What's new

J-10 Will Come With T O (P) T

I don't understand why do you guys compare JF-17 to Su-30 or relate its numbers to each other. They are NOT at par. Nor will be in near future. Nor JF-17 has been acquired to counter Su-30. F-16s and J-10s are there to counter this monster, JF-17 is for the little monsters.

Yeah may be in future if we get a bigger version of JF-17 as per the CGI pictures looking similar to JSF then you can compare it in quality and in numbers.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

ALLAH help us
by 2015 we will having only 36+18=52 4.5 generation fighter jets and india will be having nearly 280+20=300(MKIs and first MRCA squadron)...
under this condition only allah can help us

Anyone have a link for this source? Doesn't seem right...... :what: :what:

TOT for 36 jets???? :hitwall: Is China insane?

150 Fc-20's would be in PAF with TOT built in Pakistan :pakistan:

Initial 36 FC-20 ordered, to be delivered by 2015.[6][7][8][9] Believed to be a version of the upgraded J-10B, incorporating an IRST, diverterless supersonic intake, new radar and modified vertical stabiliser fin.[10] Contract believed to have been signed in November 2009, delivery of dozens more aircraft likely, possibly up to a total of 150 FC-20.[11]

List of aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hope it helps

ALLAH help us
by 2015 we will having only 36+18=52 4.5 generation fighter jets and india will be having nearly 280+20=300(MKIs and first MRCA squadron)...

i think 36 figure is used for j-10's
but by 2015 how many f-16 will be upgraded to 52+ standards
and some jf-17 block II(will they come in 4.5 or will remain in 4 generation)

TOT and Licensed manufacturing are used some time out of context..

In Licensed manufacturing , you can either assemble from kits, or manufacture the items and assemble it in a jig.

in TOT there are various level, design level,usage level, deep tot etc...

and it needs lot of time and Money to assimilate them.

If Pakistan is going to get 150 ac and if it wants manufacture the components they you can set an assembly line, else for <100 ac, it is always good to buy for original manufacturer

As other people have said, PAF and PAC have clearly mentioned that there is no industrial interest in producing J-10s in Pakistan. As far as ToT is concerned, a lot of it is already here since the JF-17 and J-10 will share quite a few technologies. As usual, engines will be foreign and radar probably western. The rest is airframe and other avionics, flight computer, mission computers, glass cockpit, etc which are being built for the JF-17 using the same technology if only smaller in size. Remaining would be few gadgets probably like FLIR/IRST, etc that FC-20 will have in addition. The main concern is the assembly line which PAC has said it is not interested in.

Regarding this news in this thread, I don't even think it is speculation but just bad translation. It also says pakistan wants occupation of asia, middle east and africa. So its just bad translation by google or whatever tool was used and nothing more. PAC has its hand full for the next decade with Drones, JF-17, AWACS, etc and won't be interested in opening a new assembly line.

one thing we should keep in mind is that FC-20 will come in 2013 to 2015. so obviously first purchase will be "off the shelf" so if PAC wants to produce FC-20 then it will probably will engage itself in about 2016. JF-17, by then will be completed 200 mark by then given the annual target of 60 ACs per year (30 PAC+30 CAC), we know that JF-II will be different from JF-I so PAF will be definitely in need of more sophisticated technologies that might be incorporated in new design so we would definitely see a midlife upgradation in assembly line. Beyond 2015-2016 I rather see this line catering exports and a new line for high level new aircraft such as FC-20. So IMHO, it is very possible.

11 thunder in current situation against much superior 100 MKIs
this is what you will called a quiet well progress
Opting not to mention the timelines and the variance in requirement negates your argument. JF-17 while not a flanker killer (nor has it ever claimed to be one), was a very successful project. It met the goals it was set out to achieve.

The number of JF-17s is an operational issue and will take a humanistic time. Don't confuse Operations with Projects.

ALLAH help us

I think India will crash about 20~40 MKIs before that, since many of them will be assembled in India, which is known for quality problems, so I will put the number at 260. Given their lack of maintenance expertise, I would say less than half would be combat ready, so the number would be further reduced to about 100~130. Then, 80% of them will be stationed on the Chinese border, so Pakistan only has to worried about 20 or so MKIs. I think 52 will be quite sufficient... Don't worry about the Chinese front. In the past few months the MKIs have been harrassing the borders and they got locked dead on by our HQ-9 every time! They will be fried if they tried anything stupid.

One thing that can be done with the J-10 is to manufacture some parts in Kamra, send them to China where they will be fitted to the J-10's destined for Pakistan ( there is a phrase for this, but I forget it.)

Obviously this will help with cost, and industrial experience.

Stop Worrying about 230-280 SU30MKI

PAF will have 36 J10 & 50+ F16/52 by 2015 TO BLOW them away

I think India will crash about 20~40 MKIs before that, since many of them will be assembled in India, which is known for quality problems, so I will put the number at 260. Given their lack of maintenance expertise, I would say less than half would be combat ready, so the number would be further reduced to about 100~130. Then, 80% of them will be stationed on the Chinese border, so Pakistan only has to worried about 20 or so MKIs. I think 52 will be quite sufficient... Don't worry about the Chinese front. In the past few months the MKIs have been harrassing the borders and they got locked dead on by our HQ-9 every time! They will be fried if they tried anything stupid.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:..REALLY NICE ONE..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom