What's new

Israel and a Solution to Its Conflict

What is the most suitable solution for Isreal's conflict?

• Israel has the right to exist regardless its conflict with the Palestinian

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Israel should agree to the establishment of a Palestinian state alongside the Jewish state

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Israel should agree for the two nations state solution

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • The Jewish people cannot have the right for self-determination in the Middle East

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
I'm not sure the world is yet ready for a "solution". Rather, this conflict currently is something that has to be managed. The words of "NotSoFast" strike me as cognizant of reality:

...Since the day of its creation, the State of Israel has been subjected to war. This war continues because, although the Arabs are very fond of war, they are not very good at it, while the Israelis, who are very good at it, are not fond of it, and are unwilling to employ the sorts of measures that would bring it to an end. What this means is that the Arabs are free to attack the Israelis when they find it convenient, and to sell them natural gas when they find that convenient.

The Israelis have repeatedly bested the Arabs in combat, conquering large territories, only to return the conquered territory in trade for “peace”. But the peace of the Arabs is nothing but the preparation for war. The so-called Palestinians are an enslaved population, maintained on Israel’s borders to justify that constant war, and to provide soldiers to fight it. They are sustained by the idiocy, and likely the malice, of the United Nations. As other commenters have made clear above, much larger populations were displaced and absorbed in the awful wars of the last century. The “Palestinians” are where they are because it suits the leaders of the Arab states (and now the Iranians) to have them there. And it will continue to suit them until such time as one side or the other terminates the arrangement by force.
(link, Comment 124)

israel is a reality we all have to accept -- and Palestine is a reality which must be officially REALIZED and implemented.

ideally, pre-1967 borders should be established -- as stated in Camp David accords under Clinton regime

I'm not sure the world is yet ready for a "solution". Rather, this conflict currently is something that has to be managed. The words of "NotSoFast" strike me as cognizant of reality:

(link, Comment 124)

take that piece of crap out of the world map and the world still functions. so there is no conflict. guess whod like everyone believe theres a conflict.
am i a philosopher?

take that piece of crap out of the world map and the world still functions...am i a philosopher?
Or is Israel the Dutch boy with his finger in the dike, holding back the forces of extremism? If Israel ceased to defend itself today, the Arabs and their sympathizers would be guilty of genocide tomorrow. Would they feel guilt and grief, or invent reasons to continue onward with their aggressions? What Muslim feels guilt about the crimes committed by themselves or their fathers against their fellow humans? How many admit to shame that their forefathers were weak and forced to convert to Islam?

Muslims haven't valued reflecting on their nature since the days of Al-Ghazali. You'd have to break with your fellows and reject him before you can lay claim to the mantle of philosopher.

america shud stop funding israel.
If West will stop funding Palestinian "refugees" there will be no need in aid to Israel.

I can elaborate this: thanks to massive aid, people in refugee camps dont work and only multiply. Since they dont have what to do they turn to terror. But once the funding will stop there will be no choice but go to work and they wont have time for terror. And Palestinians who live in Arab countries start working they will very fast blend among the rest of the population, since there is no any cultural, ethnic or religous difference between the Palestinians, Syrians or Lebanese. Thus both terror and refugee problem will be solved.

I chose option 1 and stand tall by it. Ancestral land is ancestral land no matter what the propaganda is.

well, if so you must be a big supporter of the indians getting their country back right... ?

cause the americans occupy their country!

all the palestinians should get the hell out from ther based on your ideas then ah? what an idiotic argument! central asia should belong to turkey then, since it is there our ancestors come from, help us and support us on that then!

well, if so you must be a big supporter of the indians getting their country back right... ?

all the palestinians should get the hell out from ther based on your ideas then ah? what an idiotic argument! central asia should belong to turkey then, since it is there our ancestors come from, help us and support us on that then!

Why is it that when you read an opinion that defers from yours, you instantly rage like a spoiled brat that lost their favorite toy?

USA is a state, Israel is a stae, Palestinians just like Native Americans never had a state. So in fact those who ask to destroy Israel are like Native Americans who want to destroy they USA.

No point arguing with the Jews here as they will not evacuate any of their stolen lands. Fortunately for the Palestinians the world balance of power is changing rapidly. Let's see how tough they are when Asia eclipses the West and they no longer have the "big-boys" backing them up. The opportunistic Indians will dump them in a flash when they are no longer needed - US no longer superpower so AIPAC influence in US useless and the Indians can make everything that the Jews are now supplying to them.

Your comparison does not make any sense.

Palestinians indeed had a country used to call Ottoman Empire. If there was no interference from U.K. and U.S., they would have either formed their own country or become part of Egypt, Syria and etc.

USA is a state, Israel is a stae, Palestinians just like Native Americans never had a state. So in fact those who ask to destroy Israel are like Native Americans who want to destroy they USA.

Palestinians indeed had a country used to call Ottoman Empire. If there was no interference from U.K. and U.S., they would have either formed their own country or become part of Egypt, Syria and etc.

You are right after World War I and with the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, Britain had gained colonial control of many territories in the Middle East and this mandate came from them. If the Jewish people are not prepared to accept the new situation after an invasion of their territory, why should they expect the Palestinians to accept an invasion of theirs? It appears to be one thing for the Jewish people to insist on a right to live in their homeland but quite another for the Palestinians. Why Israel believes itself to have a god given right to its Jewish homeland. we need to look at this graph

jp8mft.jpg
[/IMG]

what a ludicrous poll... (reminded me of Zia's referendum questions)

You did nt give the fifth option...

5. Israel should be annihilated like what Salahuddin did to the Crusader Kingdom before it... and Umar Bin Al Khattab did to the Romans before that...

Sahih Bukhari Hadith Volume 4, Book 52, Number 177: Narrated by Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Shalom!!! ;)

5. Israel should be annihilated like what Salahuddin did to the Crusader Kingdom before it... and Umar Bin Al Khattab did to the Romans before that...
You and I have gone through this before: bequeathing Palestine to the Jews was the stated policy of the Caliphs in case Arabs ceased supporting their Empire and it disintegrated. That happened at the end of WW1, when three empires were broken into nation-states. Those areas where the populations were not exchanged - the Saar, Danzig, Iraq, Palestine - became the flashpoints for future conflicts.

OK, then now they have a country called Israel.

we need to look at this graph

jp8mft.jpg
[/IMG]
This graph is a lie. Here is a true one:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom