What's new

Istanbul is The Worlds Best Destination according to Trip Advisor

Please read carefully before replying like that.

Those turkmeni men were working in the hamam and they gave me a very violent bath. Thats all i meant. I was not expecting men would give me a bath. It was traumatic.

Those man are called tellak. They are experts on removing dirt which cannot be removed with ordinary bath, hence the "violence" :D

The beauty and splendour of constantinopole ironically is one of the prime reasons why russia today is christian.In the 10th century vladimir of the rus,then pagans sent envoys to the neighbouring states to study their religions after their respective envoys urged him to embrace their faiths.The mulsim volga bulgars didn't make a great impression being acc to the envoys-'smelly'.Also no drinking rule of islam wasn't suited to the temperament of the eventual vodka loving rus.
''Drinking is the joy of all rus''Lol.
Judaism was rejected,as it was interpreted that a religion that had lost its mother city(jerusalem) no longer had the favour of its god.
In the grim german catholic churches his envoys found no joy.
In constantinopole's hagia sophia however-the full festival ritual of the Byzantine Church was set in motion to impress them, they found their ideal: "We no longer knew whether we were in heaven or on earth," they reported, "nor such beauty, and we know not how to tell of it."
Thus russia went orthodox.(along with the prospect of a political alliance with byzantium)

Well said @AUSTERLITZ !

Istanbul could be far better, could be the best , it took too much inner migrations.

Government's fault, if people were able to make money at their home, they would stay at their home, hence more balanced demoghraphics.

My wish is that i can go to Istanbul for my honeymoon.....:cheesy:

It's sad that i have been throughout the world but not Turkey. Turkey is my next stop. Guaranteed, have some boring Turkish food, visit that big *** Mosque in downtown Istanbul. See the rotating dancers ( whatever they are, sufi type dancers) and drink yucky Turkish coffee :fie:

God damn I'ma visit soon.

Nah, you should stay in US so that you can continue seeing the rotating obeses in streets and enjoy a healthy American diet through unique(!) delicacies such as hamburger, so that you can be just another obese if you haven't been already. Then, talking shit about others on the internet would fit you much better :)

Nah, you should stay in US so that you can continue seeing the rotating obeses in streets and enjoy a healthy American diet through unique(!) delicacies such as hamburger, so that you can be just another obese if you haven't been already. Then, talking shit about others on the internet would fit you much better :)

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh a butthurt. BTW American Diet ( Steak, Burgers, Pizzas, Hot DOgs, Mashed potatoes, Biscuits) > Turkish.

And no it isn't ridiculing your or talking shit, but rather your limitation in the depth perception of the statement. Some of us have a better grasp of English :D

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh a butthurt. BTW American Diet ( Steak, Burgers, Pizzas, Hot DOgs, Mashed potatoes, Biscuits) > Turkish.

And no it isn't ridiculing your or talking shit, but rather your limitation in the depth perception of the statement. Some of us have a better grasp of English :D

Butthurt he says :)

What an American obese whose favorite food is hamburger and pizza could know about the Turkish cuisine to call it boring.

( Steak, Burgers, Pizzas, Hot DOgs, Mashed potatoes, Biscuits) > Turkish.

Those could be found anywhere in the world including Turkey, they are what i'd call boring.

Butthurt he says :)

What an American obese whose favorite food is hamburger and pizza could know about the Turkish cuisine to call it boring.

Those could be found anywhere in the world including Turkey, they are what i'd call boring.

Dude Turkish is here in Lahore aswell -_-

But Turkish food dont dazzle my taste buds.

And No steaks are not boring, prime ribs arent boring and sure as hell wings arent boring. Coca Cola is not boring as well.

And No steaks are not boring, prime ribs arent boring and sure as hell wings arent boring. Coca Cola is not boring as well.
must be a shity restaurant. I have eaten some horrible Pakistani food in my area but im not generalizing. I have also eaten many horrible ham burgers and pizza. I think it is crazy to compare american food to Turkish food. We have developed all sorts of dishes over the past few thousand years that are much better than anything you will find in America.

must be a shity restaurant. I have eaten some horrible Pakistani food in my area but im not generalizing. I have also eaten many horrible ham burgers and pizza. I think it is crazy to compare american food to Turkish food.

Eastern (somewhat) and Western food have no match/comparison, poles apart. But i love ma steaks. I have had a few Turkish dishes from UAE, London and Pak. Maybe I'm used to spicy stuff so it seemed kinda underwhelming.

But Donner > Shawarma ( Lebanese kind).

Don't from an opinion over the shit they are selling to you under the name of Turkish. Let alone Europe, Pakistan or US, it is hard to find proper Turkish food even in Turkey. So no, you have no idea about Turkish food.

They are boring not because they are untasty or anything, but because they are everyday food, ordinary...

Don't from an opinion over the shit they are selling to you under the name of Turkish. Let alone Europe, Pakistan or US, it is hard to find proper Turkish food even in Turkey. So no, you have no idea about Turkish food.

They are boring not because they are untasty or anything, but because they are everyday food, ordinary...

Hence my post to taste bland turkish food. Wonder what made you all hurt?

Back
Top Bottom