What's new

Israel offers natural gas to India

Yes, and India also signed deals with Russia, doesn't mean we are going to make a Pipe line from Russia to India. India is not just dependent on Israel for gas, you buy it where they sell, there is a large market no need to go after just one seller. If Israel fill a small percentage of India's energy demand then that mean that we have that much more fuel to use.
Thats my point, shipments from Israel will be so miniscule, its hardly understandable why some cheer so much.

Actually, India could have gotten major gas delivery from Iran (as it will be a major supplier to Pakistan as well), but Indian government succumbed to the West politics and screwed Iran, so they got cut off. Major blunder, but you live with whom you elect.

Thats my point, shipments from Israel will be so miniscule, its hardly understandable why some cheer so much.

Actually, India could have gotten major gas delivery from Iran (as it will be a major supplier to Pakistan as well), but Indian government succumbed to the West politics and screwed Iran, so they got cut off. Major blunder, but you live with whom you elect.

It doesn't matter how 'miniscule' it may be, if it adds to the overall availibilty of LNG in India its a welcome news. As far as gas from Iran is considered, I think we are already shipping them through LNG ships. IPI pipeline is a distant dream as GoI doesn't want our gas supply to be at the mercy of a hostile country.

Back
Top Bottom