What's new

Japanese actually worship Hindu Deities: unknown facts

Mirza Jatt

Reaction score
Country
India
A friend of mine sent me this video link telling me how theJapanese people actually worship Hindu deities in their monastaries. They worship gods like Shiva, Ganesha, Laxmi, saraswati and Varuna. Initially I was surprised but then I promptly recalled that it shouldnt come as a suprise as Japanese follow Buddhsim which was born in India and was a Dharmic religion which had its base in Hinduism. as Bodhisena travelled east and spread the religion (?), Japanese peope ended up worshipping Hindu deities without knowing, although the temple priests and Japan are well aware of that often travel to India in this regards (Bodh Gaya).

Whats is fascinating is that the chants/ mantras used in japanese temples are in sanskrit. They even perform Yagnas and praying bell. In fact japan has the oldest worshipped Ganesha temple in the world (yes, its in Japan and not in India).

A friend of mine sent me this video link telling me how theJapanese people actually worship Hindu deities in their monastaries. They worship gods like Shiva, Ganesha, Laxmi, saraswati and Varuna. Initially I was surprised but then I promptly recalled that it shouldnt come as a suprise as Japanese follow Buddhsim which was born in India and was a Dharmic religion which had its base in Hinduism. as Bodhisena travelled east and spread the religion (?), Japanese peope ended up worshipping Hindu deities without knowing, although the temple priests and Japan are well aware of that often travel to India in this regards (Bodh Gaya).

Whats is fascinating is that the chants/ mantras used in japanese temples are in sanskrit. They even perform Yagnas and praying bell. In fact japan has the oldest worshipped Ganesha temple in the world (yes, its in Japan and not in India).

Glad to know about it.

I am not surprised as Hinduism and Buddhism are closely related.

Back
Top Bottom