What's new

Islamophobia Run Wild

Ghetto mentality and not ready to assimilate well in adopted countries by Muslims is one of the reason for Islamophobia. Take the example of UK.

By assimilating you mean start drinking, women starting batheing at the beach..... you scared of Muslims because they dont do that ?

Many of those "Experts" and news casters had eggs on their faces when the Norway shooting was proved to have no link with Islam or Muslims...After the Islamophobic initial rant,BBC and CNN went into "Justification" mode by calling in Psychiatrists who were discussing how trauma can cause a person commit crime against humanity.They were saying that this "White Norwegian" must have suffered a massive psychological trauma which made him do such a heinous thing
They will never call a Psychiatrist when a Palestinian commits crime against humanity because Israeli army bombed his whole family to oblivion or an afghan farmer who's family died in a Drone attack and he doesn't know what wrong they ever did.
If such a person blows himself up..its Jihadi,Islamic Mullah,Seekers of 70,000 virgins...No psychological trauma..

As Pakistanis we are in a situation that we dont care who does it and why..All we want is that this mindless killing should stop.

Ghetto mentality and not ready to assimilate well in adopted countries by muslims is one of the reason for Islamophobia. Take the example of UK.

Actually UK is very comfortable with everybody including muslims keeping their way of life..Unlike many european countries.
I live in an "All white" area (politically inappropriate words,sorry) and dont face ant problems.

By assimilating you mean start drinking, women starting batheing at the beach..... you scared of Muslims because they dont do that ?

For ppl like you , the world is Black and white... Either Naked Western culture (Which is good with their view) or Burqua/Ghoonghat covered Eastern culture (Which is good by our point of view...)

But Unfortunately Most of the world is gray.... When some one say to mingle with local Western culture, ppl like you ppl start counting all bad of them.... Tell me where its written that bathing naked is western culture??? or drinking wine is their culture.....

When some one is saying here "Assimilate" He simply means that be Roman in Rome... What is the point in wearing Salwar (men) in western country??? what is the point of wearing Burqua there??? When the law of land (of west ) allow our daughter to be equal, why we stop her wearing western attire (Western attire means not Bikni, I mean to say jeans and top)??? I have heard many Indian/bangladeshi/Pakistani abduct their daughter ad get them married in respective country in there teen age... Is it our culture??? Is it eastern culture???

Ghetto mentality and not ready to assimilate well in adopted countries by muslims is one of the reason for Islamophobia. Take the example of UK.

My brother has lived in the UK for his entire life, and gets along well the folks. My sister-in-law is English. Your point being? :rolleyes:

For ppl like you , the world is Black and white... Either Naked Western culture (Which is good with their view) or Burqua/Ghoonghat covered Eastern culture (Which is good by our point of view...)

But Unfortunately Most of the world is gray.... When some one say to mingle with local Western culture, ppl like you ppl start counting all bad of them.... Tell me where its written that bathing naked is western culture??? or drinking wine is their culture.....

When some one is saying here "Assimilate" He simply means that be Roman in Rome... What is the point in wearing Salwar (men) in western country??? what is the point of wearing Burqua there??? When the law of land (of west ) allow our daughter to be equal, why we stop her wearing western attire (Western attire means not Bikni, I mean to say jeans and top)??? I have heard many Indian/bangladeshi/Pakistani abduct their daughter ad get them married in respective country in there teen age... Is it our culture??? Is it eastern culture???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My brother has lived in the UK for his entire life, and gets along well the folks. My sister-in-law is English. Your point being? :rolleyes:

Somewhere I read fabulous Quote: "Exception are there to serve the Law".... Hope it clear my point... :cheesy:

Somewhere I read fabulous Quote: "Exception are there to serve the Law".... Hope it clear my point... :cheesy:
No i disagree..Its more to do with you as a person than your cast creed and religion..
If you are good at dealing with people,you will have no or very less problems.
My neighbors know why i wear shalwar qameez on friday,and my elderly neighbor is always offered a trip to the supermarket by me.They dont have problem with me,because i let them ask questions and always have a good concise answer for them,and i am nice to them :)
So there you go,humans require good behavior for giving you good behavior,it doesnt matter if they are white,brown or black...all the same.
Except the haters...as they say..haters gona hate..no matter what.

