What's new

Israel's PR offensive in India

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Israel's PR offensive in India

Israel is desperately trying to create a “shinier image of itself as a friend of the Indian people'' to match its growing diplomatic clout in New Delhi, U.S. Ambassador to India David Mulford noted in a cable, accessed by The Hindu through WikiLeaks.

He suggested that Americans could learn from Israel's “public relations strategy.''

The cable, dated March 28, 2008 ( 147610: confidential), is titled “Israel polishing its image — and its hardware in India,” in a reference to its bourgeoning arms trade with India.

Sent a few weeks after a widely publicised India-Israel Strategic Dialogue session held in New Delhi, it said that Israel was particularly concerned about the Left's criticism of the Indian government's increasingly “closer ties'' with it and was trying to “counter'' it by cultivating public opinion.

Israel's Deputy Chief of Mission in New Delhi Eli Belotsercovsky told American diplomats that the embassy had held discussions with “focus groups'' in Delhi and Mumbai as part of its campaign to improve its public image.

The discussions showed that while Israel was now viewed “more favorably by the Indian public than in the past,'' there was still a vast “knowledge gap'' with “very limited knowledge about the country, even among educated professionals.''

According to the cable, Mr. Belotsercovsky “noted that their polling suggested many Indians actually see Israel as a model for dealing with Muslims — something the Israeli Embassy makes efforts to downplay.''

It concluded with the suggestion that the U.S. “can learn from the Israelis” success in India.''

“We will remain engaged with the Israeli Embassy and follow whether its public relations strategy to win hearts and minds has any success in swaying the general public while defusing attacks from India's Left.

Israel's success in this area could yield strategies for the USG's (United States Government) own efforts at bridging the gap between the Indian public's enthusiasm and the government's skepticism of the U.S.,'' it said.

The Hindu : Opinion / Op-Ed : Israel's PR offensive in India

I would say it is more than effective , especially after the Mumbai episode.

indian right wing is not happy about this

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

just like me

Normal issue Israel hires public relations agencies in China, India, Sri Lanka, Japan, South Korea, Thailand & Singapore to promote itself.

All above mentioned countries shares economic ties & defence ties with Israel

It is not just the govts. but the Israeli people and Indian people always bond together.... I have several Israeli friends and they have a very high regard towards Indians. You can find a lot of Israeli tourists in India as well.
But where we lack are in collaborative areas in technology and manpower exchange. But I am sure we will start to see more Israeli technology companies in India in the next decade.

Israelis In India!
600_goa_1.jpg

there is no doubt in it that Israel is much more favorate by the Indian public then anyother country.....

the reason could be that Indians actually see Israel as a model for dealing with terrorists and helping india in this feild...

but i also has a view that Israeli are more open to showcase their best militery tech to india and willing to sell it ( indeed india buy dispite a very high elevated price )..

that's where i think US lecks....

Jews have lived in India for hundred of years they never tried to conquered our land or to impose there culture ,religion , or trade on us...infact many of them took local names, spoke local languages & mixedup with the local culture...so Indians never felt threatened by them...it is also notable that India is the only place where jews never faced persecution on the contrary they were always welcomed here...Israelis we love u very much...Long Live Israel India Friendship!!!

Jews have lived in India for hundred of years they never tried to conquered our land or to impose there culture ,religion , or trade on us...infact many of them took local names, spoke local languages & mixedup with the local culture...so Indians never felt threatened by them...it is also notable that India is the only place where jews never faced persecution on the contrary they were always welcomed here...Israelis we love u very much...Long Live Israel India Friendship!!!

Same with the Parsis.

But I think that has do with their numbers and not with their nature. If they had been in sufficient numbers, who knows what would have happened ? After all, all semitic religions believe in power through sword.

Straight from the horse's mouth!

Oh dear...

Oh dear , without mentioning which poll, who were the respondents , the sample size it is as good as only from the "horse's" mouth not from any human with six senses.

Oh dear , without mentioning which poll, who were the respondents , the sample size it is as good as only from the "horse's" mouth not from any human with six senses.

You are right. The Israelis are probably relying on faulty polls.
It's not like they know much about science and mathematics.
Much better to trust anonymous posters on the internet... :coffee:

They are designing an official PR campaign after a couple of coffee room chats with their cafeteria staff...

Same with the Parsis.

But I think that has do with their numbers and not with their nature. If they had been in sufficient numbers, who knows what would have happened ? After all, all semitic religions believe in power through sword.
parsis where jews who came from persia that is modern day Iran...& most jews in India were parsis...even british in India were at first in lower number

You are right. The Israelis are probably relying on faulty polls.
It's not like they know much about science and mathematics.
Much better to trust anonymous posters on the internet... :coffee:

Strawman.

I am just asking what polls, when they were taken and who were the respondents. Nothing outrageous I presume.

BTW you believe wikileaks fully or it is limited only to cables on India ? :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom