What's new

Japanese swimmer caught STEALING camera from Journalist , removed from Asian Games

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Japan to expel swimmer from Asian Games for theft - Yahoo News

Quite strange as Japan makes best cameras locally
(I was shocked as Japanese have the LOWEST crime rate in world and are model citizens)

May be it was a attempt by Korea to make Japanese Athlete look bad

a1efe076c48ee964095a1737d290edfb.jpg

INCHEON, South Korea (AP) — Japan has expelled one of its swimmers from the Asian Games while he is investigated for allegedly stealing a camera.

Naoya Tomita, the 200-meter breaststroke gold medalist from the previous Asian Games, could face criminal charges for allegedly stealing a camera owned by a South Korean media organization, team officials announced Saturday.

Tomita was caught by surveillance cameras putting the camera in his bag on Thursday after watching his teammates compete and team officials said he has admitted taking the camera.

"I can't recall anything like this ever happening before with a Japanese athlete at the Asian Games," said Tsuyoshi Aoki, the head of Japan's delegation. "It is a violation of the most basic code of conduct."

"We offer our deep apologies."

Aoki said Tomita would have to pay his own airfare home.

The 25-year old finished fourth in the 100-meter breaststroke and failed to win a medal at the Incheon meet.

Japan to expel swimmer from Asian Games for theft - Yahoo News

Quite strange as Japan makes best cameras locally
(I was shocked as Japanese have the LOWEST crime rate in world and are model citizens)

May be it was a attempt by Korea to make Japanese Athlete look bad

View attachment 90926
INCHEON, South Korea (AP) — Japan has expelled one of its swimmers from the Asian Games while he is investigated for allegedly stealing a camera.

Naoya Tomita, the 200-meter breaststroke gold medalist from the previous Asian Games, could face criminal charges for allegedly stealing a camera owned by a South Korean media organization, team officials announced Saturday.

Tomita was caught by surveillance cameras putting the camera in his bag on Thursday after watching his teammates compete and team officials said he has admitted taking the camera.

"I can't recall anything like this ever happening before with a Japanese athlete at the Asian Games," said Tsuyoshi Aoki, the head of Japan's delegation. "It is a violation of the most basic code of conduct."

"We offer our deep apologies."

Aoki said Tomita would have to pay his own airfare home.

The 25-year old finished fourth in the 100-meter breaststroke and failed to win a medal at the Incheon meet.
@Nihonjin1051 :o:

Nothing to say, he humiliated the Japanese reputation, if I met him I would advise him seppuku.

^^ Seppuku? Surely that's a bit much even given the Japanese concept of honour. This is the 21st century after all.

Meanwhile, some nations would have given the swimmer an award..... :D

Well people just don't steal in Japan that is against their culture norm , you would leave a pot of goal outside the home and no one would touch it but leave a sign on the pot , please remove your pot of gold put it away

So this was a shock no doubt perhaps he took it to return to owner

It became more astonishing as this guy is a gold medalist in past

^^ Seppuku? Surely that's a bit much even given the Japanese concept of honour. This is the 21st century after all.

I really do not understand why he had such a move, he should not be short of money.

Well people just don't steal in Japan that is against their culture norm , you would leave a pot of goal outside the home and no one would touch it but leave a sign on the pot , please remove your pot of gold put it away

So this was a shock no doubt perhaps he took it to return to owner

It became more astonishing as this guy is a gold medalist in past

I really have nothing to say his behavior, he is humiliation.

Nothing to say, he humiliated the Japanese reputation, if I met him I would advise him seppuku.

That's too brutal! Man, you're hardcore!

I really do not understand why he had such a move, he should not be short of money.

Perhaps he was trying to return it? People are already trying to crucify him before finding out truth of story!
Wakarimasen....

@Nihonjin1051

I think that guy is a false flagger, ask him something in Japanese that only a Japanese can understand. :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom