What's new

Japan suffers lowest number of births on record as population shrinks

These Korean-Japanese (Zainichi Kankukojin) are able to get Japanese citizenship. Under Japanese Law, one must give up one's former nationality / citizenship in order to become a Japanese National. While many Japanese of Korean descent have already done this, the hard-liners prefer to keep their Korean "Nationality" for patriotic reasons, for sure. We've seen many Taiwanese, Chinese, et al becoming Japanese Nationals. There is absolutely no reason why Korean-Japanese cannot be Japanese Nationals; all they have to do is follow the Naturalization Process.

Ahahahah.... Absolutely correct nihonji, but as I said before, you must know why Koreans won't do this(unlike the Chinese/Taiwanese). Simply because koreansKoreans are tooooooooo nationalistic and most of them are too anti/hate Japan so much that it makes even the Chinese look like pro Japanese.:rofl:
That's Koreans for you.;)

@Nihonjin1051 I think Japan is really cool and would love to visit it but somehow i can´t agree with your statement. Do you think it is really possible for a "Gaijin" to be accepted there? Japan is such a homogenic society. I have japanese friends but i could never imagine they they would see me as one of their own. Japan is defined by its culture, language and even more so on its "race". Would you take me serious as a japanese? I have my doubts.

I think that works all nice in theory but never in reality

Hope to see more of this:

acs3s25rvye0navadfk3.jpg

In small amounts it is fine. I believe it will be harder for nation to preserve its heritage and culture, the more mixed its society comes. It's the Japanese people who make Japan great......

If you were to compare the birth rates of the Japanese with the birth rates of the indigenous inhabitants of Europe there wouldn't be much difference. The Japanese have seen how immigration into Europe has led to huge societal tension and want no part of it.
By the way, I understand the pill isn't actually used widely by Japanese women so how come there aren't more "accidents". Do they all just remain celibate their whole lives?

New generation japanese aka otakus are only interested in 2D women, 3D specimen are needed to make babies.

If you were to compare the birth rates of the Japanese with the birth rates of the indigenous inhabitants of Europe there wouldn't be much difference. The Japanese have seen how immigration into Europe has led to huge societal tension and want no part of it.
By the way, I understand the pill isn't actually used widely by Japanese women so how come there aren't more "accidents". Do they all just remain celibate their whole lives?

Too many single Japanese women! :(

Well, there are definitely social changes. For one, after WWII, Japan had a massive "baby boomer" effect, many of the servicemen who came back to Japan from our former colonies -- eventually "went to town", as the Americans would say it. lol. It was common for post-war Japanese families to have as much as 4-7 children per couple.
Back then it was common to marry at such a young age of around 18, 20, 22 et al.

Nowadays, society is placing more emphasis on education. More kids are going to graduate school, developing their careers before marrying and producing offspring. And when they do, it is around 1 to 2 children (ideal), instead of say 4 or 7 (tho it is still common in rural parts of the country).

Sustaining 4-7 kids takes a lot of capital. Imagine having to take care of 5 crawling babies in the living room!? LOL.

:lol::angel:.....:o:

Well, im not so certain that a declining birthrate is a favorable outcome for Japan.

This is exactly what's wrong with our world today: Industrious and productive nations are encouraged to have low birthrates, meanwhile third world countries where populations are less industrious and productive are provided with massive financial aid and favorable trade agreements boosting their populations, AND it doesn't stop there, but the less productive populations are also allowed to immigrate in the millions to the dying out industrious nations.

Of course, 7, 6, even 5 children are very expensive to take care of no doubt about that, but to be honest, wouldn't you as a Japanese rather prefer 7 Japanese children per family who are familiar with their own culture and have a strong bond with their Japanese heritage and thus deep respect for their own nation?

What i mean is -- becoming active participants of Japanese Society. We should bring in more immigrants who are open to the idea of "becoming" Japanese. Once an immigrant chooses to naturalize, he or she must give up their former citizenship and nationality. They then becoming Japanese Nationals. Their loyalty and dedication should be to their New Homeland-- Japan. And to no other.
But how exactly would you measure someone's honesty in their intentions of becoming a Japanese citizen because they love Japanese culture and are willing to completely give up their former cultural/racial/national identity?? How would you know that they're not doing it out of purely economic gains or even harmful intentions??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom