What's new

Japan plans to replace 100 F-15Js with 100 F-35As

F-35 has only beaten J-20 in the brain of an old Viet refugee.
And the J-20's superiority exists only in video games.

Here is what is happening...

Prior to WW II, the US was known as the superpower with global reach but no global burdens. Interests, yes, but no burdens in the sense the Europeans had. Then came the Cold War and the US had burdens. US nuclear umbrella protected important allies and served as deterrence. When the Soviet Union collapsed, the US began the path to the 1940s -- a superpower that have global reach but no global burdens.

The F-35 will enable our allies to do what we promised back in the Cold War and back then, we would not have share the F-35 with anyone, not even the Brits nor the Israelis. Today, if there is a conflict that threatens our allies and/or interests, we will strike deep while our allies, with the F-35 will hold the line. Despite the F-22, the F-35 is America's front line fighter and giving our allies this capable fighter means they will equally bear the cost of any conflict that threatens our mutual interests. We shifted the Cold War burdens to them.

Unless someone from the PLA is willing to spill the J-20's details to the public the way we allowed Lockheed to publicize the F-35, I know the technical aspects of America's top fighters in ways NONE of you guys will ever know the J-20. And I am confident that by the time we and our allies are fully integrated, their F-35s will threatens your PLAAF in ways your generals will not expect.

Endurance+160+Close-up.jpg

Above is 14500 ton range Singapore Endurance 160 Chopper Carrier to be built by our Marine Construction.

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDEQFjAF&url=http://www.stengg.com/download/pdf/1145a3iazembefv3e5ef.pdf&ei=cpfIVPqQN8a1mAW7s4G4CQ&usg=AFQjCNFv8KpmXJx19mtW3oY1PQWFjawqJQ&sig2=DrrGRelUimA7p1p58XSITg&bvm=bv.84607526,d.dGY

With F35, this will be an aircraft carrier capable for holing up one squadron (16) fighters.

Our Endurance 160 is just 5000 tons or 25% smaller than Japanese Hyuga class as below.

image013.jpg

236_181.jpg

The 'single engine' criticism against the F-35 is done. Over. Kaput. Finis.

The F-16 proved the F-35 in this regard. Further, the F-35 is not the USN's first single engine fighter. The USN flew the F-8 Crusader for a while and it served well.

Vought F-8 Crusader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Between June and July 1966, during 12 engagements over North Vietnam, Crusaders shot down four MiG-17s for two losses.[17] The Crusader would be credited with the best kill ratio of any American type in the Vietnam War, 19:3.[3] Of the 19 aircraft shot down during aerial combat, 16 were MiG-17s and three were MiG-21s.
The F-35 will serve the JSDF well. Put it on the helo carriers and Japan will be a carrier navy before the PLAN. Probably the better as well.

J-20, which one has been operational today? and what kind of specs she holds? From J-10 first flying and became operational China need more than a decade how can they expect J-20 to be operational tomorrow

J-31 Stealth fighter with smokey bandits engines and a lot of smokes in trail

Can't say about single engine though I remember that the PH Air Force did use F-8 Crusaders... until Mt Pinatubo exploded, combined with issues of spare parts for the aircraft and maintenance issues.

Anyways, I am pretty sure Japan can handle F-35s.

I don't even understand how he can say china is ahead of Russia in engine tech sophistication and even ahead of U.S? :lol: All their fighter are basically flying with Russian engines and he says China engine is more sophisticated? :o: ChChina lags way behind even France and U.K in engine tech sophistication forget about U.S. to put things in perspective, of Russia was to stop deliveringits soviet era engines to China, chinas whole air force will be grounded.:agree: Well until they can perfect their own engines manufacturing/tech. That will take years though. So they should thank Moscow instead of saying their engines are better than Moscow's.:enjoy:

@mike2000 ,

I know you were singing this as you typed that:

:lol:

Endurance+160+Close-up.jpg

Above is 14500 ton range Singapore Endurance 160 Chopper Carrier to be built by our Marine Construction.

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDEQFjAF&url=http://www.stengg.com/download/pdf/1145a3iazembefv3e5ef.pdf&ei=cpfIVPqQN8a1mAW7s4G4CQ&usg=AFQjCNFv8KpmXJx19mtW3oY1PQWFjawqJQ&sig2=DrrGRelUimA7p1p58XSITg&bvm=bv.84607526,d.dGY

With F35, this will be an aircraft carrier capable for holing up one squadron (16) fighters.

Our Endurance 160 is just 5000 tons or 25% smaller than Japanese Hyuga class as below.

image013.jpg

236_181.jpg

Good luck to Singapore ! You guys have the rivalry in the Malaccas region, don't you? Dealing with the competition between Malaysia and Indonesia. :)

The 'single engine' criticism against the F-35 is done. Over. Kaput. Finis.

The F-16 proved the F-35 in this regard. Further, the F-35 is not the USN's first single engine fighter. The USN flew the F-8 Crusader for a while and it served well.

Vought F-8 Crusader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The F-35 will serve the JSDF well. Put it on the helo carriers and Japan will be a carrier navy before the PLAN. Probably the better as well.

And the F-16s have been the basis of much international fanfare and ingenuity. I believe the J-10 has been influenced by it, the Korean T-50s, the F-2s as well as the Taiwanese F-CK-1 ;)

Our 2 Izumo Class Light Carrier can accomodate about 18-20 F-35Bs, plus Ospreys, et al. If we , in the future, arm our Izumos with F-35Bs, then we can field about 36-40 F-35Bs on those.

This does not consider our Hyuga Class Light Carriers, which can hold about 8-10 F-35Bs each. We have 2 Hyuga Class LIght Carriers.

And then...we also have 2 Osumi Class .....
How many AC's does Japan operates???

Aircraft Carriers? Oh none. We only have 6 'helicopter destroyers' :devil:
Is there a treaty that actually prevents Japan from operating AC ?
Or is it just Japan trying to show voluntarily that its pacifist.

The F-35 VTOL version is going to be the naval air weapon of choice for countries that have blue water access and global interests. Not burdens, but interests. The JSDF may very well be the leader for navies that straddles the line between being a classic carrier navy like the US and being a new type of navy that while separate operate as enhanced coast guards but together as a fleet, they can bring to bear focused and formidable firepower when needed.

Pierre Sprey's time is over and the Chinese critics are fools to follow him. I wish more of them infect the PLA's leadership. The more shortsighted they are, the better for US and our allies.

The F-35 VTOL version is going to be the naval air weapon of choice for countries that have blue water access and global interests. Not burdens, but interests. The JSDF may very well be the leader for navies that straddles the line between being a classic carrier navy like the US and being a new type of navy that while separate operate as enhanced coast guards but together as a fleet, they can bring to bear focused and formidable firepower when needed.

Pierre Sprey's time is over and the Chinese critics are fools to follow him. I wish more of them infect the PLA's leadership. The more shortsighted they are, the better for US and our allies.

Astutely said, Sir. One thing I would like to add is that since Japan does not have vast overseas military interests, unlike the United States, it doesn't make sense for the JSDF to wield supercarriers just yet. Secondarily, we've no military operations in the global scale for quite some time thus the reason why our navy hasn't fielded carriers. But, as time progresses and as nations adapt to external environments, Japan finds itself pressed to defend its economic interests. Would I be surprised if say in the near future Japan fielding a supercarrier ? No, i wouldn't. But its goal would be primarily defensive in nature.

Astutely said, Sir. One thing I would like to add is that since Japan does not have vast overseas military interests, unlike the United States, it doesn't make sense for the JSDF to wield supercarriers just yet. Secondarily, we've no military operations in the global scale for quite some time thus the reason why our navy hasn't fielded carriers. But, as time progresses and as nations adapt to external environments, Japan finds itself pressed to defend its economic interests. Would I be surprised if say in the near future Japan fielding a supercarrier ? No, i wouldn't. But its goal would be primarily defensive in nature.
The South China Sea region is going to be Japan's responsibility. Like it or not, it WILL be Japan's. The US will not leave Japan to bear that burden alone, if push comes to shove to ensure freedom of passage and navigation in the SCS, we will take the lead but we will also expect our partners in the region, the leaders are Japan and South Korea, to be willing to put stakes in the game. But until that day come, Japan will be the leader in monitoring the SCS.

The South China Sea region is going to be Japan's responsibility. Like it or not, it WILL be Japan's. The US will not leave Japan to bear that burden alone, if push comes to shove to ensure freedom of passage and navigation in the SCS, we will take the lead but we will also expect our partners in the region, the leaders are Japan and South Korea, to be willing to put stakes in the game. But until that day come, Japan will be the leader in monitoring the SCS.

Let's hope that all partners will make sure the region remains stable, Sir.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom