What's new

J-10B - Information

lol so do I ,thats why i had edited my posts (sometimes mistakes happen:meeting: but read post#99 u might get some
information)
well i got some schematic pics regarding j11 aesa radar

No biggy.

Even though the J-10B would likely have AESA, I do not think it'd be comparable to the latest US-desginated ones.

Is there any name designation for the Chinese AESA radar? Some English sources would be appreciated.

so sir u r assuming that j10b radar may be a 1st gen aesa radar :pop:
If it has those 'spike' design radiators -- yes. Each 'spike' or radiator has a length and that length hint at freq range. The longer the wider that range. An antenna with the main array composed of mostly small 'spikes' and a few large ones hints at first generation element technology where a certain bandwidth is beyond the material and physical composition that made it, hence a few much more larger 'spikes' in order to handle a wider freq range for certain missions.

No biggy.
:lol:
Even though the J-10B would likely have AESA, I do not think it'd be comparable to the latest US-desginated ones.
well i dont know about that , if i say that then chinese fanbouys would start accusing me of biased & inferiority complex so i
wont comment on that
Is there any name designation for the Chinese AESA radar? Some English sources would be appreciated.
no i didnt find any name designation ,but chinese letter designation of AESA ,that information may be known to chinese
member only as i cannot translate chinese letter in jpeg image file :pop:

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

If it has those 'spike' design radiators -- yes. Each 'spike' or radiator has a length and that length hint at freq range. The longer the wider that range. An antenna with the main array composed of mostly small 'spikes' and a few large ones hints at first generation element technology where a certain bandwidth is beyond the material and physical composition that made it, hence a few much more larger 'spikes' in order to handle a wider freq range for certain missions.
but sir how can u be sure about spike design radiators on j10b radar ,i mean how can u say that those probes are spike design
radiators:meeting:

well i dont know about chinese forum but it was discussed in this defence pk earliear .
well what has DSI got to do with IFF antenna :blink: yes IRST thing i can consider

you can see JFT's IFF probes are fitted on underside that is for reserve the top place of JFT's IRST in futue .
UQYAe.jpg

however,J10B have a Chin DSI not like JFT ‘s side inlet .if IFF probes are fitted on underside like JFT,then the air currents caused by IFF probes that will affect J10B's DSI efficiency .Also there are IRST on the top of J10B's nose.So the IFF probes of J10B are only fitted on the surface of ASEA radar in order to save more space.
tt0c6.jpg

however,J10B have a Chin DSI not like JFT ‘s side inlet .if IFF probes are fitted on underside like JFT,then the air currents caused by IFF probes that will affect J10B's DSI efficiency .
well how can u say that air currents caused by IFF probes that will affect J10B's DSI efficiency. I mean i want a technical
explanation to prove ur claims .

Forget indians even americans & russians would wonder about that chinese innovation & they would start copying ur innovation

LaughingCatAnimated.gif

actually,china is waiting for new innovation from your indians,you know both china and indian are third world developing countries which were looked down upon by western world,dont forget it,we are the same Brics

actually,china is waiting for new innovation from your indians,you know both china and indian are third world developing countries which were looked down upon by western world,dont forget it,we are the same Brics
well yes so plz dont taunt me again to troll like before .instead concentrate on topic sincere
request to u .:coffee:

Dr Saab,

Both PESA and AESA can scan without mechanically steering!
If that was the case then would it not be called Mechanically Steered Array (MSA).
All ESA radars, PESA or AESA can steer their beams electronically.

I thought that would be fairly obvious.

Man, you've seriously pwned DrSomnath999.

No biggy.

The crucial question is how far behind will it be compared to the US?

The Pakistanis have said that the radar in the Chinese ZDK-03 AWACS is better than that on the Swedish Erieye AWCACS.

I think that the Chinese are not that far behind the US.

The crucial question is how far behind will it be compared to the US?

The Pakistanis have said that the radar in the Chinese ZDK-03 AWACS is better than that on the Swedish Erieye AWCACS.

I think that the Chinese are not that far behind the US.

where is the source?

Man, you've seriously pwned DrSomnath999.
well u seriously need to go any eye hospital along with that guy which thanked u for that stupid post:D as u guys failed to see that i had accepted my mistake & edited it . I also gave an overall idea about different kinds of radars in post no # 99
ALso i was mentioning about hybrid radars .Well kindly read it boy u can learn something

Mechanical Phased Array Radars
These are often termed as hybrid radars. They are AESA or PESA antennas steered mechanically.
This gives the radar the best of both the worlds. The mechanical steering increases the horizontal field view of the radar to over 150 degrees and the Electronic Scanning provides excellent detection ranges.
These radars do contribute to the rcs of the aircraft, which is the reason they are not used on aircraft for which Low
observability is a requirement.

Advantages:
- Highest range
- Combines features of MSR and Phased Array radars(PESA or AESA)
- Highest field view
- Fastest scan rates

Disadvantages:
- Increases RCS of the aircraft
- Expensive
- Maintenance heavy

Examples:
N011M Bars ESA Radar on the Su30MKI
Irkut-Su-30MKI-BARS-1.jpg

Leave it

how good is the J-10B 1200 t/r module aesa against the 880(i dnt knw exactly) t/r modules AESA of Rafale?

Back
Top Bottom