What's new

Israeli drone 'crashes' in Gaza

Now that the kids finished having a field day at the thread it's time for some logical examination.
(though there were some worthwhile comments, Hazzy's for example).

We cannot really trust either what Israel nor what Hamas is saying, they both have obvious interests to paint this their way. So what do we know for sure?

1. As 500 said there are many UAV's flying 24/7 365 days a year over Gaza, some of them like the field mini UAV's may not get the best maintenance.
2. Hacking is highly unlikely considering the encryption systems available in the world.
3. What is possible is blocking it's connection with Israeli operators causing it to crash.
4. Gun fire is unlikely given the photo that surfaced (posted below).

So either 1 or 3. How to tell?
1. If Hamas has the ability to make Israeli drones drop out of the sky they will use it again before Israel fixes the issue. So if there will be additional UAV failures in the next few week it would be very likely Hamas's doing.
Otherwise it would be quite unlikely that it was Hamas.
2. The timing. If Hamas had such capabilities why would they use it right now instead of waiting for a large conflict. That is the reasoning they themselves use to justify not using the tunnels Palestinians claim to have into Israel.
Moreover since the recent skirmish Hamas said that it was not interested in an escalation at the moment, downing a drone will cause just that.

So I guess we'll just have to wait and see if any more UAV's fail about Gaza.

1441573_582576635153875_1079516654_n.jpg

I don't why you wrote that much...you don't need to informed people know these things.

Hamas isn't claiming to have shot it down but claiming to have seized it, in Arabic the word can mean several different things.

I disagree that downing an UAV over Gaza skies would cause an escalation. It's in their right to down aircraft over Gaza.

And if it crashed like the IDF claimed it did wouldn't it have caused more damage?

I can't dismiss that it was shot with an AA gun yet because it seems like a bottom piece is missing if you can get us a picture of this UAV fully intact with all angles it would help.

Last edited:
I don't why you wrote that much...you don't need to informed people know these things.

Hamas isn't claiming to have shot it down but claiming to have seized it, in Arabic the word can mean several different things.

I disagree that downing an UAV over Gaza skies would cause an escalation. It's in their right to down aircraft over Gaza.

And if it crashed like the IDF claimed it did wouldn't it have caused more damage?

I can't dismiss that it was shot with an AA gun yet because it seems like a bottom piece is missing if you can get us a picture of this UAV fully intact with all angles it would help.

I am not sure what Hamas claims, but I know what people in this thread claimed.
Anyway, whether it was their right or not is irrelevant, it still might lead to an escalation.

I can't be 100% sure, but I am about 95% sure it was not shot down. if it was fired upon then the bullets scatter and probably would have hit the wings/other parts and pierced it at least somewhere. Plus there is no signs of shrapnel from bullet impacts. Though I am not an expert so I could be wrong.
It seems a lot more likely the bottom fell off while crashing. But who knows for sure.
BTW if was not hit with an AA gun, their caliber would have torn this to shreds.

I am not sure what Hamas claims, but I know what people in this thread claimed.
Anyway, whether it was their right or not is irrelevant, it still might lead to an escalation.

I can't be 100% sure, but I am about 95% sure it was not shot down. if it was fired upon then the bullets scatter and probably would have hit the wings/other parts and pierced it at least somewhere. Plus there is no signs of shrapnel from bullet impacts. Though I am not an expert so I could be wrong.
It seems a lot more likely the bottom fell off while crashing. But who knows for sure.
BTW if was not hit with an AA gun, their caliber would have torn this to shreds.

It wouldn't cause an escalation, if Hamas sent a drone into Israel far into it it may cause some tension but wouldn't go further than that.

We both aren't experts but if it fell I'm sure it would have caused more damage and at the least wrecked. If the bottom fell off that means it landed pretty well. I don't believe Israel landed it either.

It isn't a coincidence of Hamas being there at the right time either. In the daytime they don't walk around areas. But, they do have training camps and some may have been present and realized a drone was spying on them.

So it's hard to say it crashed because it looks as if it landed pretty safely. I cannot dismiss the possibility of it being shot down because we can't see the whole drone from every angle. There may have been damage done we cannot seen. 
Here is the original drone:
skylite_b_brochure.jpg

I'm struggling to find the hole I see in the middle of the photo Hamas's military wing presented and it seems a good portion of the bottom part is missing:

BYJtOfCCEAA1aIm.jpg

These don't seem like the same drones though, so it isn't a skylite B. It may be with the front nose fallen off. It seems a piece of the wing is missing and the lower bottom half.

Last edited:
Hamas and Iran should commit to a full and extensive alliance. I know for example that when IRGC was training Hezbollah, Lebanese came to Iran to train guerilla war in "mock-up" cities in Iran.
I dont know if we have that kind of partnership with Hamas, but we ought to.
But then again, Hamas are already great assymetrical fighters. I see them as the new Vietcong in Palestine, they deterred a full scale Israeli invasion in 2012 november war.

And Iran also ought to send more advanced missiles. Stuff that can cripple and harm Israeli infrastructure.
However I see that as an impossibility, because logistics and Egypt.
For that to be possible, Iran and Egypt would have to be in a strategic alliance, which is not ever gonna happen.

Seems like Egypt have decided to weaken and maybe even shut down Hamas alltogether.
Be carefull bro.. before you know, they will do the Syrian version of jihad on you. They proved that they are not a trustable group, waste of Iranian money. Leave them, they are busy killing and harassing shia people.

Be carefull bro.. before you know, they will do the Syrian version of jihad on you. They proved that they are not a trustable group, waste of Iranian money. Leave them, they are busy killing and harassing shia people.

Syrian conflict has been very damaging for everyone involved. It has deepened sectarian rift, but the best thing IMO is to normalize relations and bridge the gaps.
This kind of conflict and sectarianism is exactly what Israel wants. Different groups killing and weakening each other, so the focus will not be on them.

for real @SajeevJino , call your old sis ! @500
your no match for this :lol:
go away kiddo go away embarressed :wave:

Really ..you don't have words to reply my Posts 
israeel is the country which used an air to air missile(in a distance less than 20m) for taking down a drone made by hezbollah. what do you guys expect from them ?

to check how effect of our AAM's against small UAV's ..thanks for the Target Hezbollah 
as always , like a pathetic troll , off-topic

c'mon !! i though zionists have an iq>60 , u failed me! lol

does the Nobel Prizes are given to low Iq Peoples ..hmm

at least we had our country , what abt u ? u have been an unwelcome guest in all countries around the world !!

The Zionist Empire ..ISRAEL

Last edited:
u idiot!! iran comes from aryan its another name for persia !!
If you are aryan as u claim then u should go back to your homeland in Europe:

p039_0_00_1.jpg

the funny part is that they failed the first attempt !!!!

can u imagine!!! their shitty f-16 couldnt down an almost stationary target from sky !!!
Silly kid, you dont even understand that for fast moving F-16 hitting slow moving target is much harder.

Thanks for providing a us free targets for training.

to check how effect of our AAM's against small UAV's ..thanks for the Target Hezbollah
i hardly understand what you say please study verb tenses and conjunctions. anyway fyi hitting a drone by air to air missile doesn't mean being superpower and having special air force but it means that your country can't even distract a home made drone. we have landed more than 5 high tech drones from US without even firing a bullet and you waste two missiles for destroying a home made one. and other thing is that your pilots need some real training with their accuracy. i guess neither you nor your friends know the meaning of missile. in developed countries they don't use missiles for taking down a drone. :rofl:

Last edited:
Thanks for providing a us free targets for training.
free? do you know the meaning of free ? you could make atleast 20 drones with the cost of an air to air missile. you wasted too much drones for one free :haha: now you tell me who is the idiot one here?

free? do you know the meaning of free ? you could make atleast 20 drones with the cost of an air to air missile. you wasted too much drones for one free :haha: now you tell me who is the idiot one here?
Drone targets also cost money. Thats why in some cases during tests missiles are set to self destroy mode in order to save target drone.

Thanks to me you just learned something new.

You provided us target drones for free. 
It wouldn't cause an escalation, if Hamas sent a drone into Israel far into it it may cause some tension but wouldn't go further than that.

We both aren't experts but if it fell I'm sure it would have caused more damage and at the least wrecked. If the bottom fell off that means it landed pretty well. I don't believe Israel landed it either.

It isn't a coincidence of Hamas being there at the right time either. In the daytime they don't walk around areas. But, they do have training camps and some may have been present and realized a drone was spying on them.

So it's hard to say it crashed because it looks as if it landed pretty safely. I cannot dismiss the possibility of it being shot down because we can't see the whole drone from every angle. There may have been damage done we cannot seen. 
Here is the original drone:
skylite_b_brochure.jpg

I'm struggling to find the hole I see in the middle of the photo Hamas's military wing presented and it seems a good portion of the bottom part is missing:

BYJtOfCCEAA1aIm.jpg

These don't seem like the same drones though, so it isn't a skylite B. It may be with the front nose fallen off. It seems a piece of the wing is missing and the lower bottom half.
Its not Skylite B, its Skylark 1:

New_Skylark.jpg

Okay...it looks more like this skylark than the older version...:

skylark-2.jpg

Hello everybody
To 500:
I think you are a proud Jew whom i think care a lot about knowing the depth of the facts.
but I have two questions of you personally please answer them solely to yourself
1) Do you believe in Islam as the final religion coming from the God?
2) If no what have you done to explore the reality? for example have you read the Holy Quran? I am telling you, you don't have much more time before it is late.

If you are aryan as u claim then u should go back to your homeland in Europe

if ur zionist , u should go back to .......... hmmm you dont have a place !! then go to hell :D as in no other pace your welcome

Silly kid, you dont even understand that for fast moving F-16 hitting slow moving target is much harder.

you idiot !! f-16 can move at whatever speed it wants!! it can move at an speed as low as its stall point . you think your speaking to a noob like you and the friends of yours ?? this is a military forum hon !! in this place ppl know military stuff !

understand ?

also when it comes to an iranian frogfoot (which is a ground attack plane) trying to shoot american drone , you almost teared your tiny cute vocal cords shouting "iranian fighter couldnt shoot down a drone !! " :D :D :D

but when it comes to f-16 trying to shoot an small drone you bark : "its hard to shoot a drone because of speed" :D

lol at u hon :D :D

to shorten it : 1) f-16 has the capability to choose at which speed it travels !! :D
2) f-16 is designed to shoot drones down

and when it fails its like : O MY GOSH!! WHAT DID I JUST SEE ? :D

as i said before , your no match for this :wave: 
Really ..you don't have words to reply my Posts

hmm yeah :pop:

does the Nobel Prizes are given to low Iq Peoples ..hmm

nobel prizes are given by idiots to idiots :D

hell !! obama is a nobel prize winner !! lmao :omghaha:

The Zionist Empire ..ISRAEL

sign up for zion got talent !!! :D :D for the most delusional creature ever :D :D

Last edited:
if ur zionist , u should go back to .......... hmmm you dont have a place !! then go to hell :D as in no other pace your welcome
yeah baby

you idiot !! f-16 can move at whatever speed it wants!!
:omghaha:

Silly kid, min speed of F-16 is some 250 km/h. While Iranian target drone was flying at some 80 km/h.

f-16 is designed to shoot drones down
No silly kid, F-16 is designed to shoot down supersonic fighters.

yeah baby

Silly kid, min speed of F-16 is some 250 km/h. While Iranian target drone was flying at some 80 km/h.

this is like the most stupid post ever !! this is the most moronic thing i've ever heard!!

since when having low speed is an advantage ?? lol at your silly comment !! ppl are reading your comments !! silly !

your right abt f-16 speed , but the drone was an upgraded ababil drone made by iran ! from wiki :

It has a maximum operational radius of 150 km (93 mi) and a maximum ceiling of 14,000 ft (4,268 m). It has the ability to travel at a maximum speed of 300 km/h .

so when i tell you to get lost , i mean it !!

and u didnt tell me , why did you cry like a zio-child when usa claimed that iranian frogfoots (ground attack aircraft) didnt shoot down us drone ? lol at you

:wave:

No silly kid, F-16 is designed to shoot down supersonic fighters.

naah kiddo , f-16 is designed to take down !! :D anything it locks on :cheesy:

but it looks like it wasnt capable of doing so ....... :partay: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom