What's new

Israel launches air strikes on Syria

Not sure about that but I would not rule it out. I think mainly Shia Arab clerics from Iraq and the Northeastern Arabian Peninsula (current day Eastern Province in KSA) were imported but I do not really know that. I actually think that the Shia Twelvers in KSA in the Eastern Province became Shias at the same time as Arab tribes in Iraq started to embrace it so it must have happened not more than 300-150 years ago.

But I guess this is a controversial topic in Iran. I have to see what they say about the Eastern Province in KSA though but I think it is connected to Bahrain/Iraq and when they started to embrace Twelver Shia beliefs.

I think about 500 years ago ;) , though i'm not sure , thanks for the info.

@BeyondHeretic
Yes, the west backed Sadam unconditionally to punish Iran for holding the US diplomats, trust me on that.

Ok , I thought it was the soviet union backing saddam ,

Last edited by a moderator:
western media are all against Iran, so they can write anything about us, the only people would believe them are people like you, but look what they have written about KSA, their number one ally in middle east:
Wahhabi Movement, Ted Thornton, NMH, Northfield Mount Hermon
deny as much as you like, this is you.

What are you talking about? It is a HISTORICAL FACT that Iran, after the Arab conquest, embraced SUNNI ISLAM. Iran was majority Sunni from 700 until 1500. This is why most of the famous Iranian scholars, scientists etc. were Sunnis.

It was first under the Azeri Safavids that you became a majority Shia country after forced conversions, massacres etc. Today only 10 percent of Iranians are Sunnis and nearly all are non-Persians (Kurds, Baluch, Arabs, Turkmen).

You can simply not deny this.

The same with Iraq who was majority Sunni just 100 years ago. Only massive conversions among the Arab tribes changed that.

Ever wondered why the clerical clergy in Iran often are of Arabic origin? The rulers imported them and gave them land etc. during the conversion process.

I am not a Hanbali "Wahhabi as you Shias like to call them" so why should I care? I am a Shafi'i. Google him.

Anyway , my personal opinion , Russia supplied Syria with s-300 so they soot down something actual , and ignite a war so that the west can topple bashar assad sooner...

The creation of Hezbollah in Lebanon was fueled by the Iranian political elite back in the day ,as a retaliation for the providing Sadam with Chemos and the massive Iranian casualties as well.
Shiahs already existed in Lebanon and they were fighting against Israel, they asked Iranian help and we didn't hesitate,
unlike you our friendship is real and we would continue supporting both Hezbollah and Hamas forever.

and here is our message for Israel:
Anti-Israeli Forces Can Hit Targets 400km in Occupied Territories Soon

LoL, the US armed Sadam to the teeth and they allowed him to carry his nuclear program as long as he continues the war with Iran.
both Soviet and U.S helped Saddam, have you forgotten their T72 tank and Scud missiles, Soviet's condition for supporting us was helping them in Afghanistan and our government refused, so they didn't help us in that war.

Iran was majority Sunni from 700 until 1500

Wrong ...almost half of Iranian were Shia ...remember the long time before Safavid The "Buyid dynasty" 10-11 centuries were Persian Shia fight with Abbasid and defeated them in battle and also took Baghdad and put poor Abbasid khlifa in jail !

Shiahs already existed in Lebanon and they were fighting against Israel, they asked Iranian help and we didn't hesitate,
unlike you our friendship is real and we would continue supporting both Hezbollah and Hamas forever.

and here is our message for Israel:
Anti-Israeli Forces Can Hit Targets 400km in Occupied Territories Soon

Hezbollah is an Iranian entity and will always continue to be. Prior to its creation there was the movement of Amal ,but later Hezbollah emerged after getting everything in part and parcel from Iran.

what can I say , ....

I know buddy. I'm well aware of what the Iranian people went through during that war.

Wrong ...almost half of Iranian were Shia ...remember the long time before Safavid The "Buyid dynasty" 10-11 centuries were Persian Shia fight with Abbasid and defeated them in battle and also took Baghdad and put poor Abbasid khlifa in jail !

That's not correct. All of the early Iranian scholars and scientists were Sunnis.

The Buyyid's were KURDS and existed only for 120 years. They also did not control all of current day Iran and did not convert anyone forcibly as the Azeri Safavids did 400 years later.

Everyone knows the facts since it was already reported back in the day. It is obviously a controversial topic in Iran - since you are ruled by Shia Twelver Mullah's and it would not surprise me if many Iranians were unaware of that even happening in the first place.

Iran’s population was mostly Sunni of the Shafi`i[1] and Hanafi legal rites until the triumph of the Safavids (who had initially been Shafi`i Sufis themselves).[2] Ironically, this was to the extent that up until the end of the 15th century the Ottoman Empire (the most powerful and prominent Sunni state and future arch-enemy of the Shia Safavids) used to send many of its Ulema (Islamic scholars) to Iran to further their education in Sunni Islam, due to a lack of Madrasahs (Islamic schools) within the Empire itself.[3] The Sunni Iranians had always held the family of Muhammad in high esteem.[4] In contrast, before the Safavid period, a minority of Iranians were Shia and there had been relatively few Shia Ulema in Iran.[5]

What are you talking about? It is a HISTORICAL FACT that Iran, after the Arab conquest, embraced SUNNI ISLAM. Iran was majority Sunni from 700 until 1500. This is why most of the famous Iranian scholars, scientists etc. were Sunnis.

It was first under the Azeri Safavids that you became a majority Shia country after forced conversions, massacres etc. Today only 10 percent of Iranians are Sunnis and nearly all are non-Persians (Kurds, Baluch, Arabs, Turkmen).

You can simply not deny this.

The same with Iraq who was majority Sunni just 100 years ago. Only massive conversions among the Arab tribes changed that.

Ever wondered why the clerical clergy in Iran often are of Arabic origin? The rulers imported them and gave them land etc. during the conversion process.

I am not a Hanbali "Wahhabi as you Shias like to call them" so why should I care? I am a Shafi'i. Google him.
our people already believed in 12 Imam after Prophet, the only thing Safavid did, was officially naming it as "Shiah".
and I already posted the link so start reading your history.

Hezbollah is an Iranian entity and will always continue to be. Prior to its creation there was the movement of Amal ,but later Hezbollah emerged after getting everything in part and parcel from Iran.

I know buddy. I'm well aware of what the Iranian people went through during that war.

I too am aware of many facts buddy , like the fact that saddam was being armed by the soviet union well before the Islamic revolution of 1979 and that it was france who kickstarted saddam's nuclear program and not the USA , because the French were ashamed of passing nuclear secrets to Israel in the 50s and 60s

Iranian entity?:lol:
I'm afraid soon you will say Hamas is an Iranian Entity too.

exactly. shah Abbas was the one to make it the official / state religion, far later.
shah Abbas did a lot for national purposes. there is one good book about shah Abbas, by Nahavandi.

I too am aware of many facts buddy , like the fact that saddam was being armed by the soviet union well before the Islamic revolution of 1979 and that it was france who kickstarted saddam's nuclear program and not the USA , because the French were ashamed of passing nuclear secrets to Israel in the 50s and 60s

:cheesy: Sadam's nuclear reactor wasn't built for a military use back in the day ,but the Americans turned a blind eye while they knew that Sadam's intention was to build the bomb.

exactly. shah Abbas was the one to make it the official / state religion, far later.
shah Abbas did a lot for national purposes. there is one good book about shah Abbas, by Nahavandi.

What I can remember shi'ism had a lot to do with Turkish Khanghahs and so one can conclude the missionaries were more likely to be from Lebanon than Iraq or KSA

:cheesy: Sadam's nuclear reactor wasn't built for a military use back in the day ,but the Americans turned a blind eye while they knew that Sadam's intention was to build the bomb.

the americans didn't turn a blind eye , instead they gave a green light to bomb osirak

Back
Top Bottom