Why do you think you can debate rationally with Indians? Most Indians, despite their talk about being a peaceful culture without wars, etc, in fact, have a deep hate of Muslims. (If they have never invaded an external country it is because they were too busy fighting themselves). It maybe has to do with the fact that most Muslims today are ex-Dalits who don't take orders from upper caste Hindus any more. They will come up with the same anti-Islamic lies, it does not matter that you rationally prove their anti-Muslim beliefs to be wrong, they will come back and repeat it again and again. Just look around for yourself.

lol one more expert with knowledage from ??? For ur kind information Muslims are only behind 0.4% attacks. Go and search for facts before open ur dirty mouth

Europol Report: All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 99.6% that Aren’t

Europol releases an annual study of terrorism; the results do not support claims that "(nearly) all Muslims are terrorists"

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual. In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists. The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups).

But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further. (hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009. (If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)

The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2007 to 2009 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.

Here are the official tables provided in the reports…

Europol Report: All Terrorists are Muslims...Except the 99.6% that Aren't | loonwatch.com

The question of "If Islam were the religion of terrorists, then why aren’t most Muslims terrorists?" can easily be turned around.

If Islam is a religion of peace, then why is it the only one that consistently produces religiously-motivated terrorist attacks each and every day of the year? Why are thousands of people willing and able to cut off an innocent person’s head or fly a plane into a building while screaming praises to Allah? Where’s the outrage among other Muslims when this happens… and why do they get more worked up over cartoons and hijabs?

Rather than trying to answer a question with a question, however, let's just say that the reason why most Muslims don't kill is that (regardless of what Islam may or may not teach) it's wrong to kill over religion.

Consider that many Muslims would not even think of amputating a thief's hand. Does this mean that it is against Islam to do so? Of course not! In fact, this mandate is clearly found in one of the last verses in the Qur'an (5:38) and in the example of Muhammad according to the Hadith (Bukhari 81:792).

Muslims may believe whatever they want to about what Islam says or doesn't say, but it doesn't change what Islam says about itself. As an ideology, it exists independently of anyone's opinion. As such, it may be studied objectively and apart from how anyone else practices or chooses to interprets it.

The Qur'an plainly teaches that it is not only proper to kill in the name of Allah in certain circumstances, but that it is actually a requirement. Muslims who don't believe in killing over religion may be that way out of ignorance or because they are more loyal to the moral law written in their hearts than they are to the details of Muhammad’s religion. Those who put Islam first or know Islam best know otherwise.

In fact, few Muslims have ever read the Qur'an to any extent, much less pursued an honest investigation of the actual words and deeds of Muhammad, which were more in line with hedonism, deception, power and violence than with moral restraint. The harsh rules that Muslim countries impose on free speech to protect Islam from critique also prevent it from being fully understood. In the West, many Muslims, devout or otherwise, simply prefer to believe that Islam is aligned with the Judeo-Christian principles of peace and tolerance, even if it means filtering evidence to the contrary.

It is no coincidence, however, that the purists who take Islam too heart are far more likely to become terrorists than humanitarians. Those most prone to abandoning themselves to Muhammad's message without moral preconception are always the more dangerous and supremacist-minded. They may be called ‘extremists’ or ‘fundamentalists,’ but, at the end of the day, they are also dedicated to the Qur’an and following the path of Jihad as mandated by Muhammad.

Its more like exception than the rule.

Just go through some of the articles in British news papers. There are certain Islamic groups which are asking for Shariah law in certain part of England. You will not see people from other religious denominations asking for such laws.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view...-Sharia-lawNow-Muslims-demand-full-Sharia-law

The question of "If Islam were the religion of terrorists, then why aren’t most Muslims terrorists?" can easily be turned around.

If Islam is a religion of peace, then why is it the only one that consistently produces religiously-motivated terrorist attacks each and every day of the year? Why are thousands of people willing and able to cut off an innocent person’s head or fly a plane into a building while screaming praises to Allah? Where’s the outrage among other Muslims when this happens… and why do they get more worked up over cartoons and hijabs?

Rather than trying to answer a question with a question, however, let's just say that the reason why most Muslims don't kill is that (regardless of what Islam may or may not teach) it's wrong to kill over religion.

Consider that many Muslims would not even think of amputating a thief's hand. Does this mean that it is against Islam to do so? Of course not! In fact, this mandate is clearly found in one of the last verses in the Qur'an (5:38) and in the example of Muhammad according to the Hadith (Bukhari 81:792).

Muslims may believe whatever they want to about what Islam says or doesn't say, but it doesn't change what Islam says about itself. As an ideology, it exists independently of anyone's opinion. As such, it may be studied objectively and apart from how anyone else practices or chooses to interprets it.

The Qur'an plainly teaches that it is not only proper to kill in the name of Allah in certain circumstances, but that it is actually a requirement. Muslims who don't believe in killing over religion may be that way out of ignorance or because they are more loyal to the moral law written in their hearts than they are to the details of Muhammad’s religion. Those who put Islam first or know Islam best know otherwise.

In fact, few Muslims have ever read the Qur'an to any extent, much less pursued an honest investigation of the actual words and deeds of Muhammad, which were more in line with hedonism, deception, power and violence than with moral restraint. The harsh rules that Muslim countries impose on free speech to protect Islam from critique also prevent it from being fully understood. In the West, many Muslims, devout or otherwise, simply prefer to believe that Islam is aligned with the Judeo-Christian principles of peace and tolerance, even if it means filtering evidence to the contrary.

It is no coincidence, however, that the purists who take Islam too heart are far more likely to become terrorists than humanitarians. Those most prone to abandoning themselves to Muhammad's message without moral preconception are always the more dangerous and supremacist-minded. They may be called ‘extremists’ or ‘fundamentalists,’ but, at the end of the day, they are also dedicated to the Qur’an and following the path of Jihad as mandated by Muhammad.

It is unfortunate that you also seem to be making false presumptions and then asking for explanations. mr420 gave some reports from reputed sources that shows that overwhelming number of terrorist incidents, smaller in proportion to their population are done by non-Muslims. Perception is not reality.

Your loaded questions again are premised on the assumption that they are true. For examples, Muslims don't show outrage against terrorist attacks. Or that ALL Muslims jumped up and down when cartoons were published. Or the first one I have heard, "thousands" of muslims cut of innocent people's head and fly planes into buildings.

This is like asking European Christians after WWII that why is that only European Christians consistently produce mass murderers whether they be in wars or wiping out native populations in the new worlds or enslaving Africans? The question itself is based on a wrong premise.

Again, you have probably read a hate-muslim blog on how "evil" Islam and the Quran is and have concluded that certainly anyone who steals gets his hand chopped off.

Did you even read the next verse 5:39?
“(But) Whoever repents after his wrongdoing and makes amends, then verily God will accept his repentance and verily God is the Forgiving, the Merciful.” (Quran 5:39)

If you ask an Islamic scholar on the legalese behind this, you will be told that petty crimes donot come under this. For eg: a poor man stealing food e.t.c. Also "make amends" and "repentance" implies that if the thief returns the property or makes good the loss in some other way and promises not to do it again, the punishment will be waived as well.

Compare this for example the punishment of theft in the Torah or Old testament where if a gentile steals from a jew, the punishment is death.
Infact, if you talk about violence, there are some pretty violent chapters in the torah and the bible. But we are not in a contest here.

Of course, those Muslims who choose to kill innocent people or fly planes into buildings don't think follow some logical thought process of "cutting hands of a thief" to "lets kill some infidels". This does not have anything to do with the terrorism issue. Its a prime example of obfuscation.

And of course you end of again with presumptions as facts. Please remember, perception is not reality. Most Muslims do get taught the very basics and fundamentals of their religion. And no, they are not required to kill people just for the heck of it. What next, Muslims drink baby blood but they just try to hide it using some "taqiya" magic? Another presumptuous invention about how deceptive the "wily" Muslims are.

The people who actually do commit terrorists acts are those who never had a religiously devout life in the first place. Most of them don't have any background in Islamic theology either. The 9/11 hijackers went out clubbing and drinking and most of their life they were hardly devout. OBL was a businessman not an Islamic scholar. Similarly Zawahiri is a medical doctor. These people suddenly find "religion" and use it as a political cause and tool. Their language may be couched in religious terms, but their aim is clearly political. The same extremism ideologies that other religious extremists be they Christian, Jewish, or even Atheists/Communists have and in their extremism are willing to kill innocent people.

What you need my friend is a visit to your local mosque and ask them some questions, maybe attend one of the sermons and see for yourself and you will realize that Muslims are just people like "Us".

Its more like exception than the rule.

Just go through some of the articles in British news papers. There are certain Islamic groups which are asking for Shariah law in certain part of England. You will not see people from other religious denominations asking for such laws.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Now Muslims demand full Sharia law
If you even read what you linked, you will know that its a fringe group of Muslim extremists

From the same article
A spokesman for the Islamic Society of Britain said: “99.999 per cent of Muslims despise these people. This only serves to fuel racial *tensions.”

It is a front of Anjem Choudary who is under arrest and this group has been BANNED since 2010.

Did you see widespread protests after that? Infact, it was a welcome relief because Muslim groups in UK have been lobbying to get Anjem Choudary shut since the 1980s but the UK govt. wouldn't touch him saying he has right to speech.

The fact is your caricaturisation of the "exception to the rule" is not an exception but actually the rule itself. British Muslims on average are quite loyal to their country as they should be as per their faith.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/105197-british-muslims-feel-well-british-gallup-poll.html

lol that Islam tells muslims fight for ur freedom is wrong in ur eyes but when a army gernal or president like BUSH OBAMA tells u go and fight and kill womens children etc is perfectly ok for u? And when white boys drops bombs from air while listning to rock music is totaly ok too?

Whats wrong for u ? Fight against USA terror or shuting ALLAH ?

And they answer from me was too ur comment about "The reason people were so quick to assume it was an islamic group that did the bombings was because muslims have been behind all the attacks in europe in the past" which u ofcourse turned arround to ur next thought by saying why muslims shout ALLAH when killing etc. First say sorry about u wrong comment and than go and read the truht before open talking alot of crap. I guess u did not read at all so i give u link once again, read it again and again and tell me where did u found out all attacks in europa er done by muslims ? Here is link if u have balls to admit that u are wrong read this. http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/terrorism-in-europe/

I noticed that it is acceptable to be anti-Semitic and anti-christian on this forum, but islam is off limits!

The reason people were so quick to assume it was an islamic group that did the bombings was because muslims have been behind all the attacks in europe in the past.

Don't you know about antisemitism in Europe. The largest systematic murder of Jews took place there. So did the Jews in Europe actually do something that deserved it?

the actions due to the warped mind of a loony dictator (Hitler) cannot be equated with a phenomenon (islamophobia) that is not limited to one person or one country and pretty much widespread in whole of europe. so your analogy is wrong..........

Xenophobia is the illogical fear of the unknown and it occurs every where. Especially if there are people making this a money making enterprise like some "experts" and "commentators" have become, tapping into this fear in an economic downturn like we have in the US and Europe today. But this phenomenon happens in the Arab world, in Pakistan and India and other parts of the world. Economic prosperity or at least equitable wealth distribution is a fundamental factor that helps having a tolerant society.

It is important to realise that these are usually a small extremist and vocal groups who have a warped sense of reality. For example, OBL and his supporters have illogical hate of the west and those who "support" them. But the overwhelming majority of the people everywhere are not extremists.

Is it any surprise that those killed by Al Qaeda are 90%+ muslims. Because what they think is these Muslims are responsible for the west or more specifically the US dominating their "land" and "culture". Just like this right wing extremist felt that "liberal" Norwegians are becoming a tool in destroying his "land" and "culture". And he ended up killing pretty much Norwegians although there may be immigrants and even Muslims among the dead.

ejaz....i'm not defending the islamophobia...no its not xenophobia...its just islamophobia....but whats is happening is pretty much a natural human reaction to the way muslims practise islam.....and their refusal to integrate into the western way of life considering it to be un-islamic.....if they thought like that they should not have migrated to those lands......and its not a minority......the minority is the one that indulges in terrorist attacks...the majority even if not indulging in violence are not integratd into their society either........moreover the news coming out of the muslim world and each and every bomb blast that happens in the name of allah only adds to it.......im just saying you simply cannot fault the westerners for their islamophobia...its a natural human reaction.......its what even the human body does...tries to fight against particles that are seen as foreign.....the onus lies on migrants to prove they are fit for the society...not the reverse.....

In most western countries, people don't differentiate between Hindus, Sikhs and Arabs when they commit hate crimes. In fact, the Sikh community has often suffered a lot of hate crimes because of this. Even Hindus have been killed assuming that they are Arabs or Muslims in the US.

exactly....the victims are those who are thought to be arabs or muslims.......if the attackers had known that they are not muslims they would not have been attacked.....i hope you understand my point....no hindu or sikh or jain is intentionally attacked just because he is a hindu or a sikh or jain...he is attacked because he is falsely assumed to be a muslim......why this hate against muslims......that is the question im asking......to this, a part of the answer lies in muslims also......

At this point in time there is no use of differentiating which community should be or should not be hated. All communities should unite to stop the hate. Jews, muslims, sikhs, hindus form minorities in the west and its important that they join hands with other people to stop the hate.

what you are saying is utopia......just like as you say they should join hands to stop the hate......the muslims should also integrate better into the lifestyle of the west and stop ghettoising themselves whihc makes them stand out as a sore thumb.....only then the hate will stop.....

Back
Top Bottom