told US Ambassador Anne Patterson on February 15 that Saudi Arabia has provided heavy funds to Nawaz Sharif for his election campaign in order to defeat Pakistan Peoples' Party.

In the same meeting, he also told Patterson that ISI requested Saudi Ambassador to stop funding Nawaz Sharif. He also told the Saudi Ambassador that by doing so, the pact between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia will be violated in case Sharif returns to Pakistan.

I thought SA just funded the madressas, but it funds Political parties too, amazing.
Reminds me when Mustafa Kamal said, Nawaz Sharif is Mullah without beard :lol:

They have Mountain loads of money..........and Nawaz has been their favorite for a long time.......if you have money...you can easily buy alliances in countries with political instability like Pakistan......they even help fund our nuclear program.....so army wasn't alone either.....

ISI should tell the RSA royal family not to interfere in our internal politics. Our politicos dont need effing up they manage to do it quite well without external assistance

What is the business of the ISI here?

And then people say the ISI is too professional to get into politics... all rubbish.

What is the business of the ISI here?

And then people say the ISI is too professional to get into politics... all rubbish.

Stop playing cute ISI is within its rights to tel foreign powers to stop interfering in our domestic politics.

Somebody give wiki some silicon so it can stop leaking that foul gutter!

You are quite vociferous!

Now detail the rights, or shut up.

The process in which Sharif receives money is one of which only the intelligence services can know about and deal with.

"Private" doners from Saudi send money through "charities" and the benefactors are usually regressive parties or terrorist organizations.

ISI as the frontline organization against foreign threats has to deal with it.

You are quite vociferous!

Now detail the rights, or shut up.

What details are you on about. Its difficult to hold a conversation with you because I have to decipher what you are on about first and it gets very tedious. I come here to relax not to teach you english

The process in which Sharif receives money is one of which only the intelligence services can know about and deal with.

"Private" doners from Saudi send money through "charities" and the benefactors are usually regressive parties or terrorist organizations.

ISI as the frontline organization against foreign threats has to deal with it.

My friend... knowledge, and participation are two, entirely different things.

You may know of many, but may not have the right to indulge.

For your last statement: Foreign threats - ISI has to first find the threat. What is it? The Saudis are the threat? Or the money is the threat? Or Nawaz is the threat?

The fact is that the ISI is an intel organization, formally under the control of the Army which is under control of the government. But, since the ISI has outgrown not just the government, but even the Army in terms of power and execution, it exercises its control in all the areas that it can. I know it will hurt you man, but I am just calling a spade, a spade.

The trend was started by none other than Mr. Nawaz Sharif himself, and formally ended by Musharraf, but never quite ended, did it?

My friend... knowledge, and participation are two, entirely different things.

You may know of many, but may not have the right to indulge.

For your last statement: Foreign threats - ISI has to first find the threat. What is it? The Saudis are the threat? Or the money is the threat? Or Nawaz is the threat?

The fact is that the ISI is an intel organization, formally under the control of the Army which is under control of the government. But, since the ISI has outgrown not just the government, but even the Army in terms of power and execution, it exercises its control in all the areas that it can. I know it will hurt you man, but I am just calling a spade, a spade.

The trend was started by none other than Mr. Nawaz Sharif himself, and formally ended by Musharraf, but never quite ended, did it?

I love the fact that ISI is hated by what are clearly our enemies like you. Obviously they must be doing bsomething right. Now back to thread ISI is right to tell saudies not to interfere in our domestic affairs.

LONG LIVE ISI:pakistan:

Look at his face, the pig.
Has more than enough money.

And people actually vote for this moron? Just look at his useless face, is this someone, a leader who should represent Pakistan?

It's good that the ISI monitors these activities, you see, someone like Nawaz Sharif would do anything and everything to get back into power.

I'd much rather donate funds to the cause of Imran Khan, who atleast politely makes a video requesting support of Pakistanis abroad for example.

Never will I give an inch to the likes of Sharif, corrup SOB.

What details are you on about. Its difficult to hold a conversation with you because I have to decipher what you are on about first and it gets very tedious. I come here to relax not to teach you english

You have put forward a very valid, and significant point, perhaps the first time since you joined this forum.

It is a matter of coincidence, that while away from the forum, I thought about it for quite a long time today. A lot of members like you, from the UK and the US to be precise, come online merely to instigate others. It is nothing more than fun and relaxation for you to watch the miserable condition of Pakistani citizens.

Because when the bad time strike Pakistan, you will be sitting comfortably at your home, offering the Pakistanis nothing more than your words.

Can you come to fight when there is a war in Pakistan. You cannot, because if you could, by any remote chance, you would know that the war is going on right now. You would have already been there.

P.S. English is not my first language, and I am still learning it. Thus, I would love for you to correct me each and every time I commit a mistake. Can you do that?

You have put forward a very valid, and significant point, perhaps the first time since you joined this forum.

It is a matter of coincidence, that while away from the forum, I thought about it for quite a long time today. A lot of members like you, from the UK and the US to be precise, come online merely to instigate others. It is nothing more than fun and relaxation for you to watch the miserable condition of Pakistani citizens.

Because when the bad time strike Pakistan, you will be sitting comfortably at your home, offering the Pakistanis nothing more than your words.

Can you come to fight when there is a war in Pakistan. You cannot, because if you could, by any remote chance, you would know that the war is going on right now. You would have already been there.

P.S. English is not my first language, and I am still learning it. Thus, I would love for you to correct me each and every time I commit a mistake. Can you do that?

As I said I dont come here to teach english so I wont help you correct your english. i suggest you go back to school or whatever else you want. I cant believe that when I was off the site you thought about me so much. Wow, anyway I will be on here for the next week or so cos wife is away to take on people like you who come here and talk drivel. Oh btw its not difficult to tell english aint your first or even second language. I am trilingual btw.

Now on to what I think is the substancive matter. I am relaxed here learning and exposing the injustices that are happening and discussing. As far as helping pakistan how do you know what I do for my country I do not wish to disclose to you how I assist. But I love pakistan and will assist in whatever manner I think fit I dont need to advertise it to the likes of you or on this forum

Back
Top Bottom